Arti's and durabillty

Bone's

Fledgling Freddie
K no doubt this subjected has been talked about and thought about, but i have a question about what happens to an arti once it's durabilty comes to 0% it becomes of no use, SO are u able to redo arti so you get it again.

I.E redo encounter and get drop and then get scroll's etc etc

or is that it for that arti, that char can no longer use it again ??

Lol got a long way to go before my arti's get any where near 0% but thinking of the future

Please let me know any info u got on the subject

7 X 50 mid/pry
1 X LGM AC
2 X cottage

Bone's

Fledgling Freddie
if thats the case it is not worth all the gold and time to create a template based on TOA as a few months down the line (after a wicked template) becomes gimped...... :eek2:.......

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
i think you can hand them in to the arbiter who repairs them completely, but all the xp of the artifact disappears. so, you will have it re-activated and must xp it all over again, but it's as good as new. that is at least what i've heard. haven't tested it myself.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Nope, once they are gone they are gone mythic have said this is as intended and there are no plans to change anything, but there are other artifacts you can use so not like you are going to be forced to run with no artifacts and its a helluva long way off anyway :p

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
yeke dont know where u got ur info but i handed my bos arti back to the npc who created it to start with it was put back to 100% durability but on 0% xp, so something is wrong somewhere with ur info.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
VNboards, cant remember exactly where but seen a few similar posts there and ppl asking if anything will change, will try and find a link or something.

<edit> thinking more about this could have been quest items not sure :p
will look anyhow guess if you have done it must be able too ;)

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
click

Lots of whines there about the issue, not sure if GoA put something in thats different tho?

Boomeruk

Fledgling Freddie
aye

lotta people on vn with 0% dura malices asking for replacements in there template. rly dont think you can hand to any npc and get replacement.... unless is a goa only thing, but i cant see them coding for that tbh.

Mikal

Fledgling Freddie
it's a problem, and some artis seems to decay faster than they should. Take traldors oracle, it's qual 100, so have extra dur, it's an artifact, so should decay slower than normal items, it's a lvl 40 items, so should decay slower when used by a lvl 50 char. yet it has decayed at 4 times the rate the rest of my items.

one thing you can do to help it, is to know when to repair. every time you repair it costs the amount of con repaired +1 in durability, so if you repair at 99 con you lose 2 dur, if you repair at 70 con you lose 31 dur. So according to this you should wait as long as possible with repairing, but below 90% con items decay twice as fast. So this is your magic number, repair items at 90% if you can wait, of course with weapons this is not always an option as you need the damage

belxavier

Fledgling Freddie
wouldnt it be a good idea for mythic to make an item restorer? similar to smith npc for artis/irreplacable quest items (beaded etc which used in templates, i know i for one wouldnt mind paying a much higher price than a regular repair to restore the dur on the item...

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
In EQ2 there is no such thing as durability (luckily), only condition. Tbh totally gay idea whole durability all together - logical and corresponds to a real life that item loses its feature called durability when its been repaired when repair is done many times.. sometimes real life similarities shouldn't be dragged to a game tbh.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Was rumour that catacombs would have such a feature, but seems that is all it was, rumour. think its a bit crap losing everything you put into getting that item but the only reason I can see for them not doing it is simply you need to remake your template = grind = more cash for mythic :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom