Assassin's Corner

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
DISCUSSION FOR ALL ASSASSINS FROM ALL REALMS!
please keep the whining moderate and the discussion as serious as possible :)

how do the assassins from the three realms really fare?
how many classes are now off-limits after "love patches" when assassins has not evolved much since release?
do we have a real purpose, or are we supposed to be "free spirits" with no apparent task except sneaking around dodging zergs, while fishing in the desert for the odd soloer?

basically i just wonder what we feel is good and whats bad about the state the classes and their tasks.

ps. if you consider that buffbots wherent intended from the start of the of
game, how was really an unbuffed assassin supposed to go in and kill any buffed member of any group?
or for that matter how where they supposed to kill a ranger ^^

Chronictank

FH is my second home
how was really an unbuffed assassin supposed to go in and kill any buffed member of any group?
Youre not
how where they supposed to kill a ranger ^^
You can see a stealthed ranger further than they could see you originally, this was semi-countered with archer types being given access to camo.
A stealther can stun off a pa and drop a target in under 5 seconds thats how :)

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
You can see a stealthed ranger further than they could see you originally, this was semi-countered with archer types being given access to camo.
A stealther can stun off a pa and drop a target in under 5 seconds thats how :)

unbuffed assassin vs. self buffed ranger? hmmm i used to be unbuffed until just before ToA so i know what im talking about, the ranger kick your arse with one hand in the pocket ^^ :p

Ceryseth

Fledgling Freddie
Why do assasins need to evolve more?I find them decent classes as they are now, any love u give to them will just make them stronger then the other classes out there imo.

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
becos there has come many anti stealther tools (stealth nodes, stealth lore, brittle guards and bodyguard etc.)
wich makes too many classes "untouchable" for assassins unless we travel in packs of 3-8 or more.
imho CS styles should ignore bodyguard, all CS styles and not just PA.
CS styles should also ignore brittle guards and we should have the possibility to evade bolts imo.
besides, in my opinion AE crowd control/damage spells should not affect stealthed targets, but GTAE should.
this would give Assassins a grp utility and making us able to hunt solo vs. zergs aswell.

Stru

Fledgling Freddie
Sure. why not just use assassins in grp's then? :D
Assassin's are not intented to grp. thats why its a loner :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
unbuffed assassin vs. self buffed ranger? hmmm i used to be unbuffed until just before ToA so i know what im talking about, the ranger kick your arse with one hand in the pocket ^^
Then you need to respec as that isnt suiting youre playstyle, pre-toa a crit blade will rip through a ranger who uses Self buffs only
Now toa is here there is no way you will lose if there are no adds, have a spare weapon in youre inventory with mez poison on it.
Pa->creeping death
target stunned
Use rear styles to take off all u can in say 2 swings
Equip mez weapon and use, repeat if resists.
Target should be v low health finish off.

This ofc is based on everything going well, we all know it doesnt so you have to adjust for the situation.
Zephyr is not particularly useful against a melee stealther as you can simply strafe out the way.

All this qq over a class who is perfectly fine

Melee Stealthers were never intended for grp, want grp with melee? role a proper tank

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
Then you need to respec as that isnt suiting youre playstyle, pre-toa a crit blade will rip through a ranger who uses Self buffs only
Now toa is here there is no way you will lose if there are no adds, have a spare weapon in youre inventory with mez poison on it.
Pa->creeping death
target stunned

This ofc is based on everything going well, we all know it doesnt so you have to adjust for the situation.
Zephyr is not particularly useful against a melee stealther as you can simply strafe out the way.

Melee Stealthers were never intended for grp, want grp with melee? role a proper tank

amagad, a 2h critter wont get in more than 1 hit tops within the CD stun if unbuffed ^^
besides, the delaytime from PA to CD is so huge with 2h when unbuffed that for example scouts get 2 slam attempts before the CD fire off etc.

reason i asked wasnt becos i have a real problem with it, personally i never go unbuffed and im also using haste 90% of the time so no archers are a problem in normal situations.
and im not using 2h 99% of the time either.

reason i asked is becos mythic balance their classes based on how they do unbuffed, at least that what they say.
if that is the case they should also bear in mind that any grouped non stealther is buffed, and we know that a unbuffed assassin has trouble even with a buffed caster.
i believe that assassins are a class mythic regret ever making, and thats why we have no real assignement in the scenario overall, no real targets and those get fewer and fewer thanks to brittle guards and bodyguard.

that's why im of the opinion that CS styles should ignore brittle guards and bodyguard.
that would not only make battlemaster stealthzergs less predictable and also giving assassins a group utility for those who want that.

ps. it doesent say anything anywhere in any official statements from mythic that assassins are supposed to solo.
infact if buffbots never was intended and assassins where up against buffed targets in groups there would not be 1 single solo assassin anywhere, it's hard enough with buffs.

Ceryseth

Fledgling Freddie
So basicly u want to b able to solo kill with no buffs, with no problem any class that is fully buffed and with full MLs...riiiiiight.....

Chronictank

FH is my second home
read again
Both classes with only self buffs
scout will be ooe in 2 slams and has 0 self buffs
TOA means you swing ALOT faster even unbuffed

vs buffed grp members, guy b4 sums it up quite nicely

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
reason i asked is becos mythic balance their classes based on how they do unbuffed, at least that what they say.

No, they don't.

Nichii

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
CS styles should also ignore brittle guards

U know that as a NS, your PA will just kill the one brittle, and Cd will acsually hit the caster and kill other brittle? :D

So that leave's caster at ~80% hp's and stunned :wij:

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
Pa->creeping death
target stunned

ROFL, your so fucking clueless, i bet you dont even have a lvl 50 sb so just shut it before you make your self look even more dumb.
If you aint a retard, dont act like one

Ceryseth

Fledgling Freddie
fotm said:
ROFL, your so fucking clueless, i bet you dont even have a lvl 50 sb so just shut it before you make your self look even more dumb.
If you aint a retard, dont act like one
A very good example of a non retard response....

Stru

Fledgling Freddie
Not all casters have brittle guards, atleast not when im out hunting with me hunter :)... its pretty easy to take out a target... im buffed ofc

But they should start focusing on what a char can do buffed, since everyone is always buffed nowadays.

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
i allways buffed so i know it's possible to kill etc.
BUT what annoy me is that if mythic now balance classes based on buffed performance then they should change the minimum system specs imo.

--------------------------------------
minimum
2.5GH 1024ram 64mb GFX card
+2 daoc accounts

recommended
and another
+2 daoc accounts
--------------------------------------

what my question wasnt based on daoc today anyway, it was directed to how they ORIGINALLY thought that assassins would do when buffbots where something we had not heard about and only groups had access to buffs and self buffed soloers (Ranger, Hunter, Thane, Champion, Friar etc.)
when we roamed emain at lvl15+ and was clueless of times to come etc.
let's assume that two of these clueless ppl met, one ranger and one SB (back then _EVERY_ SB was crit blade with a huge axe or sword)
a lvl50 self buffed Ranger and a unbuffed lvl50 Shadowblade, 90% of the time a Ranger would win wether it got arrow head start or pure melee.
and btw, first "quest" or one of the first tell you that this is a group game where you are dependant on your realm mates bla bla, so don't tell me that assassins where meant for pure soloing, they are one of few classes suitable for it yes, but not intended as allways going solo.
if they where they would probably have self buffs i would think.
besides, if they don't balance classes based on unbuffed performance, why the hell do they keep self buff lines?
or remove the self buffs from the self buff specs and implement something the class would actually benefit from?
so imo, either way you twist this wether they balance based on buffed or unbuffed performance self buff classes have 1 spec line where they get many useless stuff cos self buffs cant compete with the realm's main buffer buffs.

Kaod

Fledgling Freddie
Stru said:
Sure. why not just use assassins in grp's then? :D
Assassin's are not intented to grp. thats why its a loner :)

IIRC, Mythic used to talk about stealthers using a Venus FlyTrap method - as a group. (Mixed group of Melee and Bow users)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom