Artifact Encounters

Darac

Fledgling Freddie
Im a casual gamer and rarely get time to play due to real live commitments etc. I have been trying to kit my SB out lately with artifacts I believe will be necessary to allow me to compete in RVR. One particular artifact I have been after is the “Shades of Mist” cloak. On Sunday night I logged on with my SB and ran directly to the SOM encounter to check if it had spawned (no use getting a group together to find its not there). When I got there I found it had indeed spawned so I began immediately to form a group. A number of people arrived at the encounter straight away while others where making their way to it, when out of the blue arrives the “Klan Nidstang” zerg. Immediately I sent one of there members (Missbabe) a message explaining that I had been stood here quiet a long time and that I was waiting on some others arriving before beginning the encounter. This message was totally ignored and they continued to pull the mobs and complete the encounter. Now this maybe would be fine if the encounter spawned every 30 mins or so as it was my problem I didn’t have all my group members there, but hey this baby spawns every 14 hrs or so!

I believe there needs to be some sort of etiquette between players when it comes to these artifacts instead of this greedy elite attitude that a lot of guilds seem to have. So come on guys, have some consideration for other players.

cenestra

Fledgling Freddie
I wasnt there last night as i had to log early however ..

Ever consider the fact that missbabe might of been afk ? or possibly might of had pm's turned off? I know i do that alot as i get sick of the pm spam.

Did you pm any of the other kn guys that were there? Seems VERY strange for this sort of thing to happen. I know that KN as a guild aren't like that. And i know that any of the KN officers who found out about this wouldn't be very pleased with the person/people responsible. I have been on guild raids to various places that hae ended up being cancelled / changed when we have gotten there because someone else has arrived just before us or what ever, so the situation you post about seems a bit strange to say the least.

Are you posting the entire story here? or just part of it? As i said i wasnt there so i dont know, but i'll ask the guys who were there to come read this post and reply to it.

Ever think of trying to contact a kn officer and discuss it with them before coming onto the forums and posting about it, trying to make KN look bad ?

Your comment trying to label KN as a guild with a 'Greedy Elite attitude' couldn't be further from the truth. As a guild we tend to be very relaxed and do most things just for the hell of it etc :) So i would ask that before you go trying to label a guild as something that you actually get to know the guild members etc .. if you had bothered to do this with kn then you would know that we arent greedy or elitist .. and that if the above situation is indeed what actually happened then it was a mistake .. you know an accident? crossed wires etc? something that wasnt done on purpose?

Anyway its too early for this and im hung over :) :)

Baduska

Fledgling Freddie
i'm against camping a spawn with 1 char, since i've seen people camping a spawn and not getting a group for hours.

if there's a group at a spaw i'll leave it, if not there's sufficient people to kill that i'll do it myself.

this wasn't me doing this incidents, i've only managed to do this sort of thing once, with an ml encounter that was camped. but thats how i'll do it if i see 1 or 2 persons camped at something that clearly needs more

Zlugugg Benvis

One of Freddy's beloved
Well if there is too few people to manage the encounter why not ask to merge or at least ask how long they think it will take em to get enough people.

The situation above doesnt sound like KN behaviour, probably a misunderstanding in some way. I think its better to solve these matters in the game insted of posting "flames and shames" here on FH. Im sure that if you had PMed a KN officer you would have got an explanation and I wouldnt have been surprised if they offered to helped ya with the encounter.

Daminira

Fledgling Freddie
Edit: Deleted dont want people to take that up here that is not the idea...
And as always someone have to read it wrong :p (jeri fx)

But it is not KN to take over a spot that is taken that is my point :p

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
lost count of how many times i have had this sort of thing happen to me, just yesterday i was pulling mobs for belt of the moon, and as a solo shaman it can take a bit of time to kill so many ora/yel mobs without being able to kite. got about half way through them and 2 DICKS jump out of their boat, prance a long and clean up the mobs and get the belt. all after i waited just over an hour for it to pop.

take a note of their names, when all this toa crap is over, never do a thing to help them. i have an unbelieveably long list of people, that i will never group with / heal / rez / trade with ever again, because they are just immature ass wipes.

bashir

Fledgling Freddie
nuky said:
take a note of their names, when all this toa crap is over, never do a thing to help them. i have an unbelieveably long list of people, that i will never group with / heal / rez / trade with ever again, because they are just immature ass wipes.
so as long as u can have use of those on your list, you will help em? :m00: double standards etc

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
I wasn't there but this was posted on our officers board this morning by an officer who was there:
Due to an coincident we didn't see the other ppl at the cloack spot and lag pulled the camp. Tings got very hectic and the nature of the quest as I understang it was to grab a cloack to be able to kill the mob that attaced us, and so we did. There was no option to turn back at that point. So... we get a flame on FH, fair enough. We can say we are sorry and offer to help out another time etc...
Being an officer myself, knowing my guild and its spirit since it was founded in beta and knowing the attitude of the officer who stated this I really believe this was an unfortunate acciedent.
Darac I am pretty sure we can sort something out to make up for this. Get in touch with us.

For KN members: I ask you not to comment on Dami's post. Lets sort this out where it belongs to.

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
bashir said:
so as long as u can have use of those on your list, you will help em? :m00: double standards etc

no idea what u mean

Darac

Fledgling Freddie
Apology accepted. I only had 6 people at the encounter but had 2-3 other guys incoming who had all left other things to come help. This is what annoyed me the most tbh as I had to message these people and basically apologise for wasting their time. I belong to a small guild, so for me to get these artifacts requires a lot of grovelling. Asking people to come camp the spot for hours is not at option so the only method I have is to camp there myself and begin getting a group together when the damn thing finally pops!!

Anyway, no hard feelings. I’ve finally given up on the cloak and cancelled the auto renew on my account's for the first time in 2 years. Amazing how an expansion can turn a great game into a bloody nightmare!!

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
personally i think camping an encounter with a grp that can't finish it doesn't count at all, it just delays everything, like you see a lvl 20 bot left at an encounter, that yells at you sorry, this is camped...

Retrakith

Banned
Elendar said:
personally i think camping an encounter with a grp that can't finish it doesn't count at all, it just delays everything, like you see a lvl 20 bot left at an encounter, that yells at you sorry, this is camped...

hihi, cry more jeje ja ne vus lamt :eek:

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Camping artifact mobs that you cant kill is stupid etc. When i got my atens shield after 14 hours chest opening, this was aroud 4am in the morning i woke up and decided to do a 1 hour run before work. As i swam to the island i saw this guy sitting there, as I ran past him a chest popped, he did nothing i opened the chest rdy with my pbae. And the shield dropped, then the guy came alive claiming the shield belonged to him, cause he had been waiting for the chest for 20 min. I kept the shield and logged.

Retrakith

Banned
Fafnir said:
Camping artifact mobs that you cant kill is stupid etc. When i got my atens shield after 14 hours chest opening, this was aroud 4am in the morning i woke up and decided to do a 1 hour run before work. As i swam to the island i saw this guy sitting there, as I ran past him a chest popped, he did nothing i opened the chest rdy with my pbae. And the shield dropped, then the guy came alive claiming the shield belonged to him, cause he had been waiting for the chest for 20 min. I kept the shield and logged.

what a nub

Sagano

Fledgling Freddie
as the officer who lead that raid ill clear out things :

first of all i had a laggy evening and since i was driver i lagged into the encounter i wiped the raid twice due to a lagpull and the shades of mist encounter was the first one.
I didnt see and neither did anyone on the raid see people near the encounter when we were actually standing before it , when there was about 4 people of 2fg left alive i actually saw 3 people standing behind a rock a bit further so if that was your group sorry but we really didnt see you

the lagpull made everything very messy and we tried to get everyone up and out of the encounter range which didnt work since the sphinxes even followed us to volcanus

also i pmed several people in typhons before we went to the shades encounter and none was going to do the shades encounter so i guessed i missed you or someone of your group
missbabe also told me about your pm but i simply didnt have time to reply

and people if you are camping a spawn be sure to do it clearly plz
coz everything is currently camped we had the same kind of incident with BO a few days ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom