Assault oddities

C

.cage

Anyone else seen the gate on assault not opening, but instead moving forwards toward the barbed wire? I've got a screenshot /somewhere/ , happened amid a clan match the other day, was quite amusing :)

B

bigbb

Wierd, not seen it myself. Post the piccy up when you find it.

C

.cage

weirdgate.jpg

F

Furr

Wish i could play the loverly game, GOD DAMN YOU WINDOWS XP

W

WFJuNkY

i have shit like this happen quite often actually, like the gate just dissapearing, or just blinking, weird shit
was able to shoot straight thru it the other day =/
must be XP =/

C

.cage

but junky, you were there at the time mate.
you're running about like a moose on the pic :)

O

old.Anatoly

There seem to be a few random graphical glitches in RTCW :/

The sea wall on beach sometimes looks closed even though its been blown and you can walk through.

The gate on base sometimes appears closed even though its open and you can walk through it.

and no doubt some others as well. I think the way to fix them is to do vid_restart like you would for invisible players, but thats just a pain:rolleyes:

Another problem I just remembered, sometimes the team mate id thing doesnt work which is a right pain as i use this to indentify targets at long range., and vid_restart doesnt seem to help :mad:

K

*Kornholio*

I've had the one on beach where the wall looked like it was still there, never seen the gate moving the wrong way though - must have been fun :)

S

Sledge

Was on a few nights ago when someone pointed out the gate had opened on the right instead of left, was very weird but only seen it the once. Closing and reopening fixed it :)

S

sabrex

yea it seen by all players when it does happen - its weird especialy when the preverbial "CLOSE THE FECKEN GATE" messages are comeing up.
LOL when it aint there at all.

Vid_restart ? nah i dont think so.

K

*Kornholio*

I was attacked by the gate last night... first time i've seen that...

O

old.Lt Thilias

2 solutions for this
#1 /vid_restart take stoo long and you lose you place on the team
#2 start a demo the Script can be found here @ Rtcw.co.uk forum

just starting and stopping the demo is enouf to sync the clients and all is back to normal
even fixs invis players

Users who are viewing this thread