At last - somewhere for TFC fans

A

asandir

Thanx for the messageboard BW
smile.gif

Lets hope enough people use it to make it worthwhile!

P

Private Ryan

Erm, it stands for Team Fortress Classic

--
TFC MP Name - Private Ryan
Half-Life MP Name - Prince Of Darkness
ICQ @ 34740499
--

G

[GA] KillmachinE

Ahh, thats put my mind at rest
smile.gif
I thought Team Fortress somthing! Couldn't work out what the C stood for!

------------------
[GA] KillmachinE
extreme@barrysworld.com

S

Sres

A mighty fine forum this one
smile.gif

Did DBs get around to deciding on extra maps for the BW servers?

Run!

hehe

Sres

L

[LSoG]YeLLoW

What he should do is:

a) Work out what's wrong with the TFC servers (I get a really unplayably choppy game at BW - I'm on a JANet connection, so this shouldn't happen)
b) Decide what maps he's going to put on
c) Put them all in a pak file and put it up on BW's ftp.

I'm perfectly willing to pick some maps and do the .pak file if he's short of time (e-mail me if you want me to do it DBs, you have about a week and a half before I'm off-line forever
frown.gif
)

Oh yeah, I found a server doing custom maps. German I think, but the ip's 193.25.19.66:27015. I ping about 100 to it (I get 60 to BW TFC servers)

------------------
LSoG]YeLLoW
------------------

Lava Seals: HOO-YAH!
www.lavaseals.freeserve.co.uk

A

asandir

Run gets even more tedious than Hunted when you play it for a while.
All those pesky little scouts running around while everyone else
panics and starts firing all over the place

Well I do anyway :0

Anyway, Run ain't getting my vote

T

[TR]Pakman

Re - Run. (lol)

It's a bit strange..
It seems more like a DM map than TFC and since there are no bases it is really easy to respawn-camp ,senario:

One teams gains the upper hand and plants a good sniper at each respawn or worse still a sentry gun. I don't see why this shouldn't work (although I haven't counted the respawns yet).

I can't make up my mind about this map - haven't played it much yet but it's a good idea - I'm just not sure....

------------------
"Be vevy, vevy quiet. I'm hunting wabbits"

Elmer Fudd

[This message has been edited by [TR]Pakman (edited 02 June 1999).]

D

DBs

Yep, they sure are thanks to a fucking wanky bug that took me 2 hours to solve. Way to go Valve.

As for maps, I still have not been furnished with map names and where I can get them :p

DBs

D

devin

Ok my map suggestions ...
first of all get rid of all the old maps apart from Well
smile.gif

the place to get maps is
www.planetfortress.com/radium/

I suggest Run, Darkness, No Mans Land, Tig_hunted, Invectus, Fortsaken, 2 More Fortresses, Confrontations.

PLEASE DO NOT PUT HOOD ON!!!

I would suggest having the Darkness and No mans land on 2 different servers as No mans land is shit with more than 12 players, where as Darkness need 16+

How about a Topic on the message board devoted to voting maps in and out?

P

pakman.

Er... how about TFCBorder2a - it's really silly but a short game (15mins a most) Would be fun.

A

asandir

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>PLEASE DO NOT PUT HOOD ON!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Right on. Hood is complete shite
smile.gif

D

devin

Haha ok, moderators/operators/ladies/gentlemen, you have the info lets see the new maps
smile.gif

D

DBs

Yup,

only on TFC Server 2 tho I hope
smile.gif

Have fun and let me know if it needs tweaking.

DBs

D

des-astor

ok, what this 'can't find valve/avarice.wad' message I get trying to run the new maps

S

[SLH]Pakman

The avarice wad is needed to run fortsaken - you have to download the map as a zip and place it in the correct directories - the same applies for Darkness - you can get the zip (about 1 third the size of unzipped) from http://www.planethalflife.com/radium /

D

des-astor

the fortsake.bsp automatically ended up in tfc/maps. Is the wad something else i need from radium?

T

tezza

Right on the new maps rock!!! any chance of putting them all in one place so everyone else can download thenm before connecting ??
Just a throught!!!

------------------
Looking for a good game always.
tezza@barrysworld.co.uk
ICQ@40783903

A

asandir

One question - have they scrapped the old maps now on bw2 or do you still come accross lame maps like 2fort amongst all new ones?

I don't mind if they keep Well but all the other maps just make me want to log off an' try another server
smile.gif
possible exception of cz2 on a good day
smile.gif

------------------
asandir@barrysworld.co.uk

S

[SLH]Pakman

Argh no
frown.gif
Cz2 has to be the most boring map out there...

------------------

F

Fatbloke

I think all the old maps are still on the 'new map' server. But I'm not sure. Played 2FORT and Well last night on there.

I agree that the maps I've played so far rock. I kept getting lost on the map with the donught bridge!
frown.gif

Since we had to download the maps from all over, I'm still not 100% sure I've got all of them yet! Can anyone post a full list of what's running on there now?

Cheers!

------------------
Fatbloke

www.bigfoot.com/~steve.conrad

D

devin

Thanks BW ops! The new maps are great...
I think theres a general agreement that all the old maps apart from Well should be pulled.
I was on the server the other day when the "Hunted" came on, within one minute everyone had left!

I think Darkness would be a good addition, any of the maps on Radium's top ten APART FROM TF_HOOD
smile.gif
would be good!
http://www.planetfortress.com/radium/topten.shtml

I

Imprezzed

Blimey mate, drop it already, TF_hood isn't that bad. Have you tried that DP one - now thats bad
wink.gif

D

devin

LOL You cheeky monkey!

I could make a CTF in a 1x1 room with no lights and it'd still be better than TF_HOOD!

Hey you didnt make TF_Hood did you?
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom