Artifact Levelling changes

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Camelot Herald said:
Q: Hello. Shouldn't artifacts that level in 'mainland dungeons' (like, say, Traitor's Dagger) also level in Brimstone Caverns? Would this not be a mainland dungeon (albeit a new one)? Thanks.

A: I'd answer the question, but apparently we're making changes to artifact leveling system in 1.81 (going live in December, notes appearing on Pendragon in the next few weeks). Anything I say will soon be null, so just watch the Herald for the new notes.
Hm, I really, really wonder what they will be up to. Reckon they listened to that consultatin and decided to make it easier? They also decided to stick to the current server types and focus on those, instead of making new ones. No home invasion server, but oh well. It'll do for me. :)

Read the rest here:
Camelot Herald, latest Grab Bag
Those two are the only two interesting notes in that grab bag though. :p

Comos

Loyal Freddie
I'm sure they'll make it easier, but probably not nearly as easy enough as most people would want it :)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Comos said:
I'm sure they'll make it easier, but probably not nearly as easy enough as most people would want it :)

I just wished they'd done the current system in addition to the original one. The original one had so much more character.

(So Belt of the Sun levels if you are killing in daytime or if you are in a particular area)

Darzil

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
lets hope they make the exp come faster. then mybe ill lvl my malice 10 on ranger

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I'd favour doing it like this: all artis level everywhere, but they will individually level slightly faster if they are also complying with the original XP requirements that gave them character (but made it very hard to XP them).

So, for example, my Eirene's Hauberk would XP everywhere...but it would get (say) 25% more XP if I killed a female mob.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Sod that, give people an arti xp bonus if they're in a group with someone who's within 5 levels of them. Might actually encourage grouping for a change. Might also get abused but allowing any artis to be xp'd anywhere will just lead to all xp spots being taken by level 50s.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Grr at your avatar Kami :p It loops too slow to quickly catch that animation so I had to wait for it, doubting it had an animation the first time, so I missed it the second time too and had to wait for the third time, concentrating on that thing! :E

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
There is no animation.. it's an illusion. Honest :p

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Comos said:

hmm lets see wat the last thing that was made "easier" ...oh ye, scrolls ! :twak:
lets hope it isnt that type of fix:mad:

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
the bit that caught my eye was this;

Q: I am planning to come to the Seattle fan event and ask about Bainshees.

A: Would it help if I told you that all we're going to be able to tell you is that we're working on the LOS issue as I type this, and that we're not nerfing the class until we fix more of the LOS issues?

rarrrr they're planning a nerf !

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Offical GOA person said:
All artefacts will soon be changed, the new method should be far simplier to xp meaning the RVR experience is improved. The new way to xp artefacts will be to do quests, each quest will give 2 level's on all artefacts, the quests are;

Chant for Hasselhoff
Deliver Hoff's breakfast
Craft a Hasselhoff Doll
Make love to Hasselhoff
Lie to everyone on a forum

*DING lvl 10 arte's wahoooo!*

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
I'd favour doing it like this: all artis level everywhere, but they will individually level slightly faster if they are also complying with the original XP requirements that gave them character (but made it very hard to XP them).

So, for example, my Eirene's Hauberk would XP everywhere...but it would get (say) 25% more XP if I killed a female mob.

yeah that would stop the whining but keep the atmosphere which I also liked about the original xp conditions even if levelling Dreamsphere solo on a Paladin nearly drove me mad :)

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
Grr at your avatar Kami :p It loops too slow to quickly catch that animation so I had to wait for it, doubting it had an animation the first time, so I missed it the second time too and had to wait for the third time, concentrating on that thing! :E

rofl, did the exact same thing :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Comos said:

u mean a /insta lvl 10 command? :touch:

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
this games not about insta stuff - if u want that then load up Counterstrike and let blast...

Its about creating your chars, and equiping them with the most efficient template to enable you to compete at the highest levels and WIN. Arti xp does suck - but hey guess what - 2-3 days of time spent down in POC will get you all the arti xp u need.

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
rampant said:
2-3 days of time spent down in POC will get you all the arti xp u need.

And ill be there waiting for you all to zone in :p

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
get it right 2 to 3 SOLID days in poc will get your artis lvl 10 and thats if your in the opted powerlevel group which only ever accept certain classes + 4 leeches.

ive had my wing dive pants now for ages and they only aprochaing level 8 basically works out at 1 level every 4 hours (in an opted group) that isnt really that fast as we only play for 4 hours for 2 days a week so that works out at a 5 weeks ? still seems longer.

hopefully mythic will do somthing different with artifact exp like change how things level so it graduates so that 1 to 10 is similar in exp to when you level so getting level 1 artis is easy and then the exp requirement doubles as not all artifacts need lvl 10 :p

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
rampant said:
this games not about insta stuff - if u want that then load up Counterstrike and let blast...

Its about creating your chars, and equiping them with the most efficient template to enable you to compete at the highest levels and WIN. Arti xp does suck - but hey guess what - 2-3 days of time spent down in POC will get you all the arti xp u need.

If I have to choose between arti xping and counter-strike, counter-strike has a 100% chance to win

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom