At last!

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Hey I found something good about level 50 rvr at last!

Tired and should be in bed but hell nah I want to do something. Wot to do? I know log on with my level 50 sb and take a look around and try and hit something. Ok that sounds a good idea even though I should be in bed. Well let me tell you attempting to play as an unbuffed sb with no toa etc is a sure way to send you off to bed el pronto. So there you go if you shouldn't really be playing a game and should be in bed reading a good book (Narzis and Goldmund - great book) then do like I do. Guaranteed to head for slumber land in record time. Knew level 50 rvr had a good side and I finally found it!

Corran

Part of the furniture
Morchaoron said:

he is saying "I suck at lvl 50 rvr so i just pretend i dont care and like it to put me asleep" :D

And i tried a lvl 30 solo inf in rvr and tbh i didnt do badly. kinda funny running about getting pa's in on casters and either dying or others coming and taking them down :p

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
Thugs desperate for some attention again. How original.

Evul

Fledgling Freddie
im glad Doac put you to bed, so fuck off and go there "el pronto" twat

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Say after me: "My name is Thugs and I am an alcoholic."

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Whining

Wonder how long before my ip is blocked by Freddys for whining so much :) ?

Yah gotta admit though this game is foooked big time now. All hatred for me aside consider this. I only play now when I get tired from doing other things and want to mess about in some game for a short while. But I could be anyone that hasn't got access to a buffbot or TOA. Not all have!

Log onto level 50 RVR with my sb. See an inf at some bridge or other and hit it out of stealth as it attacks someone else. Gorryk I think it was. Debuff takes and poison starts. At least that is something. My damage though unbuffed at 170 str with a 3.9 100% axe on mainhand is (I think it was) about 30 using pillager. Then my plunderer follow up hits for below 100 using a 4.2 speed 100% qual 2 handed axe. Both of these damages are reduced to practically zero by the af melee buffer he has on him. After that I couldn't connect with my 2 handed at all cos he evaded each and every time. In the meantime he kills this other guy and turns around and whacks me for 350-400 mainhand and 150-200 offhand.

Now consider that I ain't Thugs but some guy that wants to play now and then and ain't got TOA and is never likely to get it. How then could such a guy play this game? You can't. Not without access to buffs at least. You can't even kill monsters for dosh without some form of healing from someone. Pots are rubbish.

Sorry, but I can see the numbers of players leaving this game now and I can also see the total lack of interest being shown innit on Freddys. The game is ruined for sure now.

Roamed around to see where the enjoyment is and there doesn't seem to be any? There are groups with speed running around killing stealthers in a second when they find them. Stealthers killing mages in record time. Fights between stealthers are so brutal as to be just horrible. Where is the enjoyment?

Muh

Fledgling Freddie
Im gonna give you a little tips Thugs, even tho I might summon the wrath of all of alb/mid xp'ers on me now. The tips is "Passage of Conflict".
Mythic basically killed my dual-logging abilities with NF, so anywhere near primetime, im not able to run my buffbot, and face it, rvr without it, it's pointless. So whenever im not able to have a friend run the buffbot, I go to PoC mid/hib side, and pick on unexpecting xp'ers. It's a bit of a challenge since they're most likely buffed, and you're not tho.. But you have the option of taking out their bb first, vanish, then rest up and come finish the job etc.
Granted it's a bit easier for me that got mezz poison, but still, im sure you can find _some_ fun there..

Gorryk

Fledgling Freddie
Well I wish I had taken logs so I could say some of that damage you said was over the top exaggeration. I connected offhand maybe 3 or 4 times. No hit was over 400, and every 300+ hit was a healthy crit. (I remember the last 3 hits being high crits). Most base hits were areound 220 which is pretty pathetic vs an unbuffed opponent tbh. On top of that, I have 29% slash resist base + 10%BoS bonus, and SoM finally after about 8 months of on and off farming activated and levelled to 10 that day so I dudn't take that much damage. The thing is, the damge I did to you is what I expect to receive from a fully TOA'd fully buffed sb these days.

My cleric is full rejuv spec so the buffs, whilst certainly handy, don't compare to a fully twinked 25% bonus bb. I have no melee/style damage bonus due to low level artis so I'm in your position most of the time. I remember the time I did 3000 damage to Szakal with full perf chain and an end bar of styles, and he finished on full hp because he has a group stealthed Divine intervention bot parked at the bridge. If you want to be top these days you don't just need a bb. You need bb, Bodyguard bot, DI bot, Ablative bot, Haste bot (in otherwords, be your own fg). If you can't offord to do this or don't have the time, you either play accepting there are some people with less of a life than you that will have an edge vs you, or quit.

To show how bad it's getting, you were the 2nd unbuffed stealther I have fought since NF came in. I regularly ran unbuffed in OF and found unbuffed oponents.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Thugs said:
Log onto level 50 RVR with my sb. See an inf at some bridge or other and hit it out of stealth as it attacks someone else. Gorryk I think it was. Debuff takes and poison starts. At least that is something. My damage though unbuffed at 170 str with a 3.9 100% axe on mainhand is (I think it was) about 30 using pillager. Then my plunderer follow up hits for below 100 using a 4.2 speed 100% qual 2 handed axe. Both of these damages are reduced to practically zero by the af melee buffer he has on him. After that I couldn't connect with my 2 handed at all cos he evaded each and every time. In the meantime he kills this other guy and turns around and whacks me for 350-400 mainhand and 150-200 offhand.

rofl, u expect to go out into rvr unbuffed, with a pre-toa template which sounds like even pre-SI and kill everything, and using 2h vs a inf and pillager/plunderer of all styles?? lolz go back to thid

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Thugs said:
Wonder how long before my ip is blocked by Freddys for whining so much :) ?

Yah gotta admit though this game is foooked big time now. All hatred for me aside consider this. I only play now when I get tired from doing other things and want to mess about in some game for a short while. But I could be anyone that hasn't got access to a buffbot or TOA. Not all have!

Now consider that I ain't Thugs but some guy that wants to play now and then and ain't got TOA and is never likely to get it. How then could such a guy play this game? You can't. Not without access to buffs at least. You can't even kill monsters for dosh without some form of healing from someone. Pots are rubbish.

Sorry, but I can see the numbers of players leaving this game now and I can also see the total lack of interest being shown innit on Freddys. The game is ruined for sure now.

Roamed around to see where the enjoyment is and there doesn't seem to be any? There are groups with speed running around killing stealthers in a second when they find them. Stealthers killing mages in record time. Fights between stealthers are so brutal as to be just horrible. Where is the enjoyment?
Don't think you whine all that mutch, your just one of the bigger retards hopping about in the game/forum. But we all need someone to look down on, ta for that :(

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Full group?

Nice reply Gorryk and it about sums up the game now. Tis all about money and time. Money cos you are going to need more than one account. Infact where does that stop? As you mention you could end up with 3-4 accounts with the buffers providing all sorts of crap! In the meantime you have had to upgrade your computer or buy another base unit etc. But the real nasty part about all this is that the basic skills that will show you apart from another die a death. You are not really showing any a lot of the time because your buffs and artifacts are doing the killing.

You all should have been in my position when I was taking tons and tons of abuse for having buffs. Everyone said it was them doing the killing in Thid and not me as such. I proved them wrong by dropping the buffs. But you lot? Consider after you have spent all this money and are running multiple accounts you eventually become 'uber' - just like Rambo. Do you know wot your reward is going to be? Abuse over your artifacts and buffs. What the hell are you going to do then to prove them wrong that you are infact a good player and tis not them doing the killing? There is no reward for you lot bar for abuse. Money and an immense amount of time wasted. Not good.

I have had my reward and I consider myself lucky cos I got it before Mythic screw the game up at all levels.

Wow for me next I think if anywhere. DAOC? Damn shame really!

tolshock

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Man I seriously want to meet Thurgs in RvR..Free RP's :)

I saw one of thugs's SBs in odin's once. Mkj I think it was.... He added in our fight and tried to kill a hib caster. thugs died before the random hib caster died I think..... Shame really...

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Whoever the person is who's responsible for Thugs, please see to it so he takes his pills every day.

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
TBH this whole thing is Stupid,

No one likes Thugs....... As evryone seems to say... If you dislike him that much dont read his threads... or evan better put him on ignore

As for Thugs get a grip man all you are doing in my eyes is attention seeking and i know a much easyer way to get that attention you think you deserv

GET SOME TOA' ITEMS AND PROVE TO THEM THAT YOU CAN COMPETE IN RVR ASWELL

AND WHO KNOWS YOU MIGHT EVAN GET A HIGH RR, IF YOU DO I WILL RESPECT YOU....MIGHT BE THE ONLY PERSON THAT DOES BUT IT IS A START

No idea why i went into caps at the end :D

Mikal

Fledgling Freddie
Thugs said:
Tis all about money and time. Money cos you are going to need more than one account. Infact where does that stop? As you mention you could end up with 3-4 accounts with the buffers providing all sorts of crap! In the meantime you have had to upgrade your computer or buy another base unit etc. But the real nasty part about all this is that the basic skills that will show you apart from another die a death.

Old news. I think we can all agree the world would be better if noone at all used buffbots, however that's an impossible dream, the instant just one guy has a buffbot, he'll beat everyone else, and people want a fair chance, so they get buffbots aswell, sucky, yeah maybe, but I'm glad I got my bot, even if I couldn't use him in rvr (which I willing would stop doing if I knew everyone else would aswell), I wouldn't delete it, using him for loads and loads of other stuff. And when every have buffs and maxed equipment, it comes down to skills again.

And 3-4 accounts just for bots, try to exagerate a bit more will you. why would you ever need more than one for bots ? just have both healer and shaman bot on the same account, you can be 100% sure there's always someone willing to trade shaman double buffs for haste buff. Although it might be different seeing as it's you. I can agree that having a second comp to stay competetive in rvr is a bit annoying. But some of us are willing to pay the extra exspenses, why? because we enjoy the game, we like the people in it and is it any different from spending money on collecting stamps or renovating antique cars?

And how could you possible expect that you could avoid upgrading your comp, do you think you can play halflife 2 on the same comp that was sufficient for diablo 1? or do you expect that comp to be able to run all the games in the future?

Besides people have complained and discussed buffbots, the need for second comps and accounts for months at the time before. and as long mythic doesn't do anything about it, there's nothing you or any of us can do about it. So instead of whining here, send a feedback form to mythic so they'll actually see it. and instead of being a fool and whining about being bored of the game, here, on a forum dedicated to people that PLAYS the game, just quit it. If you are truely sick of it, resting on it wont do anything for you, and it certainly does nothing for us.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
It comes down to this:
Old Thid = stealthers paradise
NF = group oriented combat. Not necessarily 8v8 but numbers vs numbers at least.
You can't expect to play the same way at 50 in NF as you did at 24 in old Thid, even without the massive differences in class balance and ability over the intervening 26 levels, NF makes it harder for truly solo characters (unless you're an archer). Even if you're an ungrouped character attached to a BG, scouting or ambushing for a larger force, you need to rely on other people a lot more than you did in NF. IMHO that's a big improvement, your mileage may vary.

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Other people?

Rely on other people? You mean like talk to people in the game? Blimey not sure I can stretch to doing that? They all mental!

Hey if you want to see wot I been wasting my life and time on for bloody months you can take a look now. Getting close to opening one side of it but hell I gotta shite load to do with the other half then.

Only use explorer cos there is a sniffer in operation and Firefox and Opera are being blocked for now.

Shoot the birdies and getta prize in 'Bag a Bargain'. More fun than playing this game if you ask me :D

Sites-4u.com

PS: Might have me buffbot account back soon. Gotta level 47 one on it and a level 24 one too come to think of it. Game still sux though anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom