Autotrain with /level

G

Graknak

Whats the catch? I know you won't get autotrain from 1-20 (1-30) but whats with it? I did my 20th respecc and it should spend points into my autotrain areas before i can re-spend the points but it didn't.
Do /level chars have no autotrain at all? Including at levels above the /level limit? Anyone who can clarify this as there wasn't any info on Rightnow...

G

Gallak

What class are you trying to respec and are you sure they autotrain? :) afaik the points should be taken from your point pool when you respec out of that line. When you /level the training should also be pulled from your pool, not freepoints as you would get if you levelled them. That's my uinderstanding anyway but I'm a Troll.

G

Gaeswen

From what I read , there is no auto train with /level 20.

From the patch announcement:

Please remember that when using the /level command, your character will not gain any auto-train in skills. Also note that you can use the /level command with already existing characters if they match the requirements listed above.

G

Graknak

It's like this: /level gives lvl 20 (30), right? it won't give autotrain thats been said. But instead of using your specpoints for the autotrain it doesn't autotrain at all. Nor does it put points in your autotrain skillline if you respec a line.
Now my question is: Is this until 20(30) only? So after that it'll autotrain normally or does it not autotrain at all?, meaning all /level chars will have a disadvantage compared to normal chars.
And does /level remove the autotrain from an old char that already autotrained several times?

E

ele

Have a lvl 14 Reaver which i /levelled today to 20..had 2 points auto-trained in slash..did /respec slash, it gave me 6 points. Not sure on new char creations tho.

S

Solid

i heard there is a major bug with classes liek warriors who autotrain 3 weapon lines.

Because /level doesnt give you any autotrains in anything, when you say respec from one line to another at 40, instead of 2 lines having +10 from autotrain, they wont and you will basically end up losing real specpoints to maintain your autolines at min.

G

Graknak

so basically /level sucks for all classes that normally can use autotrain easilly to get extra points :/

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by Graknak
so basically /level sucks for all classes that normally can use autotrain easilly to get extra points :/

tis the price you pay for insta-20

T

tris-

think of is this way, a few patches ago you couldnt respec to take advantage anyway, so what you gotta lose? :)

S

Solid

not just an autotrain problem.

Say for instance you levelled a warrior to 40, but did the first 20 levels with /20.

if you had 40 Sword, XX shield, YY parry at 40 and decided to respec to Hammer, you wouldnt be able to get 40 Hammer XX Shield YY parry cos some points from you spec pool will be retained to keep Sword at 1/4 minimum (and cos hthe autotrain points were not awarded to help with this, you will LOSE spec points to a line).

Basically you will end up at 38 Hammer XX Shield YY Parry.

Gimped eh.

Maybe its fixed, maybe its not, there were definate examples of this bug/problem in the US when 1.62 went live.

D

Damon_D

God that would mega suck..so basicly you can NEVER EVER respec a /lvl'd char who can auto train without destroying the char..wow cool programming Mythic.. maybe my mom should come by and teach you how to program your vcr....

B

Belsameth

a simple solution, don't use /level
it's not like you're forced...

D

Damon_D

LOL nope no one is forcing us to play this crappy game at all..so maybe they should not fix any bug's at all.sure would make patching go faster ehhh :rolleyes:

B

Bagloor

Originally posted by Belsameth
a simple solution, don't use /level
it's not like you're forced...

But they have teased you with a nice coockie, and when you finally got to taste it you find out that they have intentionally poured too much salt in it :(

G

granny

Tbh i think the no auto-train with /level thing is great, especially for Albion. What are the classes that benefit from auto-train? Melee & stealth chars. Albion already has far too many mercs and infils - what we badly need are more clerics, sorcs, earth wizzies etc, all classes that lose nothing by being /level'd now :)

So come on albs, let's see some more useful chars being made and less of the same old wtfpwnfotmkthxbye ones ;)

D

Damon_D

Hmm yeah what ever..thats not the point ..the point is ..if you EVER respec one of those chars , it would steal points from your temp to fill into the skill's who normaly auto train , but didnt because it was a /level'd char..so basicly you loss 2x the auto train point if you respec..if thats not a bug I dont know

G

granny

Ahh i see, sorry, misunderstood. Yeah that's fuct, wtg Mythic :/

A

aarn

What About This ?

What if you /level to 3 then exp as normal to get 4, then /level to 7 then exp again till 8, etc.... surely that would give all the auto trains and speed up levelling?

B

Belsameth

I haven't tested it, but I also read somewhere that if you get to 24 without training your autotrain specline, it autotrains them all.
can anybody confirm this?

A

accollon

wouldn't have thought so,

or you could get to 20, respec an auto train line, and then get all those points back to respec again at 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom