As LONG as there's a WILL there's a HOPE - It IS possible - YES, to move chars to US.

Olvoair

Fledgling Freddie
We have bought the licenses, paid good money on our accounts(in some cases, for 5 years straight). Why should we have to pay if the services is bollocks? ;)

Erm the option to not pay is always there.

This is not about that, its about getting ur loved toons to a server with more than 1 pug & 8 solo hunters active at same time. If that costs some I would be willing to move my 3 accs to basically anywhere (incl. a German server tbh).

Olvoair

Fledgling Freddie
I hope it is possible, but I fear that the pricing is unrealistic. Just look at the amount of time it took them to restore those characters on Prydwen that were corrupted. No idea how many it was exactly, but let's assume at most 600 (which seems realistic imo). It took them nigh on 10 months to get everything sorted.

That equals 3 character/workday. I don't know about you, but I don't think the GOA will be interested in that job at that price. They'd have to hire external people to do the transfer, pay those, then reimburse GOA for the loss of the accounts and Mythic will have to say 'okay'. All in all I think it will be a lot more than 75 a character. Probably two-three times that to make it economically possible for GOA.

Still, who knows. Maybe something will happen - just don't hold your breath, or you will be blueer than a kobbie by the time you get a reply. :)

600 players in at same time doesnt mean its 600 paying customers or even less 600 characters. 600 players would prolly be closer to 6000 paying customers with 30 000 characters. How many of them was broken I do not know, but 3 per copied toons a day?? how many coffee breaks u need to achieve that!

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Constructive but negative, try it if you wish.

True like when on the warhammer alliance forums a thread started about GOA and the english cluster.

Mark Jacobs came on and said everything was fine, how little Mythic knows of how badly this cluster has been treated.

Play WAR on GOA servers at your peril, you already know how this story will end.

Eble

and Roaken had confirmed, nothing can be done with the English cluster, no more clustering for a fact and translation or whatever a non starter. it was confirmed in a previous post English cluster was assigned to the dustbin.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, the traditional more or less automatic db-copy is VERY hard for them to pull off. "Manual" is not hard at all, very very easily even, BUT time consuming.

But some more cash in their pocket (compare to none/alot less cash) might make them more open for a somewhat timeconsuming work.

AGAIN... Try to come with the suggestions, the criticism we'll deal with in a while. Very easy to complain and see the bad/negative/boring parts... Alot harder to come up with something useful..in this step (later on the criticism will be something we could use).

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Eithor said:
Also, to help copy/transfer, it could be limited items in the inventory etc.
Very easy to create say a rr11 thane, with these and those artis etc for mythic. When getting used to it, it might just take a couple of minutes per char.

Your right you could potentially reduce the number of things your allowed to take with you to a minimum.
In order to get it even close to a few minutes per character you'll need to stop people taking alot of stuff.

Your house.. well your going to lose that along with any items in it. For starters the new server your being relocated to might already have a house at your location. Your not suggesting they create another server, merge that in with an existing cluster right?

Any ROGS your wearing are going to have to go. Copying stats from them across is going to be a real pain..

Now after you've got it down to the bair minimum amount of stuff your allowed to copy, i'm going to ask one simple question. Why didn't you simply E-bay a character already over there. It's probably going to cost you less money, come with a full template, not the half a template you were allowed to actually keep, and you've lost much of the things that made your character "your character" already. In order to stop abuse you'd probably have to simply mark all quests as complete as well to stop you doing them a second time, so no chance to do any you've not done pre-move! Except maybe arti's which you would have no credit for so you wouldn't be able to wear any of the stuff you've got in your new inventory anyway. Saying ML10 is easy.. what about someone with 50 random steps complete?

It normally takes me a couple of minutes to enter a few rogs i've got in a vault into a spellcrafter program. That's the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what's stored about a character.

After doing all this they would then need some way of handling complaints because they mistyped 11 as 1 and you actually ended up with an RR1 thane instead. They would need to cross check this, spend time investigating all the potential mistakes. Be prepared to handle issues that arise due to all the new data suddently being created. Want to ask the Americans if shutting down their server for a few weeks while they add us is ok with them?

They could aim to get some subs back from people renewing for an extended period of time. I can guarantee you that at least 60% of customers using this service would stay for at most a month then decide that they actually couldn't be arsed starting again on a new server they didn't know anyone on and leave again.

Being positive about idea's to bring the server back to life is a good thing.
This is a complete none-starter so wasting time discussing it is doing no-one any good.

Good-will is great amongst the few people that would love them for the service. The press reporting that GOA had to hand it's clients over to mythic at the customers expense because they couldn't hack it (that's how it would get reported to people not actually in the know) is NOT what GOA are going to do months before an important WAR release now is it?

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic has a working system for copying characters from one server to an other and changing those characters to fit the new database which is different from the db where characters came from.
Using that as a base could be a way to transfer characters from GOA's servers to Mythic's servers.
In my opinion all GOA content should be left out and only characters with their inventory transfered. I think character, item etc. tables can't be that much different in GOA's version. Even if there are some differences it shouldn't be a problem to fix in either exporting or importing data.
One could make mule characters for the main chars if they have more stuff than they can carry in inventory etc.

I wish they find the good will and right price for something like that or some other way to really take care of the issue.

Alachbar

Fledgling Freddie
Im sure this suggestion has been posted on FH before, but if it hasn't:

Is there a need to "copy" the char?

Say for example that you have a Runemaster rr8L5, templated, ML10, CL10, on Dyvet.

Wouldn't it just be easier to create a runiechar on US (or german server for that matter), Mythic/Goa insta pop it to 50, boost your RR to 8L5, give you enough bountypoints to buy ML, arties, CL. Then hand over a reasonable amount of money to cover the items that you can't get from bps and the money you had on your char.

voila a new char, close to the one on Dyvet.

I know this may not be an ideal solution but its still a way to get a char on a more populated server, and the time put in the original char have not been for nothing. The whole db not compatible snicksnack, takes alot of time, bla bla, is no longer an issue.

Or am I just missing something?

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, thats what I had as a last thing to suggest. I've talked with roaken about it, and he agreed that it would possible, but that Goa couldn't and wouldn't due to logistic reasons...

Exactly thats what I suggested, a chars: lvl, rr, ml,cl,bountypoints,plats..then extra plats and bountypoints because of the loss of items and 1 or more houses.
I asked him to talk with Goa about it, but then i had to log, was late for a meeting, so don't know if he said he would talk with them about it.

A possibility would to ask this of Mythic instead, 1-3 chars of our choise, from our account(s). My rr11L++ Thane is my most fun char & class, ofc i won't start over at a server with a thane at rr1L0 when there'll be other high rr thanes at rr9,10,11 even maybe rr12. I want to continue to have fun with my beloved thane.

Not likely to get a go from Mythic... :/ Shouldn't hurt to ask though :]

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
But some more cash in their pocket (compare to none/alot less cash) might make them more open for a somewhat timeconsuming work.

I can think of around 8 people who would return if they got everything moved to US (Including myself) and gave us the old icons back at the same time.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I can think of around 8 people who would return if they got everything moved to US (Including myself) and gave us the old icons back at the same time.

There's a way to use the old icons. I've managed to do it with the RA ones, then I got bored :p

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Actually, thats what I had as a last thing to suggest. I've talked with roaken about it, and he agreed that it would possible, but that Goa couldn't and wouldn't due to logistic reasons...

Exactly thats what I suggested, a chars: lvl, rr, ml,cl,bountypoints,plats..then extra plats and bountypoints because of the loss of items and 1 or more houses.
I asked him to talk with Goa about it, but then i had to log, was late for a meeting, so don't know if he said he would talk with them about it.

A possibility would to ask this of Mythic instead, 1-3 chars of our choise, from our account(s). My rr11L++ Thane is my most fun char & class, ofc i won't start over at a server with a thane at rr1L0 when there'll be other high rr thanes at rr9,10,11 even maybe rr12. I want to continue to have fun with my beloved thane.

Not likely to get a go from Mythic... :/ Shouldn't hurt to ask though :]

Nah...fek all the rest. Just transfer my rr10L7,ml10,cl10 thane...naked... and i will be all right. Will easily get a v simple rogish template running and then farm my way (rvr and some pve with djinnis) to super templates within the month.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, "naked" except for RR, 300 plats and twice the amount of bountypoints one has earned to compensate for all the items, artis, quests, houses and ml's.

Click... click, click click... done! Uhu oh noes, it took 47 seconds, and we got a happy customer!

They (Goa) hurt... hm not hurt, killed our longtime investment in our chars, I'm all for that "goa-no-thanks.org" site, lets hurt their present/future War-investment, they don't care about us, why would we care about them? No... lets take their kneecaps with us on the way out ;)

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
There is a GoA-no-thanks site ??

HAHAHHAHAAH

And just last week i was thinking....
HOW CAN WE ADVERTISE TO EVERYONE ON THIS SIDE OF THE PLANET THAT GOA SUCKS AND THAT THEY SHOULDNT JOIN ANY ON-LINE GAMES THEY ARE MANAGING ???

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
That is a lot, considering what it is.

20 quid sounds more reasonable, with 1 free month on the US servers ;)

could just as well ask to get it for free then. IF GOA should even think about this they would want atleast something for their loss of subscriber income.
and 20 pounds would hardly even cover their work on making it possible.

after all, if u hate GOA that much then 50 pounds would be a cheap way of getting rid of them without having to reroll.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Only way I'd even consider doing this. I wouldn't pay for /char transferred, because the fact is I quit because no one played the servers I played on (Pryd/Caml) so they shouldn't(dare to) charge for per/char move.

no because they all want to work for free, its not like they have bills and stuff to pay like us subscribers do....
god forbid if they actually CHARGE for their work......

British

Fledgling Freddie
As posted in the RvR section and now deleted:

Ghislaine Le Rhun-Gautier has been Senior Vice President of Goa (France Telecom’s online Department) since January 1998.
Holder of a DESS of Law & Administration in Audiovisual Communication, she started within France Telecom Group in 1983, first at TDF and after that at France Telecom Multimedia Department.
Ghislaine Le Rhun-Gautier manages a team of 90 people with marketing, commercial, technical and editorial skills (different nationalities covering 5 languages).
GOA has developed unique European expertise, and covers all online games market segments, from casual to hardcore. Casual games offerings are distributed by GOA under the Orange brand. Orange.fr 's games channel has become the leading casual games destination - with a large variety of services (try before you buy, games on demand, parlour games ...). The Orange portal is available in France, UK, Spain and Holland.
GOA also publishes and operates MMOs and advanced casual games for all of Europe - handling publishing, marketing, hosting, billing, community management and customer support in 5 languages. GOA attained the n°1 position in Europe for several years with EA Mythic's "Dark Age of Camelot"; and will soon launch the highly anticipated "Warhammer Online".
GOA is also about to launch a portal (www.goa.com) dedicated to games featuring an item-selling model. The first games to be launched are Pangya, Gunbound and Extreme Soccer.

I reckon this "might" the person to get in touch of we are really serious about writing a formal complain.

CGA Europe: West 2007

Email address available from Website: a-ghislaine.rhun@casualconnect.org

My 2 coppers.

British

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
saving that on a text file in case it gets deleted here to...

British

Fledgling Freddie
If somebody is able to put together a good letter together, I'll Email it to this woman and I'll drop a copy to their HQ in Paris next week as I will be there for business.

All we can do is try..

British

DeathsBows

Fledgling Freddie
If you want to attract attention of both mythic and GOA then I'd suggest posting in some of the warhammer boards. Both companies post daily and probably don’t want to see this cluster paraded in front of potential new customers.

requiel has mod rights on that board and anything bad about doac or goa gets deleted mostly or the poster gets a % ban prob don`t want people seeing whats happening with his old work....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom