ATI X1300 XT card, 512 mb

hemorragie

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,

I have recently bought the above gfx card and so far I am pretty pleased with it. The only downside is the noisy cooling fan. The noise drives me absolutely insane when I run demanding gfx programmes.

Could somebody recommends an alternative cooling fan, if there's any available on the market ?

Thanks

Hem

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Most good modern GPU coolers will fit to any graphics card. For example the zalman VF900-Cu shown on the page below will fit almost any card (note its my local PC store in NZ so dont purchase if you live 'up north');

http://www.playtech.co.nz/category.php?action=show&id=463

That said the X1300 is not a high performance card and has a reputation of being a good reliable and extremely quiet card, So I am a little surprised that it would be noisy. If I was you, my first steps before looking at buying a new cooler would be;

- Check software to ensure it isnt a variable speed fan set to max speed...
- remove the fan and any other cooling apparatus (should be no problem with a philips screwdriver)
- Check the fan to ensure nothing obvious is interfering with its operation.
- Apply a small amount of CRC to clean the bearings of the fan. You will not be able to do this on alot of fans if it is well enclosed. (Ensure fan is completely dry aftewards).
- Clean any existing cooling paste of the heatsink on both the fan and card.
- Reapply thermal paste (ideally a good brand like AS-5+) and reattach fan.

hemorragie

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the response :worthy:
I have ordered the zalman VF900-Cu and can't to install it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom