Auto lvl 20 has killed this game for anyone who doesnt have lvl 50

Gaddry

Fledgling Freddie
I used to enjoy making BG characters, was never botherd about getting to 50.

By mythic giving auto lvl 20 its meant that i cant find a grp at all, because the euro servers have such low populations its crap.

I used to play on US servers and there were always to grp with from lvl 1-20.

Sucks, now i have to spend next month lvling on my own to 20 lol...which i think is pointless.

Anyway just thought i would rant, because im paying for rubbish i feel at the moment.

Inca

Fledgling Freddie
Gaddry said:

By mythic giving auto lvl 20 its meant that i cant find a grp at all, because the euro servers have such low populations its crap.

Sucks, now i have to spend next month lvling on my own to 20 lol...which i think is pointless.

Anyway just thought i would rant, because im paying for rubbish i feel at the moment.

Next month??? you solo'ing greys for 5 minutes a day??

I appreciate there aren't many groups for below level 20, but thats cause its so quick solo or whatever. To be honest if you level somewhere near a town theres often a high level dude who will crack a few red buffs on you and off you go. But even completely solo it does not take long to 20.

Gaddry

Fledgling Freddie
hehe yes ok not a month, but i do get bored soloing blues.

And when you know how nice and populated it is on the US servers its REALLY anoying logging on and there being no people around your lvl.

So wish I could just go /20 and have a BG toon :(

Thornar

Fledgling Freddie
How did I manage to start off from scratch last December then?

It was slow yes, but with some effort I eventually did hit 50.

Things doesn't come for free mate. :)

:cheers:

Runimatrix

Fledgling Freddie
I agree /level has taken a big part out of daoc epeacially(sp?) on euro servers. I remember the time when myrkword n Gna Faste was crawling with people from lvl 1-50 but now i go there n its deserted, this makes me sad cos of all the great memories i had there. Any ways just wanna say it is hard to lvl 1-20 so imo just get a 50 n deal with it lol.

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Gaddry said:

Here i think yóu are very wrong.. lvling from 1-20 has never ever been a problem even soloing it goes quite fast doing quests and tasks. might be hard if your a healer but then go aug and you should be able to solo.. the /level command isnt the problem the problem is Moderna grav and leech PL groups it has killed all exping from 20-50 and thats where the real hard parts come in the game. if your having trouble getting from 1-20 on your own then clearly this isnt a game for you.. Having a guild though helps alot since you can always chat and talk to people during downtime

Kedoz

Fledgling Freddie
Well I cant agree that lvl 1-20 goes fast.. feels like 40-50 in moderna goes faster than lvl 4 at times.. urk i hate lvl 4, thouse nasty blue con mobs that takes ages to kill ;)
And as Oldfaravid said its after BG lvl's you realy feel the pain of soloing if you dont have a BB or something that can PL you in moderna.
Anyway I wish you the best of luck with your lvling, I totaly agree that soloing sux, and they should remove \lvl 20. Like that doesnt take long in moderna anyway, so why dont they just remove it ;p

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
lvl 1-5 takes aprox a hour if u are able to get some buffs and 1gold to buy redcon armor and weapon. Then stick around aegir doing killtasks until 20.

Garn

Fledgling Freddie
aggree

/lvl20 sux. I do have my 50's, but just stared a SB w/o autotraining, and indeed, both myrkwood, nisse, well even mularn is mainly deserted.. were great leveling my thane some bout 2 years ago.. plenty of people around I had a blast.

But, /lvl20 is and won't be removed, just sad you have to wait till 50 to get fun. at the moment it's only fixed xp spots where people come xp. No running around "exploring or whatever". heh, xp group ravaging skona =p

Anyway, :m00:

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
Without /level the BGs would be almsot empty, thus making the end result for you getting to BG really not that fun :< I personally love /level but that is because I like to witch realms and have had a 50 on my account so it sticks with the account. If you really enjoy BG, maybe (and I don't really condone this but still) buy an account off ebay, something not very expensive but with /level enabled, and use it purely for BG.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>How did I manage to start off from scratch last December then? It was slow yes, but with some effort I eventually did hit 50. Things doesn't come for free mate.

Soloing in a MMORPG...sheeesh poor sods. When I leveled my first char there were tons of people to group with, so yes the game has changed dramatically over the years, and not for the benefit of new players.

poisono

Fledgling Freddie
I managed 1-35'ish solo on me warrior.. It was the biggest pain in the arse but im getting thier with it...

PS never start a meelee class to 1-50 either get a Shaman, Healer or SM to 45+ so you can get a group in the dread leveling area :)

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Bd

Yah should have started a BD then you would be able to hold conversations with your commander and healers eventually like wot i did. Had me some rivetting discussions too. I kinda miss such times infact. Not that it led to anything mind - you know intimate or anything. Now i talk all day to my buffbot.

MKJ

Gaddry

Fledgling Freddie
The person that said if i cant solo mobs from 1-20 then this game isnt for me.

Your wrong I have done a fair bit of soloing in my life, my point is i know how the servers should be populated at these low lvls, i know euro servers are not the populated US servers, but myrkwood was PACKED with people on US.

Its just really depressing to log on and pretty much think ur the only person on thats within 5 of your lvls or what ever.

And when you have grped from 1-20 in like a week or so, the prospect of soloing to 20 does seem rather boring.

Starting to think might just get US account, you can go into BGs at any lvl now due to NF.

Im not intrested in getting 50, certainly now with TOA you have to spend even longer now getting uber items to stand a chance at 50...according to many people.

N

Nymrin

Even if /level 20 didn't exist, people are hunting really secluded nowadays. Guilds have formed as a sort of "escape" from having to join up with "people you can't stand" and my days before /level 20 were becoming more and more lonesome until I started to go with my guild instead.

Same thing with Buffbots, no one needed any extra people, they'd just level with their BB instead.

I do fancy the days when there were no seclusions and no bb's, some days you grouped up with complete idiots and had a laugh, or you'd find really cool people and have laughs. I'd probably be scared playing this game as a total noob nowadays, I haven't checked Ft. Atla in years.. :m00:

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Gaddry Grey Wolves 7 0 0 Savage Kobold

Kobold Savage is asking for trouble at low levels, extremely tricky to solo. Ironically, I tried a /Level level20 Savage in vendo on a yellow and died. Needless to say that toon got a very rapid deletion. heh. Anyway, best of luck to you, hope your guild can maybe give you a hand if things are as tough as you imply :D

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>I haven't checked Ft. Atla in years..

It looks like the plague took everything that lived there, totally deserted at prime time.

I have been told that in the US new players are recommended a particular server when they start a new account, to ensure that the new players end up with other players. It cant be too long until GOA needs to start do that too and when that happens Prydwen will start to die. And the lack of players on Prydwen is probably the most telling reason why we dont have a third English server. The playerbase is too small.... :(

Arthemis

Fledgling Freddie
I agree.. Moderna has killed alot of the lvling for ppl who dont have acces to a sm / shammy / healer :( find it kinda sad that the game has changed so much since i started! i really miss those times tbh, running around as lvl 9 skald in nisses or something like that... and i even more miss the time where i started on alb / excal got lvl 7 and vent to mithra where there were TONS of other plyers lvling at my lvl! Guess i would prefer beign lvl 1 on a server with NO BBs and loads of lowbies who had no lvl 50! than having two lvl 50s, as i do now, and there arent any lowbies except those 2 new players that joined mid / pry within the last 2 week :(

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
kill tasking in aegir is what its all about tbh, heck you can get 1-20 np's that way. tbh even before /level 20 there wasnt alot of grps going at that level...

<sniff> i miss kill tasking in aegir....:(

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
<kill tasking in aegir is what its all about tbh, heck you can get 1-20 np's that way. tbh even before /level 20 there wasnt alot of grps going at that level...

That is correct, but if you are forced to solo in a multiplayer game then the game/server is in a rather sorry state.

I too would love a BB/Moderna/Fins/albses similar spot free server. What is the point of playing multiplayer games if you hide from the rest of the server population?

Gaddry

Fledgling Freddie
hehe i did have a BB well lvl 7 shammy lol which was helping my savage kill like a right mofo, but sonce new patch there have been those ruddy problems with running two accounts in windows.

Any1 one know if there is answer to that yet.

Im currently lvling mt 10 skald on kill tasks in aegir landing thingy..and its not too bad, apart from when u max out kill tasks.

If you see an ickle dwarf skald running around be nice to him :p

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Couldnt agree more and I feel for you!:/

You are so right!

Auto lvl 20 is a disaster for the refreshrate of players. ITs impossible to get anyone to want to start playing the game when its impossible to get any company from 1-20. (For myself I would love for the lvl 20 command to be removed)!

/Storlaga lvl 50 shammy/Pryd/mid
Glorin lvl 50 healer/pryd/mid
Miffli lvl 50 shammy/pryd/mid
Ulas lvl 50 Sm/pryd/mid
Ular lvl 50 runie/pryd/mid
Ucin lvl 47 shammy/pryd/mid
Hatholdir lvl 48 healer/pryd/mid
Etc, etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom