autotrain and respec

B

Bellona

If i have a char, where some of my skills have been autotrained, what happends to them when i respec ? does it remember how far i autotrained, and let me keep the "extra" points earned by it ?

D

Draylor

No

If you respec an auto-trained line (or a full respec) you are assumed to have spent the points to train it to its minimum level.

How to make use of it best depends on the class and lines autotrained obviously. Armsman for example autotrains thrust/slash. So going crush to 40, then respec'ing crush to either thrust/slash will work well. Other classes have similar things you can do - that I cant think of right now :)

B

Bellona

u get both singleline and full respec at 20 and 40 ?

H

hint

strange because when i respeced my scout at 20 after the respec comand i had 6 points in longbow. seems i got the auto train points added on.

I

ilienwyn

No, if you do the respec it gets you to the autotrained level and substracts those points from the available. you don't gain points

O

old.LandShark

If you autotrained originally and respec the line, it will go to the minimum, i.e. the autotrained level...
if you didn't autotrain an at'ing line, and respec it, it will go to the minimum level again but this time it will use up some points to do so.

B

belth

Only classes that autotrain in weapon-specs can gain points with respec, the rest can't. Take paladin's for example, they autotrain Slash and Chants. Your regular pally is slasher from lvl1, so he keeps putting points to Slash, so real autotraining doesn't happen for Slash. Take the more rare pally, Crush or Thrust. At level40, this slash-pally has (for example) 20 shield, 34 slash, 40 chants. Same with the crush-pally, he has 20 shield, 34 crush, 40 chants. Now they both go do /respec Slash/Crush. They both end up at 0 shield, 10 slash, 10 chants, but the slash pally hasn't gotten any autotraining, so he'll have 542 spec-points, but the crush-pally has 596 because he let his Slash-spec autotrain, hence he got free points during leveling and now at lvl50, the original slash pally has 15 parry, 42 shield, 39 slash, 48 chants. The crush-respecced-to-slash pally has 16 parry, 42 shield, 40 slash, 48 chants.

That's the way it goes, hope someone understood :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom