Autocrafter

S

Sharma

Someone kill people who make macroing in DAoC possible, its gonna end up like Asherons Call, where you can just implement a loop and wake up the next day with a lvl 50 char :l

M

mavericky

Please dont post links to possible cheats, no matter how dum anyone would have to be to use it

N

-Nxs-

It was posted in one of the other forums that the GM's do occasionaly enter the game around the crafting areas and make polite small talk with the crafters - if no one replies but the logs show an increase in skill then its certain they are using some form of macro/hardware tool.

So dont worry :)

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by -Nxs-
It was posted in one of the other forums that the GM's do occasionaly enter the game around the crafting areas and make polite small talk with the crafters - if no one replies but the logs show an increase in skill then its certain they are using some form of macro/hardware tool.

And if someone tells the GM's to piss off then they ban you anyway :p

T

tris-

thats a bit shit, its not a rule you have to talk to the GMs is it? that isnt a good way to sort cheaters out at all. do i have to talk to you just because you talk to me? no not all.

if im looking around a shop and the shop keeper says hi and i dont say anything, does that show for 'certain' i am trying to steal something?

A

acei

Although i'm not defending macro'ing and i don't use it, how can they ban you for using a tool that simply presses a key or more every so often? It's exactly the same as if i pressed a key, it's not like it intercepts the communication between the client and the server i.e. not a cheat. Although this "autocrafter" hardware is obviously a hoax anyway.

H

heilel

Originally posted by acei
Although i'm not defending macro'ing and i don't use it, how can they ban you for using a tool that simply presses a key or more every so often?

Because unattended gameplay is against the CoC.

O

old.Tohtori

Yes. And so should be unattented kids under 12years of age...grr...should be legal to shoot them though.

A

Arnor

ill have two :p

hell you dont need no autocrafter, just ask your lill sister nicely and shell press ze button for you ;)

A

Apathy

Window mode + any macro program = LGM

Hurrah! Save yourself $65!

a.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Arnor

hell you dont need no autocrafter, just ask your lill sister nicely and shell press ze button for you ;)

You ask her "nicely" ?? :D

D

dJyng

runs off to buy some robo lego with the optical thingie :)

S

Shike

Although i'm not defending macro'ing and i don't use it, how can they ban you for using a tool that simply presses a key or more every so often? It's exactly the same as if i pressed a key, it's not like it intercepts the communication between the client and the server i.e. not a cheat. Although this "autocrafter" hardware is obviously a hoax anyway.

because otherwise they might aswell put in a quest you could do in 5mins and become LGM at once? Its not like its fun to craft to 1000+ exactly. Why should anyone be allowed to use some tool and be able to do same things as someone that have done it the right way and spent loads of time on it? Silly question you ask to be honest.

:puke: @ cheaters

O

old.Tohtori

yes, failing that i bribe her with candy :p

Bribe?! :wall:

Threaten with Barbiedoll decapitation! :great:

S

Sarnat

Any mechanical (or electronic) device that will craft for you automatically is also forbidden. Macro or not. Someone had made a crafting helper from legos and posted it here on BW. Same rules apply to that. If it will do something automatically, it's illegal.

G

gutrot

i would be very surprised if that were true :)

you cannot sit at your pc and just craft, you will die from the tedious agony of it. Most will watch tv, read etc and watch films. Monitor doesnt even have to be on you just drag your keyboard to your sofa or whatever and press the same damn button every so often. It would be extremely unjust to ban some1 based on the fact that they didnt reply to you while they crafted.

Im just thankful that there are no cheats as damaging as something like 'aimbots' are to CS.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by gutrot
i would be very surprised if that were true :)

you cannot sit at your pc and just craft, you will die from the tedious agony of it. Most will watch tv, read etc and watch films. Monitor doesnt even have to be on you just drag your keyboard to your sofa or whatever and press the same damn button every so often. It would be extremely unjust to ban some1 based on the fact that they didnt reply to you while they crafted.

Im just thankful that there are no cheats as damaging as something like 'aimbots' are to CS.

yes but if you do that you wont press the button EXACTLY every 2 minutes for new craft to begin.. so even if you aren´t answering the GM´s they can see form the log that you do not press the key at regular intervals and then you aren´t macroing... not answering and your client sends a "craft" command to the server exactly every 2 minutes would in 99% of the cases mean a cheater (the last 1% for the man who actually take time to count the seconds before pushing the button again)

G

gutrot

Originally posted by Addlcove
yes but if you do that you wont press the button EXACTLY every 2 minutes for new craft to begin.. so even if you aren´t answering the GM´s they can see form the log that you do not press the key at regular intervals and then you aren´t macroing... not answering and your client sends a "craft" command to the server exactly every 2 minutes would in 99% of the cases mean a cheater (the last 1% for the man who actually take time to count the seconds before pushing the button again)

well surely if they can check the logs why bother with the 'talking to ppl' bit ?

its very unlikely some1 is gonna sit there and meticulously time each button press. So if its that simple and they can be bothered to check....problem solved?

B

Belsameth

as far as I know, the talking trick is exactly the same as Mythic uses. the posted about it a while ago after an incident with an SM who macro'd F8 and pet attack in a field of greens IIRC

S

Sharma

Oh dear, looks like after a while macroers will make DAoC degenrate into a steaming pile of macroed rubbish ALA Asherons Call 1, hopefully i will have quit by the and the 1337 Macroers can happily macro away..

T

The Real Redi

yes, failing that i bribe her with candy :p

damn... and LGM? you must have one fat sister, dude! ;) heh! you know im kidding, im not that harsh, but if anyones seen the Simpsons, when Homer gets to work at home, get one of those bird thingemies that rocks backwards and forward!!! :great:

hmm, maybe you could rent your sister out to other crafters wanting to get there... maybe auction her out on Ebay? ;)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by The Real Redi
hmm, maybe you could rent your sister out to other crafters wanting to get there... maybe auction her out on Ebay? ;)

Taken on its own that sentence is so much funnier.

S

Serbitar

Originally posted by The Real Redi
but if anyones seen the Simpsons, when Homer gets to work at home, get one of those bird thingemies that rocks backwards and forward!!!

heheh was just thinking of that same moment...

h0m3r 4tehwin!!!11

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom