Artifacts & Scrolls.

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
Hi ;)
Can anybody give me a quick 'brief' of what scrolls & artifacts are, i think i know what the basics are but i just want to double check, cheers :touch:

Vae

Resident Freddy
An artifact is an uber powerful item which although weak at first gains xp for doing a particular thing e.g. killing daemons. It can gain 10 levels and will gain new abilities as it gets higher level. It will start out weaker than a normal item and end up as one of the most powerful items in the game.

To activate a particular artifact drop you'll need the associated 3 scrolls e.g. Battler (sword) needs the 3 bane of battler scrolls.

Up until you activate the artifact (by talking to one of the scholars in the hall before porting to Atlantis) you can trade the scrolls and artifacts. Once activated they become no trade/no sell.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
You need to complete an encounter to get a credit marked against your char that says you can now use the artifact associated with the encounter.

Once you have the artifact you must then get 3 scrolls related to it in order to activate the artifact for use.

Take these 3 scrolls to the correct npc with the artifact then it will be activated. You then have to kill certain mobs to lvl that artifact. Each artifact has 10 lvls and skills are awarded at certain lvls for the artifact.

thats about it ... btw u have to have the artifact equiped to lvl it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Sigurd said:
Artifact: read: Mythic's biggest fuck up yet.

^^ someones bitter and twisted and cause he don't like it wants the whole world to know ... want some cheese ?
:eek:

Sigurd

Banned
Wait until you have 4 activated artifacts, good luck enjoying yourself spending months levelling them. Maybe you get off on spending longer levelling a bunch of items that have just been nerfed than you did getting to 50?

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
Okay Dokay thanks alot Moriath & Vae...Sigurd you where not much help :wub:

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Some artis easy to lvl some aint.

athens shield. 5-6 hours in good df grp and hi lvl 10

Sigurd

Banned
Most artifacts take you a long time. Some however, are just a joke - harpy feather cloak takes 2 solo oranges per 1%... at level 1. As it's used mostly by tanks, especially frontline tanks, this is just a cruel joke on Mythic's part - without a bot, light tanks and main tanks aren't going to be soloing oranges at all fast, some can't solo oranges at all, reliably at least. I took a bard friend along to ease the pain, it took about 5-8 oranges per 1% with her help. For what? A great cloak - however, Cetus's cloak is nearly as good and you just need to kill Cetus to get it. No poncing around killing 5,000 oranges.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Sigurd said:
Wait until you have 4 activated artifacts, good luck enjoying yourself spending months levelling them. Maybe you get off on spending longer levelling a bunch of items that have just been nerfed than you did getting to 50?

4d played at level 50

not that hard, 3-4 weeks or so

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Blondy said:
Hi ;)
Can anybody give me a quick 'brief' of what scrolls & artifacts are, i think i know what the basics are but i just want to double check, cheers :touch:

Necromancer ... I would keep an eye on decay rates. All classes need to but necro class in particular. You may find your new level 10 artifact is on its last legs when it gets to level 10 if US servers are accurate. Seems to be 'something' but people unsure what is the cause and what specific items are impacted.

Anyone Euro info yet?

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
gervaise said:
Necromancer ... I would keep an eye on decay rates. All classes need to but necro class in particular. You may find your new level 10 artifact is on its last legs when it gets to level 10 if US servers are accurate. Seems to be 'something' but people unsure what is the cause and what specific items are impacted.

Anyone Euro info yet?

i thought artifacts are returned to 100 con/dur every time they lvl up? ... at least thats what i heard :)

Brealanna

Fledgling Freddie
A quote from the Classes of Camelot site.

General Artifact Information
Artifact Database

The Artifact system is a process - getting the Artifact, getting the scrolls, activating the Artifact, and leveling the Artifact. The first three steps are necessary to get a useable item - the fourth is necessary for it to reach its potential.

Getting An Artifact

How to get an Artifact varies greatly. Some can be done solo, others take multiple groups; some take a few minutes, others can take hours; some are simple, others more complicated than anything in the game before ToA. The detail page for each Artifact has a section on how to get the unactivated version. There are a couple other things of note:

Only one Artifact drops per kill, or whatever it is you have to do to get it; it is not like a one-time-drop or quest item, where everyone who can use the item will get it.
You will not get a quest for the Artifact encounter itself. While some Artifacts (Stone of Atlantis and Cloudsong, for example) have sub-quests associated with them, the completion of that quest will not in itself get you the Artifact.
If you successfully complete the Artifact encounter, you will get a quest completion message which will show up in /quest. For example, if you complete the Dream Sphere encounter, your completed quests list will show "Dream Sphere Encounter".
Unactivated Artifacts are tradable, but having the Artifact does not give you encounter credit. If you buy one without the credit, it'll do you no good.
Getting the Scrolls

Each Artifact has three 'scrolls' associated with it. While referred to as scrolls, they're not necessarily named as such in-game - our Artifact detail pages list what the names of the scrolls associated with each Artifact are. You can also delve an item - if it is a scroll, it will say which Artifact it belongs to.

Scrolls always drop in the same region the Artifact is found in, but only on specific mobs or mob types. Our detail pages list which mobs drop each scroll, but it is possible other mobs may drop them as well.

You can /interact with a scroll to read part of the story behind an Artifact; if you have more than one of the scrolls for the same Artifact, you can /use one of the scrolls to combine them and then interact with the combined version for more of the story. And of course, if you have all three scrolls, you can combine them and read the entire story.

Activating The Artifact

When you have the unactivated Artifact, encounter credit, and a book (what 3 scrolls combined to are called), head to the Scholars in the region you found the Artifact in. There are Scholars in each Haven that accept unactivated Artifacts - it shouldn't matter which one you give it to (so long as you're in the right Haven), but if one doesn't take it, try another.

First, hand the unactivated Artifact to the scholar. Then, if necessary, click through any dialogue until the Scholar asks for the book. Hand it over. At this point, you should get the activated Artifact back.

If the Scholar doesn't take your Artifact, you're in the wrong Haven or you haven't completed all the steps. You also need to have the correct book in your inventory when you hand it over - and only one. Having extra scrolls for that Artifact in your backpack may mess things up.

Leveling the Artifact

Each Artifact starts out at level 0, with only a couple bonuses. For it to reach its potential, you have to spend time leveling it... just as you spent time leveling your character.

When you kill the correct monster (or monster type), the Artifact will gain experience so long as it is currently equipped. For everything except weapons, this means it must be in use; for weapons, it can be in one of the slots while you are actually using another item and still get experience.

The stats section of our Artifact detail pages say what the Artifact gains experience on. Usually it is just a mob type; but some Artifacts require you to kill enemies in a certain zone or dungeon, or at a specific time. Some experimentation should find monsters that your Artifact gets experience from; when your Artifact gets experience, you will get a message saying so just below the line saying how much experience you gained. Artifacts get the same experience you do (though they also gain experience when you kill grays), so if you are gaining experience faster, so is your Artifact.

Each Artifact can also gain experience in RvR, whether it says so on the info or not; this was added in 1.68 so that you can get a bit of Artifact XP during your normal activities. However, for all non-RvR-specific Artifacts, experience from RvR comes very slowly, so you may want to solo more than you normally would if you plan to use RvR to level your Artifacts. RvR-specific Artifacts gain more experience in RvR than others.

Due to rounding, an Artifact may delve as having 100% experience earned toward the next level for a while. Just keep killing and it'll move on correctly.

Notes on the Artifact Database:

Unless otherwise specified, "magical abilities" are usable every 15 minutes. If an Artifact has two usable magical abilities (as opposed to one usable and one proc, for example), they are on the same timer; if you use one, you have to wait to use the other.

All items created by Artifacts disappear upon logging.

An Artifact's first Magical Ability is used by selecting the Artifact and typing /use; the second by selecting and typing /use2. Even if the first ability is not usable/castable, the second one requires /use2.

Only one "offensive buff" effect may be on a character at a time. Different versions from different Artifacts will not stack; nor will they stack with spells.

Using an Artifact invokes the same item use timer that using a charge on any other item does.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
Most artifacts take you a long time. Some however, are just a joke - harpy feather cloak takes 2 solo oranges per 1%... at level 1. As it's used mostly by tanks, especially frontline tanks, this is just a cruel joke on Mythic's part - without a bot, light tanks and main tanks aren't going to be soloing oranges at all fast, some can't solo oranges at all, reliably at least. I took a bard friend along to ease the pain, it took about 5-8 oranges per 1% with her help. For what? A great cloak - however, Cetus's cloak is nearly as good and you just need to kill Cetus to get it. No poncing around killing 5,000 oranges.
If you dont want to level the artifact, dont get it. Cant expect to be powerful if you dont work for it, now can you?
I love to put some hard work into my characters.

Sigurd

Banned
:rolleyes: You realise I've played the game from release, and I don't give a crap about PvE anymore? And a hell of a lot of players share my views on this? I only play the game for RvR, like most other players, and I don't see why I should put in extra months work on the side of the game I don't like, just to be able to compete in the side of the game I do... :puke:

Of course, it's now possible to level artifacts in RvR... in theory. In reality, it's so slow there's not much point. My suggestion to everyone thinking of going for artifacts, is go for weapons only - as they can be left in the 2h slot so they don't degrade. Once I respec and get myself Battler, I'll expect to level it to 10 by the time I'm RR8 or something... of course, casters are a bit screwed by this, but who cares when you can chain yellows/oranges/reds - us tanks can't.

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
Brealanna said:
A quote from the Classes of Camelot site.

General Artifact Information
Artifact Database

The Artifact system is a process - getting the Artifact, getting the scrolls, activating the Artifact, and leveling the Artifact. The first three steps are necessary to get a useable item - the fourth is necessary for it to reach its potential.

Getting An Artifact

How to get an Artifact varies greatly. Some can be done solo, others take multiple groups; some take a few minutes, others can take hours; some are simple, others more complicated than anything in the game before ToA. The detail page for each Artifact has a section on how to get the unactivated version. There are a couple other things of note:

Only one Artifact drops per kill, or whatever it is you have to do to get it; it is not like a one-time-drop or quest item, where everyone who can use the item will get it.
You will not get a quest for the Artifact encounter itself. While some Artifacts (Stone of Atlantis and Cloudsong, for example) have sub-quests associated with them, the completion of that quest will not in itself get you the Artifact.
If you successfully complete the Artifact encounter, you will get a quest completion message which will show up in /quest. For example, if you complete the Dream Sphere encounter, your completed quests list will show "Dream Sphere Encounter".
Unactivated Artifacts are tradable, but having the Artifact does not give you encounter credit. If you buy one without the credit, it'll do you no good.
Getting the Scrolls

Each Artifact has three 'scrolls' associated with it. While referred to as scrolls, they're not necessarily named as such in-game - our Artifact detail pages list what the names of the scrolls associated with each Artifact are. You can also delve an item - if it is a scroll, it will say which Artifact it belongs to.

Scrolls always drop in the same region the Artifact is found in, but only on specific mobs or mob types. Our detail pages list which mobs drop each scroll, but it is possible other mobs may drop them as well.

You can /interact with a scroll to read part of the story behind an Artifact; if you have more than one of the scrolls for the same Artifact, you can /use one of the scrolls to combine them and then interact with the combined version for more of the story. And of course, if you have all three scrolls, you can combine them and read the entire story.

Activating The Artifact

When you have the unactivated Artifact, encounter credit, and a book (what 3 scrolls combined to are called), head to the Scholars in the region you found the Artifact in. There are Scholars in each Haven that accept unactivated Artifacts - it shouldn't matter which one you give it to (so long as you're in the right Haven), but if one doesn't take it, try another.

First, hand the unactivated Artifact to the scholar. Then, if necessary, click through any dialogue until the Scholar asks for the book. Hand it over. At this point, you should get the activated Artifact back.

If the Scholar doesn't take your Artifact, you're in the wrong Haven or you haven't completed all the steps. You also need to have the correct book in your inventory when you hand it over - and only one. Having extra scrolls for that Artifact in your backpack may mess things up.

Leveling the Artifact

Each Artifact starts out at level 0, with only a couple bonuses. For it to reach its potential, you have to spend time leveling it... just as you spent time leveling your character.

When you kill the correct monster (or monster type), the Artifact will gain experience so long as it is currently equipped. For everything except weapons, this means it must be in use; for weapons, it can be in one of the slots while you are actually using another item and still get experience.

The stats section of our Artifact detail pages say what the Artifact gains experience on. Usually it is just a mob type; but some Artifacts require you to kill enemies in a certain zone or dungeon, or at a specific time. Some experimentation should find monsters that your Artifact gets experience from; when your Artifact gets experience, you will get a message saying so just below the line saying how much experience you gained. Artifacts get the same experience you do (though they also gain experience when you kill grays), so if you are gaining experience faster, so is your Artifact.

Each Artifact can also gain experience in RvR, whether it says so on the info or not; this was added in 1.68 so that you can get a bit of Artifact XP during your normal activities. However, for all non-RvR-specific Artifacts, experience from RvR comes very slowly, so you may want to solo more than you normally would if you plan to use RvR to level your Artifacts. RvR-specific Artifacts gain more experience in RvR than others.

Due to rounding, an Artifact may delve as having 100% experience earned toward the next level for a while. Just keep killing and it'll move on correctly.

Notes on the Artifact Database:

Unless otherwise specified, "magical abilities" are usable every 15 minutes. If an Artifact has two usable magical abilities (as opposed to one usable and one proc, for example), they are on the same timer; if you use one, you have to wait to use the other.

All items created by Artifacts disappear upon logging.

An Artifact's first Magical Ability is used by selecting the Artifact and typing /use; the second by selecting and typing /use2. Even if the first ability is not usable/castable, the second one requires /use2.

Only one "offensive buff" effect may be on a character at a time. Different versions from different Artifacts will not stack; nor will they stack with spells.

Using an Artifact invokes the same item use timer that using a charge on any other item does.

lol....thanks.... :clap:

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
old.windforce said:
4d played at level 50

not that hard, 3-4 weeks or so

My main took 36 days played till 50. But then again I did it the hard way with no pl and no bot and plenty of distractions

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
fl3a said:
i thought artifacts are returned to 100 con/dur every time they lvl up? ... at least thats what i heard :)

Certainly not in this patch, my sun belt didn't go back to 100% con

Sigurd

Banned
Playing the latest patch in the US servers - my Belt of the Sun is still 98% condition - it does not reset with levelling...

Path

Fledgling Freddie
At least artifacts require some work, SC made every noob comparable to me when it came, and it was disgusting. At least now you'll have to spend time XPing artifacts, even though some are vastly harder to obtain/XP than others.

Sigurd

Banned
Shocking... you mean a casual gamer may have stood a chance against a powergamer? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom