Asian Import DVDs

Lynchet

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone have any experience with Asian import DVDs. Ive just bought some Star Trek DS9 ones off ebay (yes I know sad man etc) and they seem likely to be shrunk copies to me. The print quality isnt good, the picture quality is mainly ok but with glitches and the DVDs themselves are single sided where other Star Trek DVDs that I own that are region 2 are double sided.

The seller, however, claims that they are legit and that Asian releases can be different -- he is also offering a full refund should I wish it or partial refund and I keep the DVDs so it doesn't seem like a fly by night got your money and bugger off person.

So after all that waffle I guess the question is - can Asian DVDs be different and lower quality than their Euro counterparts ?

Vae

Resident Freddy
Sounds like they are copies tbh and that you are being fed a load of bollocks. While asian releases might be different they will be very unlikely to be lower in quality as you are describing. Having said that if they are copies then I'm not sure why the picture quality would be lower like you describe if they are a copy from a DVD unless they are a copy from a Video or there's some kind of weird copy protection or something...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Legit DVDs in Asia are in the minority. I suggest you contact whoever produces teh DVDs (warner etc), and ask them what validating information will be on the cover of a legit copy.

Lynchet

Fledgling Freddie
Tx for advice

Vae they are lower quality as I believe they have been shrunk to fit on a single sided DVD instead of the legit 2 sided.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Lynchet said:
Tx for advice

Vae they are lower quality as I believe they have been shrunk to fit on a single sided DVD instead of the legit 2 sided.

Definiotely sounds dodgy then - Probably because single sided DVDs are easy to burn whereas I think double sided require more sophisticated burners which I'm not sure are commercially available.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Ono!!!

Ono!!!

We need help here stat!

Now is the time for your triumphant return!

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Lo cask, me ole cock sparra!

Apparently it's the price of oil that is 'up' the most at present.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
If you want to buy legit Asian DVD's get them here:

http://global.yesasia.com/en/index.aspx

And no the quality is no different to what you would normally expect from Region 2 DVD's.

Ono buys a lot of Asian DVD's...from the above site...and he would never buy low quality junk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom