Auctions

Robby

Fledgling Freddie
I'd like to ask to, when u make an auction, stick with it.
example:
xplo has an auction
i win it
he assures me it's mine
one day later i come online to collect what i was promised
he says: i got a pm from someone else, he offered more, so u gotta pay more.
I don't think this is honest, cause i won auction. I had the cash to pay more, but didn't really cared for it atm, so i said the otherone could have it.
I am not a bad loser. if someone on the auction offers more, he can have it, np.
But this isn't the case. He didn't even care to bid on auction, just pm'ed xplo later so he'd be sure he'd get it.
I don't think this is fair, and i'd like to ask to all to respect their auctions, so all get a fair chance.
Because now i didn't just lose the auction who i had won, i also lost a guy who i though was a fair exguildy of me.
Ofcourse, after what he did, i doubt it's a big loss.

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
Auction is auction and has clear rules. The one who offers the best gains the prize. He pays it and takes. That's all. If you come to auction in rl after auction judge says "sold", you can simply make acid face, turn and go away. That's all you can do. Otherwise it's not auction but just some cheap cheat.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry to say, but shit happends. Reason for him to auction is to get alot of moneh :) This way he could get even more... not saying it's ok tho :/

You're right, he's wrong :p

Xplo

Banned
1. I didn't assure it.
2. I got a higher bid before you could confirm it ingame.
3. Yes my scout is a gimp :(

Please close this.

Freppe

Fledgling Freddie
lol, its his item, he can w/e he wants with it. If he dont wanna sell it to you, he dont have to. His own choice.

Glorien

Fledgling Freddie
Freppe said:
lol, its his item, he can w/e he wants with it. If he dont wanna sell it to you, he dont have to. His own choice.

Thats true but its just annoying when, as far as he was concerned, he had won the item only to find that he had been outbid after the auction had ended.

Mawinax

Fledgling Freddie
If the seller can bail out of the agreement made by the end of the auction period, i.e. selling the item to the highest bider, so can the buyer. Could be, if the buyer got the item offered elsewhere in the meantime for a better deal.

But if thats the case, what is the value of the auction? Any1 can bid at any item they want without any concequences --> more hazzle for every1 especially the seller.

IMO Xplo has violated, not the CoC, but some of the ethic rules in the game agreed by most ppl. Like not booting ppl from group cuz some1 else turn up U would rather have in the group or cramping other ppl campspots etc.

Maw

Moona

Fledgling Freddie
Xplo is just greedy

note: NOT EVERY BELGIAN IS GREEDY !!

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
First of all, those barrows drops really arent that hard to get :clap:

But seriously, I've had people bail out of actions which they won, with stupid things like 'did I bid?' or 'sorry dont need it anymore'... So selling it to someone else for more isnt wrong either, heck Xplo was even nice and said Robby could still buy it (although at a higher price)...

And stop that 'greed' thing, if you put a car in the newspaper for 10k, a dude calls and says he'll buy it... And another dude comes and has the cash and wants to buy it for 15k, what are you gonna do ? Tell him, sorry someone else wants it for 10k... Ofcourse not ! :) (you go search for the same car for 9k which you can then sell for 10k to the person that called hahahhahahahah)

Same thing goes for the buyer, you say your gonna buy the car for 10k, but while driving to the sales person, you see it for 8k, what are you gonna do? Say, fuck the 2k? Ofcourse not, your gonna either try to get a lower price, or buy the one for 8k...

Its called Trade... Strangly, until the sale is actually signed / cash transfered, nothing is set in stone... Thats why you usually sign a purchase contract when buying expensive things...

However, no such contract exists in DAOC, and as such, no sales are final till the trade is done... Really want the item? Execute the trade faster...

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
so... conclusion: everybody is free to bid, withdraw, sell, buy, auction, raise price, say Mr. X just offered double the ammount of money, say Mr. Y just offered the item for half the price, say it wasn´t me bidding, my lil bro was, say it wasn´t me auctioning, my lil sister was.
What a load of BS.

If you´re auctioning an item, sell it. If you win the auction, buy it. In both cases, buy/sell for the price that´s been determined by the auction. Otherwise stop auctioning things and put the item on your CM. Now Xplo is even considered "nice" because he still wanted to sell the item... yeah, sure!

If you´re bidding on an item on Ebay and win, it´s considered a legal contract. You can´t say "hey, look! this is cheaper, I don´t want the item anymore". Likewise, the seller can´t say "oh! my friend just offered me more.. I won´t sell it for that price but you can have it for ... say.. 100$ more."
I know that Ebay and this auction are different things, but there HAS to be some sort of agreement and trust in auctions, otherwise we might as well stop auctioning stuff.

Xplo

Banned
Xplo said:
1. I didn't assure it.
2. I got a higher bid before you could confirm it ingame.
3. Yes my scout is a gimp :(

Please close this.

nuff said.

Wichtel

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Magmatic said:
Its called Trade... Strangly, until the sale is actually signed / cash transfered, nothing is set in stone... Thats why you usually sign a purchase contract when buying expensive things...

Prolly not the same in every country but in most cases a signed contract is not needed. Somebody makes an offer, another accepts... the deal is done.
Written contracts are just the easiest way to prove things.

However, no such contract exists in DAOC, and as such, no sales are final till the trade is done... Really want the item? Execute the trade faster...

Sad but true :) :mad:

W.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if someone screws you about in an auction post about it on FH and hopefully people will know that they're not to be trusted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom