As a sort of Double Whammy.......

G

almost 2 weeks ago i stopped drinking and smoking, has anyone else done this as i am feeling slightly weirdo now, i really do want to stop, i tried last year but caved in after 3 weeks (family shit) but am determined to do it this time although its my bd on saturday

wish me luck

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Good Luck!!

:cheers:

ooops :D

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I quit smoking yonks ago Brooky, and it's one of the best things I ever did. Be aware, it literally takes years for the cravings to fully stop but trust me: a year on you won't care about smoking any more.

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
I gave up smoking in january. Was hard as feck for the first few weeks, especially friday nights out on the town. I usually ended up having one cigar at the end of the night if I *really* wanted one. I had 5 cigars total over the first 6 fridays, then I stopped even wanting them.

I go out now & smell second hand smoke, which is horrible. I dont want to smoke again, and I wont - I do get the odd urge, but it's less & less as time goes by.

One thing I would say is, it'll be a bastard giving up drink AND fags, if I were you I'd only dump the fags to start with - then you can have a beer to cheer yourself up :)

Good luck.

mank!

Part of the furniture
gay

Is it my imagination
Or have I finally found something worth living for?
I was looking for some action
But all I found was cigarettes and alcohol

You could wait for a lifetime
To spend your days in the sunshine
You might as well do the white line
Cos when it comes on top . . .

You gotta make it happen!

Is it worth the aggravation
To find yourself a job when there's nothing worth working for?
It's a crazy situation
But all I need are cigarettes and alcohol!

You could wait for a lifetime
To spend your days in the sunshine
You might as well do the white line
Cos when it comes on top . . .

You gotta make it happen!

TdC

Kari said:
I go out now & smell second hand smoke, which is horrible. I dont want to smoke again, and I wont - I do get the odd urge, but it's less & less as time goes by.

Good luck.

same here.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
One question, and answer as honestly and from the heart as you can...why? :eek7:

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Smoking - fair enough.
Drinking? :eek2: Bollocks to that

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

--Catherine Zandonella

think i will live by that from now on.

and

"A woman is an occasional pleasure but a cigar is always a smoke."

Groucho Marx.

G

WHY, you say,

i am overweight and always feel like warmed up shit in a morning really tired and out of breath all the time even going up stairs etc, i dont like smelling of stale cig smoke and im sick of spending 5 pounds a pack of 20, i drink lots of stella and jack daniels and have done for over 20 years, i dont like the human form i have taken and im spending far too much cash on cigs and alcohol, plus its fucking up my family situation. I dont want to cough iup a lung at 50 aand/or have live/kidney problem,s when i am older, i just want to try to live a healthier lifestyle and give it a proper chance and see what happens, i have done the drunken bum bit for too long and its time for a change.

TdC

good show that man. keep it up Brooky!

Tilda

Good for you brooky!
If you need any advice or encouragement drop me a PM!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Good for you Brooky, it will no doubt be hard but stick at it mate.

If you're not into the whole exercise thing just try going for local walks around your house, explore the area a bit.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Tom said:
Good for you Brooky, it will no doubt be hard but stick at it mate.

If you're not into the whole exercise thing just try going for local walks around your house, explore the area a bit.

*waits for Tom to be blamed for Brooky being attacked by chavs on a walk around his local area*

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
brooky said:
WHY, you say,

i am overweight and always feel like warmed up shit in a morning really tired and out of breath all the time even going up stairs etc, i dont like smelling of stale cig smoke and im sick of spending 5 pounds a pack of 20, i drink lots of stella and jack daniels and have done for over 20 years, i dont like the human form i have taken and im spending far too much cash on cigs and alcohol, plus its fucking up my family situation. I dont want to cough iup a lung at 50 aand/or have live/kidney problem,s when i am older, i just want to try to live a healthier lifestyle and give it a proper chance and see what happens, i have done the drunken bum bit for too long and its time for a change.

Thanks for the reply, and for keeping it civil :D

Good luck on your efforts, i :worthy: you.

G

Well, 3 weeks in and the no smoking bit is a walk in the park compared to the drinking, i have been sick a couple of times and my temp is going up and down like fuck, but i aint had a smoke or a drink, i have also lost over a stone in weight so its not all bad, im coughing up lots of dodgy shit as well but its all worth it, lets see how long i can last.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Congratulations, keep it up. You're definitely doing the right thing.

I fucking wish my parents would stop smoking too.

TdC

brooky said:
im coughing up lots of dodgy shit as well but its all worth it, lets see how long i can last.

your lungs are cleaning themselves. don't worry about it.

G

5 weeks on and im feeling good, the coughing is still gonig on but the no drinking is sorted, ive also lost quite a bit of weight and i am not feeling as tired as i once did at the end of the day, i also seem to be sleeping alot better.

Chilly

Balls of steel
good for you Brooky. I would stop drinking and smoking the occasional joint myself but I enjoy too much atm, I'll stop when I'm older!

Tilda

brooky said:
5 weeks on and im feeling good, the coughing is still gonig on but the no drinking is sorted, ive also lost quite a bit of weight and i am not feeling as tired as i once did at the end of the day, i also seem to be sleeping alot better.
Woo, go you!
Keep it up!

G

Almost 8 weeks in and all going great guns, people at work are telling me to start drinking again as i am apparently not being as argumentative as i once was and they are getting all weirded out over it.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Thanks for the latest 3 weekly update on your life brooky, we all feel a lot better for it. I guess we'll be hearing from you again in the new year.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well we never thought he could possibly be human in the first place. Have you EVER seen a human who could produce that many typos?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I've seen worse.

Only because they passed out on the keyboard and their nose held down the 'k' key for 7 hours though.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Well, dunno about you guys but i'll sleep tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom