At Luja the Friar

Grieff

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Luja

Grats on the RvR results lately ... you are one of the top friars in the world right now :worthy:

Your battlefield prowess seems to rubbish all the anti-friar sentiment about these days.

Keen to know:

1. Your spec

2. Your RAs

As I might dust my Friar off for the coming holiday season and jump in some for some fun RvR.

Regards

Friar Grieff
RR4

AngeLujo

Fledgling Freddie
ello :)

spec is 44 staff, 48 enhance, 7 reju and 7 parry
ra-s in order to buy (ofc imo ;)) are purge2, ST1, dex3 and mopain2/3, then go for ip2

hope i helped and thx for the nice words (and Phus is (well was) a way better friar than me ;p)

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Imo when you have access to an I-win RA as static tempest then take it all the way as soon as possible :p

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Us spec heat nukers have known friars to be undervalued for a long time.

Hope they stay that way :D

Mael, 50th ment.

Bhalage

Fledgling Freddie
Maeloch said:

Hope they stay that way :D

Mael, 50th ment.
yes, thats one of the major reasons for friar in rvr grp.
when this game turned into dark age of castalot we didnt wanted to go out and be hitted for 1000+.

Sobek

Fledgling Freddie
Bhalage said:
yes, thats one of the major reasons for friar in rvr grp.
when this game turned into dark age of castalot we didnt wanted to go out and be hitted for 1000+.

AoD didnt run with Friars pre-nf though, and it was then spec nukers really shined :]

Phusion

Fledgling Freddie
well well, i've got some other opinions about those specs, ra's and stuff..

first of all, going 44 staff is no use imo, the stun is on a 3 style chain, which is hard to get in, there is always some pbt which intercepts the blow or so, also you don't gain much WS from speccing 44 staff, imo 39 staff is more than enough for a friar.

then, enhance, my template has only 16% matter resists, thus i prefer 49 enhance, but that's a personal thingie.

rejuv, everything above 15 rejuv is ok, 15 rejuv is a must.

well well, now the RA's:

frist thing: GET STATIC TEMPEST 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 18 sec ae stun mmmmmmk?! saves your life so many times and it is also mega great in group RvR.
Then, you need purge 2 and IP 2.. rest is passives (Mop, aug dex)

passives are wank :p actives are much more fun :D

greatings phusion, retired friar.

AngeLujo

Fledgling Freddie
Sobek said:
AoD didnt run with Friars pre-nf though, and it was then spec nukers really shined :]

we did run with friar pre-nf, only for a week tho :)

Uberlama

Fledgling Freddie
Sobek said:

we did for 1 or 2 weeks :) that was the times when remisk did hit for 500ish but most casters for 400-450ish ^^

edit :/slap Lujo for replying faster :eek:

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Maeloch said:
We Albs have known how good Friars are but we either undervalued caster groups or were too lazy to form them. In pre-ToA tank groups, however, you had no room for Friars really - Theurgist's Haste+EB kinda made the two det-tanks into three and the interupting abilities Theurgist have is far more important than anything Friar can offer.

Core of group in OF
Cleric
Cleric
Minstrel
Sorc

Core of group in NF
Cleric
Cleric
Friar
Sorc

Imo :cool: Roll back to OF-RAs and I would prefer Mini over Friar anyday (no problems in having both in caster group though).

Bhalage

Fledgling Freddie
Sobek said:

ok to clear up things:

AoD runs friar in grp since i joined (i wanted friar in grp because healing was almost impossible against nukers and the game was about nukers) and yes thats about 1 week before NF

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Saggy said:
Core of group in OF
Cleric
Cleric
Minstrel
Sorc

Core of group in NF
Cleric
Cleric
Friar
Sorc

Imo :cool: Roll back to OF-RAs and I would prefer Mini over Friar anyday (no problems in having both in caster group though).

Yes I agree :p

In a duel Minstrel wins all the time. I had a 50 friar, used for PvE only - uber farmbot ;)

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
GimpStrole said:
Yes I agree :p

In a duel Minstrel wins all the time. I had a 50 friar, used for PvE only - uber farmbot ;)
Futurama \o/

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
well if all albs knew Friars were useful how come most still run solo?
yes well done luja for lwrp as i believe it was great well played
last week i made 60k which is my highest ever total but man i,m so bored of keep retakes or keep battles
some people know friars are good <my old guilds and present one> but look at weekly rp count and only a few friars are left
me i will always play friar either solo or in group sure i die alot but played other classes and it seems friar will always be for me
as for spec 39 staff is more than enough never ever used 44 style in rvr rarely in pve <was 44 staff for whole of SI>
my only gripe about friar is why is a dex based class have the lowest dex of all classes
i hear hib chanters saying i have over 400 dex we can get nowhere near that
mythic should let me change my original starting points, i think i put them in strength,con,piety....if i had my chance again i would go 15 dex 10 con
anyhow enough of my rants
keep up the good work luja you might just make friars popular in groups again
deepfried studiomonkey

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Deepfried said:
mythic should let me change my original starting points, i think i put them in strength,con,piety....if i had my chance again i would go 15 dex 10 con

Most Friars made that mistake, so Mythic put a Dex/Qui selfbuff for friars because everyone thought they relied on strength. Thats their way of fixing it ^^

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
yes but extra 15 dex to start with would make it so much easier so mythic putting dex quixk buff in wasn't all they should have done
deepfried

Phusion

Fledgling Freddie
dex/quick buffs was good when there was no buffbots, but now everyone has a buffbot making our self buff useless and giving us back the old problem, way to low dex ><

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Phusion said:
dex/quick buffs was good when there was no buffbots, but now everyone has a buffbot making our self buff useless and giving us back the old problem, way to low dex ><

Yep, I used my BB to buff my friar before farming, dex was approx 350 and hps around 1800. Selfbuffs gave like 280 dex and 1500 hps.

Gimped.

Shoalin

Fledgling Freddie
Deepfried said:
i hear hib chanters saying i have over 400 dex we can get nowhere near that

Yeah givf stat respec. i think i stuck about 10 in strength when i rolled my char 3 years ago.
When I orignally rolled an acoltye the strength and piety stats were yellow :kissit:

Haazheel

Fledgling Freddie
Levi, 44 in staff is a matter of WS, thats why Luj went this way, like many others, Kawala/Fratus etc.

You are sceptic ? Duel Kawala to see what kind of damage she does :drink:

As for RA, someone in Rigante pointed something interesting this week-end : toughness. T2 = +100 HPs, so if you add IP right after, 20% of life is more HP returned back !

For my friar (Fratus Sinister)
44s/49e/rest in rejuv
ST2/IP/Purge, will respec if I find a group to RvR regularly to ST2/T2/aD, and when bigger get Purge2/IP2.

[edit]
forgot to say theDrunkenFriar boards have all templates, all impressions, TL reports etc. have a look there :)

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
i dont actually think +/-10 dex matters so much, at least not making Luja's thread into a whine thread..

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
I think Phusion points out that 39 or 44 staff will make no difference in base damage (the chance in Weaponskill umber is fake). Try reading some of Wyrds postings on VN baords if you dare.

There will be a slight difference in style damage between 39 and 44 spec, but this damage would IMO be outweighted by the greater heals and rez if you spec a bit more rejuv, 18 or so.

Haazheel

Fledgling Freddie
Illtar said:
I think Phusion points out that 39 or 44 staff will make no difference in base damage (the chance in Weaponskill umber is fake). Try reading some of Wyrds postings on VN baords if you dare.

There will be a slight difference in style damage between 39 and 44 spec, but this damage would IMO be outweighted by the greater heals and rez if you spec a bit more rejuv, 18 or so.

Thats all my point as well, theres a difference actually if you fight something the same level than you (which is rvr case or a duel). All the figures are on TDF, I dont go on VN :p
And in order to see if theres a real difference, I encourage to duel someone with 44 in staff, only augDex matters then in a friar duel.

I agree a better rejuv can help, I was rejuv specced at start. But I have chosen to remove my rejuv points thank to some nifty things - EoY, HE, ML10 Perfecter. Add a toy or two to avoid crying at base heal variance and theres no more point to spec rejuv - appart *hot* maybe (lol)

Phusion

Fledgling Freddie
well, imo you _NEEED_ 30% res.

for example:

you are in an RvR group, you meet an enemy group, they kill your sorc without him getting a mezz off, both clerics have pets on them or so.. paladin is roleplaying with some of the enemies, so you are the only resser left to res the sorc, now with the normal 10% res you res the sorc and he can't do shit after the res.. no power, nearly no health etc. with a 30% res the sorc could do a mezz or cast shields to prevent him being oneshot 5 sec after the res.

this situation happends soooooo often, SO SPEC MORE THEN 15 REJUV TO GET SECOND RES xD.

if you don't you will never get a RvR group, or at least shouldn't get a group..

Phusion

Fledgling Freddie
and btw

givf more questions about friars :p

i am bored here being retired from daoc.. so ask whatever you want, i'll answer it xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom