Augmented Aculty

A

acei

It says on sites and on Camelot Herald that Augmented aculty should increase INT/PIE

When i did my augmented aculty RA nothing changed, still the same PIE (i hadn't reached my PIE cap so this wasn't the problem)

When i got the buff for "augmented aculty" i took off all my items and armour and used it... no increase....

Yet in the DAOC book and on websites it says it should increase the primary casting stat.

Does anyone know why this doesn't work please?

O

old.Wildfire

afaik it increases your cap, not your base

(afaik)

A

Arafier

I always thought that it did increase your primary casting stat yet for some reason it just wasn't shown on your stats page.

I could be wrong tho, I'm certainly no expert on this.

K

K0nah

it increases ur base stat, so say u had 200pie unbuffed you would/should have 206 after aug acuity1.

A

Arafier

Yeah but it doesn't show up on stats window.
Or else my Aug Acuity 2 on my cleric is broke! ;)

E

Eggy

On one of my chars I got Augmented Dexterity 1, which I assumed would increase my base stat by 6 (which it does, as when you SC, you simply add 75 to each stat, then add base, then RA adds.)

But, it didn't show up...rather confusing.

A

Arri

I have AA 3 (+18) and I'm pretty sure it shows up.

If my maths is right...

An Avalonian with +10 to int should have 135 int at level 50. I have 153 which is 18 more than I should.

A

Arafier

If the relogging question was aimed at me, I've had AA2 for quite awhile now, during which time I have relogged quite a few times ;)

It might show up, but I always thought that Acuity buffs don't actually show up at all.. for example, if my cleric buffs herself with Acuity buff that definitely doesn't show up, like, say, a con or dex buff does.

But I haven't checked as such. I suppose I could check using char builder and trying to remember how many points I put into PIE when I created the char, and removing all items... but it doesn't really bother me whether it shows or not, just whether it works, which, seeing as there haven't been any other chars complaining, I would have to assume it does ;)

O

old.LandShark

Well, aug acuity should show up for sure, but I thought acuity buffs from a cleric didn't actually increase charisma/piety? :p

O

old.Finster

acuity buffs only work on primary cloth casters. so it will not help a cleric.

regards, Finster <Nolby Pride>

O

old.FIN

but finster, seems that those clerics need seer, to make them at least little smarter=)

A

acei

Originally posted by old.Finster
acuity buffs only work on primary cloth casters. so it will not help a cleric.
That may be true, but they doesn't explain the lack of augmented aculty RA

To the person that said have i logged since getting it, i got it at level 32 so yes i've logged alot and still no difference my Piety is capped at 187 at the moment i think that's standard for a level 45 cleric isn't it? :(

A

Arafier

Are you sure about acuity buffs not benefiting a cleric? It is supposed to be an acuity buff which is supposed to be primary casting stat... Where did you hear/read/see about it not benefiting clerics?

And I'm not doubting you, it's just not something I'd heard and I'd be interested to know where you heard/experienced it... I am aware that it doesn't increase the stat as such on the stats menu window, but I didn't think it did for anyone (I don't play a caster :D)...

<feels very embarassed if she's gotten it wrong for so long>

:D

A

acei

Originally posted by Arafier
Are you sure about acuity buffs not benefiting a cleric? It is supposed to be an acuity buff which is supposed to be primary casting stat... Where did you hear/read/see about it not benefiting clerics?
I've checked in the big DAOC book that i got with DAOC (although it is out-of-date on alot of things) it does say it should effect INT/PIE/EMP depending on what class the person your casting on is.

I've checked on other sites, it says the same thing the ONLY place that says it only effects INT is: http://daoc.catacombs.com in their character builder.

If it does only effect INT then that's disappointing as i have buffs which increase everything for me except PIE :(

A

Arafier

Ah yeah I see what you mean, they've called it Aid INT (the line of acuity buffs).

Hmm. Difficult one. If Finster can say why he thinks it's INT only, there might be some other resource that says it is...

But it does strike me as unlikely given that you've looked in a lot of places and it does seem to state primary casting stat.

I think I shall continue to buff my cleric with her acuity buff for now ;)

S

SoulFly Amarok

Augmenten <insert stat here> increases the stat by +6, adds to the base. That's it :€

J

Javai

The info from Muythic says acuity buffs primary casting stat BUT I've tested this on clerics and it does not boost Pie, it does however boost pie on Mage types as well as Intelligence. I presume the literature is vague because the primary casting stat is not Int in all realms.

As for Aug Acuity RA if it doesn't work its particularly silly as its a prerequisite for some cleric RAs (unless I've completely lost the plot).

For the record I also tried acuity buffing my Paladin to see if I could get an increased power pool for end chant and that doesn't work either.

S

SoulFly Amarok

Augmented acuity works fine.

Acuity buff is not for healing classes (cleric/friar/druid/bard/warden/healer/shaman), only for casters who have int/pie as their primary stat -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom