Athlon Cooler

G

GDW

Anyone recommend a good cooler for a oc 1.55ghz t'bird that doesnt sound like a harrier jumpjet? I currently have a Thermorite from Overclockers, but its just 2 darn loud. I can hear it the room below. (upsets the wife when shes watchin changin rooms etc etc and keeps the kids awake) :puke:

T

Testin da Cable

mmm looks good
I'm err shopping myself as I'm looking to upgrade. Got a Globalwin cooler now that indeed sounds like the jumpjet mentioned above. Quiet is good as of now :)

G

GDW

looks the ticket. Very tall though would it fit between the psu and cpu on a standard tower or would I be needing a full tower

cheers

W

Will

The Silverado should fit on most mobos - case size shouldn't be an issue. It's quiet because the fans are nicely contained, in a turbo-like setup, and the heat transfr is good due to the base being solid silver :D

G

GDW

Embattle i asked 4 recommendations 4 a quiet fan. The fan Im slatting for noise is (as I should have stated) an sk6 with a delta fan. This fan is the noisiest fan going so unless you are deaf ;) or have a quiter substitute for the delta then I suggest you read the original post (or tell me of the quiter substitute :p)

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Grandadwrinkle
Embattle i asked 4 recommendations 4 a quiet fan. The fan Im slatting for noise is (as I should have stated) an sk6 with a delta fan. This fan is the noisiest fan going so unless you are deaf ;) or have a quiter substitute for the delta then I suggest you read the original post (or tell me of the quiter substitute :p)

I recommend you get your facts right. The ThermalRight SK6 has an ordinary YS-TECH fan, the Super ThermalRight SK6 has the delta fan.

G

GDW

Super sk6 not heard of it. Bought mine as as a Thermalright sk6 blurb said it had a delta fan.....waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh......Ive been misled. Thank god for forums they never let ya down :twak:

W

Will

Granddad - you may have been right about the Silverado fitting in the case, as the review I read at the previous link, they had to remove the PSU to fit in in the case. However, it is the best cooling heatsink you can buy that doesn't have a screamer fan.
You could try noise-proofing your box instead, might make a difference.

G

GDW

ta itchy..

ok embattle im gonna have to have a closer look at the fan as the pics used in this link are 1 and the same, pretty sure mines a delta though .
:)

E

Embattle

Pics are the same on that page, delta fan.

Whats the model number on your fan?

I've had:

ThermoEngine (Delta) = Too noisey
Taisol (Oridinary) = Alright, Quite
Taisol (Copper Base) = Bit better, Quite
Super Orb = Bitch to fit

My present ThermalRight SK6 is quiet and works damn good.

G

GDW

ill get backto u on that one watch this thread.........

:sleeping:

O

old.TUG

Erm........ Taisol 760 is good on tha cheap and Millenium Glaciator if u have 40 squid spare. I have the latter and it's v. nice but fucking HEAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like 800g. Pure copper :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom