auto renewing subs!

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
i turned auto-rewed off ("none") but yet i've still been billed for the following month, is it just me this has happened to, or have any of you had similar experiences with wanadoo. Might just be me making a mistake but i thought i'd come here and see for myself.

thanks ;)

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
same here, I turned it off and next day it was there again :eek: .. turned off again .. and still it was up :p

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
i think you're doing it the wrong way tho... when i tried first time, i was up when i checked again... did it another way and it was kept that way

Elcain

Fledgling Freddie
Jika said:
same here, I turned it off and next day it was there again :eek: .. turned off again .. and still it was up :p

then they banned u? ;D

Actually i got the same problem, i know u told me b4 today nuked and i was like 'pff u n0b' but it happends to me also. I turn auto re-new off and it turns itself on again... Imo its scamming ppl on money and should be illegal and sueable! ;)

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
i doubt very much that this is a mistake by all of us .. not sure how you can exactly select none validate it and then get subs for the next month.

Next Question, has anyone actually tried getting money back off them after this has happened .. i've sent the rightnow unhappy email thing as soon as i get a reply i'll let you know how they try blag their way out of paying me :eek:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
phone your bank and tell them to block the payment. Goa have always done this, but they refuse to give you refunds, its probably illegal but most people wont persue it over less than £10.

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
good thinking i'll do it first thing in the morning

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
i don't think it's the only online gaming company who does this, i also had this problem on planetside after only playing for the free month. People need to be more aware this is happening, could be people who don't pay close attention to bank account details that quit long ago and are still being billed to this day, i was speaking to an e&e and he said he argued the case and they gave him 1 free day ... seriously, if you want to end your subs why in the hell would you want 1 free day, infact a free day is the last thing i'd want .. i think i could get more use out of an XXL I LOVE GOA t-shirt

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
get a secure payment card that only work 1 time, that would solve the problem as goa only can bill it 1 time or for a certain amount of cash. Works nice for me as everytime i renew sub it gets on auto renewal.

bigmammas

Fledgling Freddie
well its on 'none' with me so beginning of april its the end for me in daoc at least if they dont cheat to get more cash out of me

time for daoc 2 'trials of balanced mmorpg-making'

Vulcan

Fledgling Freddie
Happened a few times with me, Its fkin annoying as hell when you help someone out cos they cant pay there subs one month and the dam thing renews the subs you paid as a favour the next month even tho its been cancelled.

Ive cancelled 3 times to be rebilled the next time around this week yet again its happened.

My theory is GOA are shit scared were all buggering off to wow & to keep us here keep renewing the subs ;p

Cant do anything but cancell the CC now I tried everything else o_O

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
i got too much cash to keep any kind of organized control of it.. i always make sure i have roughly what it takes to forget the previous week on the fridays/saturdays.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Sue em imo! :D My acc went on auto once .. about 3 month ago.. Tho it went off when i told it to.. Tho ill check it havent switched back on last time... Cuz then ill get really pissed :flame:

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
Oboy said:
get a secure payment card that only work 1 time, that would solve the problem as goa only can bill it 1 time or for a certain amount of cash. Works nice for me as everytime i renew sub it gets on auto renewal.

good idea but honestly, i don't see why anyone should have to do this, these arnt cowboys we are dealing with....

.. o wait!

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Same thing happens to me.

got me mother to renew my sub last month, as my bank account hit rock bottom, then the cheeky sods went and took payment from her card AGAIN this month.

Entran

Fledgling Freddie
Happened here too.

Turned auto renew off and yet im still getting billed for it. Rightnow just won't respond if you try them and the lack of a phone number for customer support... dont get me started on that.

I have a long bad history with GoA and rightnow so nothing suprises me with them any more.

kohen

Fledgling Freddie
:eek2:

If this is true, then surely GOA is doing something illegal !

One problem I know with GOA's billing system is that when the account is still active and someone who gets/knows the user password can change the subscription (without entering any VISA details) and those extra months get billed to your VISA account.

So the trick was BEFORE you give away your daoc account details, ALWAYS let the sub run out first.
But now if what you guys tell is true, if you cannot let your subscription run out because it always renews itself, you should go to the bank so they can let VISA stop GOA stealing your money !

living

Fledgling Freddie
tried it here too, twice. Sometimes it would get back on after a month.
So i bugged up the payment system again (using old link in history bar to pay with really makes wonders) so i can play for free, dont know if they fixed it cuz i aint playing daoc anymore :>

Groag

Loyal Freddie
I have the exact oposite problem, I've been trying to get the auto renew to turn ON for my 2nd account for about 8 months, so far with no success.

I've reported the problem 5 times so far (got fed up a couple of months ago and decided to just live with it) and only once has RightNow even offered to look into it (which they didn't do, just waited a few days and set my question to 'resolved' withough getting back to me).

Basically, the new subscription system seems to be broken in several ways.

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
the rightnow reply as requested ....................

Dear Troi HOLDER,

As you have succeeded in ending the automatic renewal of your account "tholder", we consider your problem is solved.

Regards,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

they dont even read what i've said in the email .... i mean honestly, did they expect me to just leave my subs on '1 month'

Frosen

Fledgling Freddie
I never got auto renew to work on both my accounts for the last 2.5 years (it would just run out at the end of the payed period), and now that i was thinking of letting my accounts run out one of these days i suddenly recieved 2 mails telling my accounts where renewed for another 6 months.... strange :eek:

Nuked said:
the rightnow reply as requested ....................

Dear Troi HOLDER,

As you have succeeded in ending the automatic renewal of your account "tholder", we consider your problem is solved.

Regards,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

they dont even read what i've said in the email .... i mean honestly, did they expect me to just leave my subs on '1 month'

Gotta love auto reply bots tbh :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom