Artifact Encounter Rules!

Galie

One of Freddy's beloved
Hello, lately I have begun to see a spree of posts here written by players who have thought they have been wronged in some way while doing artifact encounters, ie. stealing of camp sites, credit being stolen etc. The last thing I want to see is ToA turning into a kind of RvR waged against your own realm in the pursuit of l33t items rather then rps.

God knows GoA code of conduct is not really up to the job of sorting out this complex matter.

So I thought it might be a good idea for everyone to get together and decide on some basic rules to conform to regarding the farming of artifacts to put a halt the the apparent free for all we currently have. This shouldn't be hard as most have played this game for a number of years and by now have a pretty good idea of what is exceptable behaviour.

To get the ball rolling I have some suggestions:

1) An ordered que at the encounter site to determine who will pull the desired Mob and in what order. It should be easy to determine what order people began camping and btw camping doesn't mean having a bot standing there for prolonged (eg. hours) times afk, obvious if you can't even keep your eyes on an encounter you aren't camping it.

2) A period of grace for the person at the front of the que to gather a grp and instruct them how to do the encounter, 20-30 minutes maximum seems very reasonable. After which the next person in the que may begin the encounter.

3) Each group or player should be allowed one attempt on the encounter and if they fail the next in que should be at there descression to attempt the encounter.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Nice thought but youre battling against human nature and the L337 factor, otherwise known as the "couldnt give a rats arse about other players and have a severe phobia of camping or doing the hardwork myself to obtain said items" rule.

90% of people do follow the hidden rules, taking their turn, but theres always the "get stuffed" element.

Nature of the game IMO, shame tho, hope this does turn into something productive, but by then I expect most ppl will have their hartifacts and it wont matter anyway.

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
Bad enough when the leet kids started exp lists (if you wern't a gold card carying class you were s.o.l) If we have to start joining lists and crap for artifacts, it will just = "I'm sorry your not a rvr priority class, bla bla class needs it first" so your sent back 10-20 places in que....

If people didn't farm artifacts just to sell, this wouldn't be a problem, after few weaks all would have what they needed, and slow spawns wouldn't matter so much!!!

Galie

One of Freddy's beloved
btw to make clear about the point concenring ques, I don't mean list you put yours self down for just simply, the first to arrive at a spawn sight is first in que until they leave, a first come first served policy with no other criteria then actually physically being there and needing the artifact in question.

Ferengi

Fledgling Freddie
Jacilja said:
Bad enough when the leet kids started exp lists (if you wern't a gold card carying class you were s.o.l) If we have to start joining lists and crap for artifacts, it will just = "I'm sorry your not a rvr priority class, bla bla class needs it first" so your sent back 10-20 places in que....

If people didn't farm artifacts just to sell, this wouldn't be a problem, after few weaks all would have what they needed, and slow spawns wouldn't matter so much!!!
agree with first part, but to my knowledge farming artifacts shouldnt be giving any cash since peeps needs to do encounters aswell? ;)

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
just a question: what are you gonna do about the other 85% of the server population that don't read these forums?

Galie

One of Freddy's beloved
In my opinion if anyone reads this forum and decides to behave more responsible way towards their realm mates it would have been worth it. I don't think I have said anything too outrageous and hopefully it will get people thinking about what they do and consider how they behave. I'm glad the responses I have so far got, have shown that people are aware of the problem and would like to see it solved.

Sigurd

Banned
Malmo style lists for artifacts, that'll go down well. First come first serve? Would lead to "OMG got to get on at 5AM to camp encounter keke +1"

Galie

One of Freddy's beloved
The simple fact is that those who actually make the effort to camp an encounter site deserve the first go at it, I know some people have more time then others, but the fact remains I have uni family and a social life and still find time to camp. I'm sure its reasonable to believe those that have put the most effort into preparing for an encounter deserve the initial attempt at it. I see only selfishness leading to people getting upset when a person has spent more time occupied with an encounter actually getting a reward for it.

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
or maybe those who can actually get enough people to actually do the encounter first deserve it? otherwise every nofriend infil would have a som now ~~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom