ASP thumbnail viewer

Nos

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone know of any particulary good ones? What I'm looking for exactly is a script which can produce a grid of thumbnails on-the-fly from the original source jpg images.

Not had any joy finding a decent (free) one as of yet, any takers?

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
I know of a couple, but are you running Chillisoft! ASP or ASP under IIS?

Xav

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
There are quite a few pretty decent bits of photo gallery software, but all the ones I know of are written in PHP - is this not an option?

Nos

Fledgling Freddie
Needs to be ASP, and btw I need one that actually produces an on-the-fly 2k thumbnail image from a 200k jpg (for example), as the ones I've tried so far just take the 200k jpg and make it 50x50 size : :eek7:

Nos

Fledgling Freddie
Hundreds, and I will produce hundreds more, which is why I want something that will automatically (and dynamically) produce thumbnails from the originals.

Nos

Fledgling Freddie
It's beyond me, I'm not skilled enough to make a script which can re-size and re-encode a jpg :/

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
I would hope that there is a library hanging around somewhere which will handle all the nasty details for you - there certainly is with PHP. I don't really know what the situation is with ASP and free libraries though...

phlash

Fledgling Freddie
ImageMagick (http://www.imagemagick.org/) will certainly create thumbnails, you just need to hook it into the ASP by scripting a routine to detect which thumbnails are missing, then invoke IM to create 'em before sending back the HTML that references them.

Even if that cannot be done, it's simple to run it over a newly loaded group of images as part of a site deployment script..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom