Arvakr now property of CF

U

Urme the Legend

Originally posted by censi
wtf is wrong with midguard that they have to do "everything" out of hours...

we have the same problem with albs taking crim... and the amount of defenders we have to repell is double the amount of hibs that were defending Arvakr... yet we get organised get our rams togther and strike the keep properly... If we play well we get our keep back if we dont we die....

Your halfass keep taking tactics are pityfull... wtf where those catapults at the base of the slope supposed to be doing (#ref last night)... you seem to rely on just gathering huge amounts of numbers and trying to out zerg anything that gets in your way... if that fails you strike out of hours... get some tactics and play the game the way it supposed to be played... specifically those people who took arvakr this morning are responsible for the ongoing decline in the standard and depth of the gameplay in DAOC. but this wont stop you doing it.

Pleeaaase.. I'm laughing here.. when did you take arvakr at what time? and is that time prime time for you?

kthxbye

T

Thelion

I cant see the hard, the fun and how u hib can call it good defense to defend a keep against us when u are atleast +80 ppl inside that keep with a corpsesummoner. Well ofc it's a big amount of number defense but how hard isn't it for u to get numbers to defend it when u lost that first door. Loads of hibs can easely suicide at Bledmeer and transfer to Avakr. So dont blame us for taking the keep back that early.

I've been at keepdefenses with one fg killing 60 albs and after that 30 hibbies at lords room. So I realy cant see the crap u whining about mids "hiding" at the relickeep. We made one attempt and imo we did it great to get one door down.

Corpse summoners is one thing that has made this game more crap. In the end nobody wants to have relics.

C

Cuthervaen

but the difference between u and me is, I pay with money I´ve earned from an honest job u just have to beg yer mum for money. [/B]

Can't understand these guys coming around to brag over their "real life accomplishments" like having an honest job or a girlfriend on a game related forum....

When you're out trying to impress ladies do you tell them you're a leet level 50 RR whatever warrior? I guess it must work out like a charm :p Don't forget to cry for nerf if her boyfriend knocks the living daylights out of you from somewhere outside your LoS.

:sleeping:

R

Rg.Roller

ye you need BoF for that or PR if it all goes wrong =D

H

hellraisermk2

erm ok midguard

The relics you hold now?? when were they taken??

The relics hibernia holds now?? when were they taken??

Try and get one of our relics during prime time.. you will fail

Hibernia can get your relics during primetime and you know it.

Come get them.

And of course Hib has done exactly the same thing. Are you forgetting when the albs moved into Crim (I think it was crim) just after the patch. Hmmmmm, now what time was it you retook? Yup, between 5- 6am.

All realms do different things at odd hours at some point. I'm not defending it... I simply don't care. You do a 5am keep raid (like a keep take really matters)... so what? I'll be happily tucked up in bed. Same for RR's. Good luck to the people who are online at those hours.

C

Cuthervaen

Btw mids that treib assault ruled! And the DoT spam too, I think there wasn't a single place in the keep where you didn't regularly take damage.

Was nearly safer to port out and hit a few than to sit in the yard, with the "little loot bags of doom" appearing all over the place.

Saw my first bonedancer, multi pets look scary, reminds me of the AC2 tummie invoker :p nice class.

Was only in for that fight, but had been a long time I didn't enjoy such an epic big scale mess (and lagfest).

PS : I took the liberty to confiscate the treib wood after cause I'm a bit tight on money lately, thanks, next time bring ebonwood plz.

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by Dr. Mangler
Q: did u meet any defenders when u snatched our relics?

A: No u did not.

Summ: Fighting NPC´s must be the leet skilled players highest achivement

rofl, u make me laugh, no defenders lolol, try the 200+

K

kaod

Only one way to prove it.

If you're THAT confident, call a GMT time and date and come knocking.

S

skile

erm ok midguard

The relics you hold now?? when were they taken??

The relics hibernia holds now?? when were they taken??

Try and get one of our relics during prime time.. you will fail

Midguard? (Isn't it Midgard on english or Midgård on Swedish?.)

O

old.Xanthian

Respect to mids trying all day, was good day of rvr, very laggy but still fun. Really thought we was gonna lose it when you had the trebs up.
We got farmed you got farmed, but it makes a change from emain.
Suicide run on the relic were quite amusing, lol

And Albs made hardly any RP's :p

---

Garnet : grow up, irl threats over a game, lol

Dr.Monger : was pl'ing my Hero at the time, logged my Eld to see what was going on, watching you all get raped by guards at lords room, lol.

O

old.Xanthian

Originally posted by kaod

/em looks at the 2nd Power relic in dagda
/em wonders what time it was taken

:m00:

S

StormriderX

Read that again and ask yourself how stupid that sounds.

O

old.ST200

censi you cunt

first: its MIDGARD (not guard ,,,,,,,,,)

second: you are a cunt, stfu

O

old.lewstherin

Originally posted by ardamels
We made 4 serious attempts on Arvakr with rams, the 4th time we used trebuchets and catapults. Is it "lame" to use siege equipment now? Well lame or not it got me 10k in 20 min ;) In my opinion it's more lame to rely on a CS...

We tried all day taking it back but no matter what you kept going and going like energizer bunnies with that CS, without it you wouldn't have held out as long as you did.

BTW did you like the sound of my nukes when you logged in Stormriderx? :) Was funny to see all the hibs logging in packed around where the CS had stood, most of which was very rezz ill :)

Dont think anyone think siege is lame. Its very good imo. But bragging about oohh look I got 215151256 rps in 20 mins is imo. Still waiting for a sucessfull primetime raid from u adramels. And saying something stupid like "with that CS, without it you wouldn't have held out as long as you did." Its like saying if u didnt pbaoe u wouldnt have lasted that long... its just common sense. I hope u come soon..

G

Garh Khartari

One thing is for sure.
If I'm joining a keep retake not in odd hours, I'm operating a Trebuchet.

My computer can't handle looking at crowds bigger than 3 FG:)

Trebuchets 5-10 min after the assault began

Note they're all manned and operating, and there were put up 2 more a bit after I took the SS.

PS.: Keep takes with <3 FG is a bliss for me, which is why I'm more up for a retake later at night than during peak hours. Flame me.

O

old.lewstherin

Originally posted by Cuthervaen
Can't understand these guys coming around to brag over their "real life accomplishments" like having an honest job or a girlfriend on a game related forum....

When you're out trying to impress ladies do you tell them you're a leet level 50 RR whatever warrior? I guess it must work out like a charm :p Don't forget to cry for nerf if her boyfriend knocks the living daylights out of you from somewhere outside your LoS.

So well written cuth... damn ur french are not so bad after all..:clap:

C

Cuthervaen

Lews! :)

You come and get us str relic please, I'm fed up with hamster love!

A

ardamels

Sry if it sounded like bragging to you jaharharhar, I was trying to point out that mids using trebs and catapults wasn't a complete failure as some hibs are saying...

Your prime time relic raid was indeed a huge success (although you tried a zillion times before suceeding) and deserves to be treated as such. My raid on Albion perhaps wasn't prime time but it was a weekend and it was just before noon, same time as a failed hib relic raid the weekend before (one of yours jahar?). It was well within allowed hours with plenty of defenders, so don't give me that bullshit... It IS FAR HARDER to grab 3 relics at the same time with 2-3 simultaneous keep taking forces moving around than grabbing 1 relic with only 25% guard spawn. I use tactics I never seen any of hibs nor albs use (i'm not talking about the time here), and I always plan very well before executing them. All you had to do was to get a sizable force to Grallarhorn and knock down the doors without having to take a shitload of keeps before doing so. When I raid Dun Dagda next time you won't see it coming, and no I won't spam you with useless raids like you did... I will only do it once, just once.

I promise you that I shall follow your example when it comes to raiding hours.

N

noaim

Yes hibbies successful RR was nice, but if the game was lagfree, we would prolly have killed the force with the relic, we had the numbers, to bad it lags so bad with that many people.

And Censi, thx for the tactics, here, I hav a tip for you aswell.

A solo ranger shouldnt take the relic and try to bring it back, leave it to a group with a bard at least.

K

kaod

Originally posted by old.Xanthian
/em looks at the 2nd Power relic in dagda
/em wonders what time it was taken

Originally posted by StormriderX
Read that again and ask yourself how stupid that sounds.

No morons. I'm saying that if Censi feels so confident that you can waltz in and take any of them whenever he wants.. the prove it.
You have 2. When you get the other 4, then you can talk.

O

old.lewstherin

Sry if it sounded like bragging to you jaharharhar, I was trying to point out that mids using trebs and catapults wasn't a complete failure as some hibs are saying...

Your prime time relic raid was indeed a huge success (although you tried a zillion times before suceeding) and deserves to be treated as such. My raid on Albion perhaps wasn't prime time but it was a weekend and it was just before noon, same time as a failed hib relic raid the weekend before (one of yours jahar?). It was well within allowed hours with plenty of defenders, so don't give me that bullshit... It IS FAR HARDER to grab 3 relics at the same time with 2-3 simultaneous keep taking forces moving around than grabbing 1 relic with only 25% guard spawn. I use tactics I never seen any of hibs nor albs use (i'm not talking about the time here), and I always plan very well before executing them. All you had to do was to get a sizable force to Grallarhorn and knock down the doors without having to take a shitload of keeps before doing so. When I raid Dun Dagda next time you won't see it coming, and no I won't spam you with useless raids like you did... I will only do it once, just once.

I promise you that I shall follow your example when it comes to raiding hours.

Only one that really doenst know alot can say something like that. U really dont have a clue how much planning it took to get force through HMG in odins unseen and not kill one single patrol. IMO ur raid was ONE of the easiest ever. ITS still a fact that u had MORE mids logged on than there was hibbies to do oppostion. The so called l33t planning consisted of knocking down keeps one after other w/o ANY oppostion. THAT could NEVER have happened if it was primetime. And vs alb.. u can just wonder if It really was planning or if u just saw that albs where low on keeps and seized the oppurtunity. This is just speculation Im not a mid so I cant really know. Maybe Im just wrong. Btw I had a relic raid planned for that day too... but had studies to do in the morning and logged on to find it gone. (we had taken boldiam day before and done scouting)
Anyway I have proved and done It primetime with hard guards and gathered a force w/o being noticed. I will seriously congrat u when u pull one off. Then perhaps u will know better and not think that It was a coincidence that the relic was taken. Believe it or not there was planning and tactics behind it all. Btw it was my 3rd attempt. The first ones perhaps failed due to bad leadership or bad luck, I dont know, but I learnt and tried again. Im not the type that gives up. Will try to keep em comming but its just sometimes hard to find some time to do em all. My raid will always be primetime for mine and your enjoyment. And I still think those catas at arvakr where nice. Ballistas to counter them would really make the siege warfare come to full imo.

Take care..

(going back to the books)

edit: One thing I thought of was maybe mids are easier led than hibbies are therefor I feel I have to put in more effort than u really can see...I mean we have elfs that think they are smartest beings in the world... or the luris that get lost in the grass or the firbolg that stay and pet the luris. I mean u can only throw a piece of steak infront of relic keep and hordes of trolls come running head over neck drooling..

D

Dr. Mangler

Originally posted by Cuthervaen

rofl..

I have a wife that plays DAoC and FYI she´s the one mezzing u guys so i can nuke u to pieces. kthxbye

D

Dr. Mangler

Originally posted by ab_fluid
rofl, u make me laugh, no defenders lolol, try the 200+

AT THE RELICKEEP u ignoratus.

S

StormriderX

you're asking people to set a time and date and try to take a relic whilst its defended and you have the cheek to call other people morons :rolleyes:

censi was mentioning that we got our power relic back at a decent time and not at 4am in the morning like when you took our power relics kthxbye.

A

ardamels

Originally posted by old.lewstherin
Only one that really doenst know alot can say something like that. U really dont have a clue how much planning it took to get force through HMG in odins unseen and not kill one single patrol. IMO ur raid was ONE of the easiest ever. ITS still a fact that u had MORE mids logged on than there was hibbies to do oppostion. The so called l33t planning consisted of knocking down keeps one after other w/o ANY oppostion. THAT could NEVER have happened if it was primetime. And vs alb.. u can just wonder if It really was planning or if u just saw that albs where low on keeps and seized the oppurtunity. This is just speculation Im not a mid so I cant really know. Maybe Im just wrong. Btw I had a relic raid planned for that day too... but had studies to do in the morning and logged on to find it gone. (we had taken boldiam day before and done scouting)
Anyway I have proved and done It primetime with hard guards and gathered a force w/o being noticed. I will seriously congrat u when u pull one off. Then perhaps u will know better and not think that It was a coincidence that the relic was taken. Believe it or not there was planning and tactics behind it all. Btw it was my 3rd attempt. The first ones perhaps failed due to bad leadership or bad luck, I dont know, but I learnt and tried again. Im not the type that gives up. Will try to keep em comming but its just sometimes hard to find some time to do em all. My raid will always be primetime for mine and your enjoyment. And I still think those catas at arvakr where nice. Ballistas to counter them would really make the siege warfare come to full imo.

Take care..

(going back to the books)

edit: One thing I thought of was maybe mids are easier led than hibbies are therefor I feel I have to put in more effort than u really can see...I mean we have elfs that think they are smartest beings in the world... or the luris that get lost in the grass or the firbolg that stay and pet the luris. I mean u can only throw a piece of steak infront of relic keep and hordes of trolls come running head over neck drooling..

I do recognize that it must've taken alot of skill getting a relic force to Grallarhorn the way you did. It tells me you know more about this the albs do, because albs never even get to the relic keep undetected but hibs do it quite often. You're wrong about one thing though, I know EXACTLY what it takes to do this and that's why I don't move the relic force to the relic keep as a zerg... Thus avoiding the fuss about patrols

Still you only had to fight 25% überguards whereas we had to grab keeps to able to go anywhere near Excalibur or Dun Dagda. The raid on Excalibur was planned over a month before it was executed, it wasn't a coincidence at all. The keep takings the evening before had the sole purpose of preparing for the attack on Excalibur. The plan was to pop a few keeps then hold them overnight, to break the albs if necessary. However a minimum of albs showed up during the evening (we started at 20.00 CET). Taking Boldiam was a part of the plan but it seems hibs did the work for us :) In the morning we were to take 2 more keeps simultaneously. The keep taking forces were logged right by the keeps they were supposed to take. At the same time another force had logged in Forest Sauvage, their orders were to attack Excalibur when the second door went down on Berkstead. We also had 3 FGs of stealthers posted along the road to Excalibur, their orders were to take out anything upto 1 FG, but not to take any risks at all. All this was very obvious but somehow the albs failed to see the signs.

We were around 45 ppl who raided Dun Dagda, many were below lvl 45. The night before we had moved 1 by 1 to a designated logging point just east of Crim. When we logged in at exactly 06.00 CET, we split our forces into two and the rest is geography really. The fact that albs held Crim made it somewhat more easier. The routes had been scouted during the week before. We took 3 keeps within 20 min, 2 of them almost simultaneuosly. Although we were actually spotted by several hibs going to emain, they didn't seem to care...

We also had 1 FG stealthers at Druim Cairn. The stealther grp took out approximately 75% of all the hibs trying to get to the relic keep. There were atleast 65 hibs online when we reached Dun Dagda and more and more logged on during the raid. The raid lasted for more than 3 hours so there was plenty of time for you to defend your relic keep or to intercept the relic carrier grp... It was a Saturday so we knew that many would be playing. And although there were 1 or 2 FGs inside Dun Dagda when we came back the second time they hadn't bothered to repair the doors (can't blame them, relic doors are expensive). Albs showed up and snatched a relic while we were away, (all mids suicided to make sure the relic carrier grp got past MMG in emain). But most albs died on hibs PBAoE. About 1 FG of albs was still there when we arrived for the second relic.

The point of this little story is that I'm very well aware of what it takes to get to a relic keep undetected... And if we didn't have to take keeps before the attack on the relic fort then the job would've been alot easier.

R

Radghast

nice raid by the sounds of it (the one on excal. the hib one sucked..biast etc) i can't help but think though that the albs were not so much taken by suprise as victims of their own negligence. was a pretty widely accepted fact that one of the major contributing factors to the success of that raid was the complete lack of intrest the albs showed in defence. As Jahar so rightly points out, if u can pull that kind of raid of vs a awake and alert hibernia (as in not lounging around in SI or playing alt's See: albion) then i will be amogst the 1st to pat u on the back....but frankly i can't see it happening.

A

ab_fluid

AT THE RELICKEEP u ignoratus.

tahts called good planning and not hibs taking an "easy" relic, u really have no clue

A

ab_fluid

I do recognize that it must've taken alot of skill getting a relic force to Grallarhorn the way you did. It tells me you know more about this the albs do, because albs never even get to the relic keep undetected but hibs do it quite often. You're wrong about one thing though, I know EXACTLY what it takes to do this and that's why I don't move the relic force to the relic keep as a zerg... Thus avoiding the fuss about patrols

Still you only had to fight 25% überguards whereas we had to grab keeps to able to go anywhere near Excalibur or Dun Dagda. The raid on Excalibur was planned over a month before it was executed, it wasn't a coincidence at all. The keep takings the evening before had the sole purpose of preparing for the attack on Excalibur. The plan was to pop a few keeps then hold them overnight, to break the albs if necessary. However a minimum of albs showed up during the evening (we started at 20.00 CET). Taking Boldiam was a part of the plan but it seems hibs did the work for us :) In the morning we were to take 2 more keeps simultaneously. The keep taking forces were logged right by the keeps they were supposed to take. At the same time another force had logged in Forest Sauvage, their orders were to attack Excalibur when the second door went down on Berkstead. We also had 3 FGs of stealthers posted along the road to Excalibur, their orders were to take out anything upto 1 FG, but not to take any risks at all. All this was very obvious but somehow the albs failed to see the signs.

We were around 45 ppl who raided Dun Dagda, many were below lvl 45. The night before we had moved 1 by 1 to a designated logging point just east of Crim. When we logged in at exactly 06.00 CET, we split our forces into two and the rest is geography really. The fact that albs held Crim made it somewhat more easier. The routes had been scouted during the week before. We took 3 keeps within 20 min, 2 of them almost simultaneuosly. Although we were actually spotted by several hibs going to emain, they didn't seem to care...

We also had 1 FG stealthers at Druim Cairn. The stealther grp took out approximately 75% of all the hibs trying to get to the relic keep. There were atleast 65 hibs online when we reached Dun Dagda and more and more logged on during the raid. The raid lasted for more than 3 hours so there was plenty of time for you to defend your relic keep or to intercept the relic carrier grp... It was a Saturday so we knew that many would be playing. And although there were 1 or 2 FGs inside Dun Dagda when we came back the second time they hadn't bothered to repair the doors (can't blame them, relic doors are expensive). Albs showed up and snatched a relic while we were away, (all mids suicided to make sure the relic carrier grp got past MMG in emain). But most albs died on hibs PBAoE. About 1 FG of albs was still there when we arrived for the second relic.

The point of this little story is that I'm very well aware of what it takes to get to a relic keep undetected... And if we didn't have to take keeps before the attack on the relic fort then the job would've been alot easier.

u still lead both relic raids in the early hours, justify it all you want, try and make it sound better with "planning" you will never get respect from the majority of hibs/albs for it, i'll congratulate u when u take a relic at 9gmt or so until then...well just another person who lead a none primetiem relic raid.

S

StormriderX

Q: did u meet any defenders when u snatched our relics?

A: No u did not.

Summ: Fighting NPC´s must be the leet skilled players highest achivement

How did mid get hibs power relics in the first place?

Oh thats right - stfu kthxbye

Users who are viewing this thread