Asheron's Call 2 BETA

O

old.Xarr

Wow, I'm quite the thread starter tonight! (/em starts humming on a prodigy song). Umm anyways!

Anyone here checking out the public beta thingy? They closed the openings for new testers the 30/9 so I didn't get an account =/. I've checked the preview out on GameSpy and I gotta admit it looks pretty swankhey~

Here it is if anyone wants to check it out.

/spam off

R

Ragnarok1978

Joined it thru the FilePlanet member offer for download and account (Not the recent one, but the first one).

Must admit I wasn't pleasently surprised by the game. The graphics are awesome no doubt about that (If you get the high res patch and have a big PC). The 3 races are very well done, but still, there's only 3 races.

Magic isn't all that amazing, Archers are still pretty much uber and melee still remains the weakest road to chose.

You're still doing a ton of running, and despite beautifull surroundings that does get boring after a while. Most people I've met in the game still prefers to solo much like in AC1.

Quests are better done than in AC1, and if I know Turbine as well as I think I do, I believe AC2 players will be in for a treat of lore and monthly based events, once the game hits the streets.

Only other thing that I can say which is really good other than what I said above, might be that they're planning to make international servers and not just US based.

However, I'd rather hold my breath for EQ2 than AC2. EQ2 has more potential, imo, and will most likely also featuer international servers (Since they're planning niternational servers for EQ1).

It may just be that AC2 doesn't really appeal to me, but generally I don't think you see that many "watch out for this amazing sequal!" articles on the web for AC2.

S

SFXman

Hmm, never tried AC1 or even this beta of AC2. Never even tried Everquest... just have played loads and loads of Ultima Online.
Hmm, subscriber to FilePlanet? Jeepers, as a non-member that site is the devil :)
They steal all downloads and the system is plain annoying, it might be good as a member though so :)

R

Ragnarok1978

FilePlanet rules as a member.

Running my standard 1024/512 ADSL I DL with 106 KB/s, EVERY TIME.

If I boost it to 2058/512 I DL with approx 208 KB/s :)

S

SFXman

Non-file-planet member I get 60kb/s every time with my 512/128 cablemodem. It's good speed... problem is that the system sucks utter cock as a non-member :(
I used to think FilePlanet was awesome but I couldn't be arsed to start paying for it now.

O

old.Xarr

i get around 300kbytes/sec from fileplanet on a 100mbit uni line. not complaining :)

oh and if anyone isn't using their AC2 beta account feel free to PM pass/login to moi :D

R

Ragnarok1978

I'll trade a AC2 beta acc. for a EU DAoC one :D

S

SFXman

Xarr, kr0n gets 250-300kb/s on his cable modem at home from just about anywhere. I doubt he is complaining :)

C

cHodAX

I was given an AC2 beta account, was very disappointed with the combat and controls. Saying that it is beta so things may change.

O

old.Xarr

Hey they have re-opened the public beta at fileplanet! Run and fetch yer beta account this instance ;)

F

fl3a

how the feck do i get that account? I WANT IT!!

nm found out how now. can anyone mirror it?

O

old.Xarr

i can mirror it if i can get the damm thing down. the uni line is having a heart attack =/

O

old.Xarr

it's not gonna happen tonight i'm afraid. someone did something they shouldn't have and blew a switch somewhere so we're running isdn thingy right now. getting 6kB/sec weeeeeee ~;(

O

old.Pepsay

bah, only subscribe member can download it and it cost to be a subscribed member :(

O

old.Xarr

nono, just use the normal subscribe thingy. only thing you gotta do is provide an email where they can give you your pass. the beta was only to paying subscribers before but it's for everyone now :)

O

old.Pepsay

Could you like link me or show me a big fat picture on how the thing works? don't understand fileplanet >_<

O

old.Xarr

just click on the download link and then you should get a screen that says 'You'll need to log in to FilePlanet before downloading this file.'.

then you just need to make a gamespy ID. there's a link just down on the page you can click and then you just follow the instructions!

easy as pie! ~;D

F

fl3a

waiting in the line ... again

my fuckin connection dropped yesterday (omgomgomg my luck) when i was 7min away from getting to downloading

O

old.Pepsay

argh, the lil window that comes up when ya click on 'download' wont load >_<

F

fl3a

i sure hope i wont have that problem.

currently saying 15min, so thats 40min :p

F

fl3a

OMFG!

great ... dont u just looove win xp :(

i get to dl it, have 30MB dl-ed and suddenly boom! must close windows explorer, no download left ... gg!

A

arianwyn

Played a little of AC2 beta.. races look horrid if original. Yea the world looks pretty but nothing really new gameplay wise. I'm sticking with daoc :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom