arties for necro's

kinnie

Fledgling Freddie
What arties are good for necros?

atm i only have tartaros gift.

Sorin

Banned
I advise you not to use arties at all.

If you are a servant necro it will cost you a fortune in repairs.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
They shuld work stats wise and caps at 70% con, ofc skills wont work, and iirc u cant use charges off them when broken , but stats wise...

Apparently the necro epic works fine anyway as of the tests on necros show..

Cba to link to the vn board tests but

Apparently, necros resists do not cross over from the player, as u may have noticed since last patch u cant buy aug dex or con anymore on a necro

This is bcoz necros melee abs on pet is Dex , and the Magic/Melee is done via con stat, now i used to think this was bizzare jibberish till i saw the report tests and was explained to by zeus. This means u dont need to bother cappin resists stats on a necro suit seein as the pet has natual built in resists via its con and dex. So yes u dont need Artis on a necro other than power recharges, tho im not sure what artis u can actually use during shade mode.

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
Jacinas Sash works fine on necro for power regen. Same with Eternal Plant.

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
My necro has GoV, JS, EC, Champ staff. I use them only for 10% pierce and the power charges. Necro can use just about same artis as any other caster, only that some use1/2 won't work in shade mode. As a PvE necro, you really don't need any artis at all. As for PvE, i'd suggest you avoid artis that have +skill on them. All other are good, cos they don't need to be repaired - ever.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Jacina's is a nice arti for both PvE and PvP, if you're going to PvP you probably want some shapechange(AT, MS). Maybe for PvE Belt of the Moon can be nice so you always have a staff with +50 focus(but I didn't have any troubles with focus using tarts on 70% con). Well then there are some other arties left that can be nice like GoV, Nailah's, CoZ, Cloudsong...

Sorin said:
If you are a servant necro it will cost you a fortune in repairs.
You don't need to repair your arties as a necro tbh ;).

knighthood said:
They shuld work stats wise and caps at 70% con, ofc skills wont work, and iirc u cant use charges off them when broken , but stats wise...
Artifacts are usable when they are on 70% con ^^.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Have a look in the Templates Forum, I posted a very good Sight spec RVR Necro template there a few weeks ago.

Ignore anyone who says that resists do not transfer from the Necromancer to the Abom, they are clueless, because they do and always have.

The artifacts I'd focus on are:

GoV, MS and CL Staff - For ToA cast bonuses and a shape change
JS - For Arcane Siphon
EC or AT - Personal choice here, you get the same resist peirce with either, but AT gives an additional shape change while EC gives a higher Power Pool.
CS - I lke this just for looks, but there a loads of drop cloaks that have far higher utility.

With the exception of the CL Staff, you can allow all artifacts to drop to 70% Con and never repair them. Keep your CL Staff at 100% though or you lose Focus and thus spells cost more to cast.

HTH.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
Have a look in the Templates Forum, I posted a very good Sight spec RVR Necro template there a few weeks ago.

Ignore anyone who says that resists do not transfer from the Necromancer to the Abom, they are clueless,
and resists come for you casting suit
also resists come from buff not (resists buffs) ie dex amd spex dex improves mellee resists

how ever that does change with 1.87 when they get the own base resists and AF

read tl report

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
and resists come for you casting suit
also resists come from buff not (resists buffs) ie dex amd spex dex improves mellee resists

how ever that does change with 1.87 when they get the own base resists and AF

read tl report

That's wrong to my knowledge. Buffs on the Abom increase it's absorb, not it's resists. The resists transfer from the Necro to the Abom dynamically.

Sparklehorse

Fledgling Freddie
That's wrong to my knowledge. Buffs on the Abom increase it's absorb, not it's resists. The resists transfer from the Necro to the Abom dynamically.

I gotta agree with Zeus on this one after seeing the huge test from the VN boards, and yes apparently resists atm DO transfer to pet , but as of 1.87 they have thier own preset resists.

Sorin

Banned
You don't need to repair your arties as a necro tbh ;).

If you know what you're doing then yes... you do have to repair artifacts if its Armor since you AF passes on to your pet.

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
If you know what you're doing then yes... you do have to repair artifacts if its Armor since you AF passes on to your pet.

Wrong. Only item's need to be repaired to give the +skill that some ppl want. Other then that, repairing your armor will ONLY help the caster when he's out of a pet. AF does in other words not transfer.

That is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom