ARRs DAOC Chat Log File Parser Pro

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
I made this program to help u all raid leaders to quickly identify who won an item in raid.

Details are here: http://www.kolumbus.fi/arsi.rantala/DAOC/Docs

Program is a parser, which takes as an input the game's chat log file and updates the grids in the program with the information obtained from that file period ;)

I also added yesterday a feature to the program. It now accepts tabbed textual files as an input as well. So mods posted here for raids like eriny's charm raid and jascina's sash can be directly imported to the program as well. Raid leader then can nicely update his/her own mod lists by just importing his/her mod text list in to the program, provide raid's mod value (usually 3) and hit a save button. Voila, there he/she has now updated mod list saved for further use.

Check the documentation provided in the url above, its really that easy to use.

Reason I made this program was that I am a big VB fan, and I like to do little utilies with VB. I was bored, and got time, and saw a need for some ppl who does these weekly raids and wanted to help their burden of lottoing all those billion items on every raid :9

Givf feedback of the program, thats what makes me to improve it.

Br,
Ix

Gaino

Fledgling Freddie
nice progg
but u have to much spare time m8 =)
now get me a gov+ scrolls dear twoll /hug

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Gaino said:
nice progg
but u have to much spare time m8 =)
now get me a gov+ scrolls dear twoll /hug

Not really mate, I use my work time for this kind stuff, when I'm not in a hurry lolz. Gotta use the idle time to something useful.

About gov scrolls, didn't knew that patch screwed the drop rates of gov scrolls. Willing to help you in farming those scrolls ofc.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
New v1.06 version available:

+Added a feature to show the winners with mod value included. To be able to use this feature you need first to have mod list imported (check documentation above how to do it). Once you have done that, then click on "Check for winners (with mod applied to the right)" button. Once you click the button the grid to the left will be updated with player's roll value - and if player is also found in the mod list - the mod list value added. The sum of these two will be shown in the grid (to the left) next to the player name (of course the columns are sortable. Click on columns header portion to have grid sorted with Player or Roll column).

Check http://www.kolumbus.fi/arsi.rantala/DAOC/Docs

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Great been looking for something like this for ages, and was horrified about having no choice but to write one :)

Luktar

Loyal Freddie
can't you fix so you are saving all data towards a mysql server.. then you don't have to paste the result on the forum. all ppl can do is to go to the server and check with a simple php script or something..

i can help you with php and bugtesting if you don't have resources..

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Luktar said:
can't you fix so you are saving all data towards a mysql server.. then you don't have to paste the result on the forum. all ppl can do is to go to the server and check with a simple php script or something..

i can help you with php and bugtesting if you don't have resources..

Firstly I haven't hosted any raids (at least not yet), hence I haven't got any need to post any mod lists. Secondly imagine the load what it would cause to the server if ppl would log to see mod lists.

Nah, better it would be if the mod list would be saved as an attachment when RL here posts mod lists. If its posted as a code block (as some do now), a step is needed before my utility can process it. The step is to copy paste the code block to say to a Word, and save it as a regular text file. If you try to make a new file say by using notepad, and paste the code block to there, you'll see it has no carriege return characters, which are vital for my program to function right.

I have done some mysql+php coding myself, and do know how it would be impleted basically. It won't work here mate..

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Was able to implement a clip board support for the parser. Meaning once you copy paste say bluesky's eriny's charm raid's mod list to the clip board, alt-tab to my parser and press the approriate button, the whole mod list grid is populated with the players listed in the mod list.

Couldn't much get any easier than that ;)

Have to test it a bit, then I'll release 1.07 out.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Tried this out properly today, with limited /random rolls on my other account :)

Great program, I still need to read through your documentation, bit confused with the Mod list thing which would be REALLY benefitial for me but sure that will improve as I read the webpage you posted.

Unsure why there are two areas where the file can be parsed tho, one does the lotto rolls (fantastic) and the other... urm... well.... guess ill find out :)

Only minor issue so far, is I wont win anything on the raids, the parser doesnt appear to pick up the "You pick a random number between x and y: z" messages, I guess i can remember my own roll and manualy add my mod - but could easily pop a line in the mod sheet with "You" to indicate my character.

Anyway great work !!! thank you

Ovron

One of Freddy's beloved
Tears said:
Tried this out properly today, with limited /random rolls on my other account :)

Great program, I still need to read through your documentation, bit confused with the Mod list thing which would be REALLY benefitial for me but sure that will improve as I read the webpage you posted.

Unsure why there are two areas where the file can be parsed tho, one does the lotto rolls (fantastic) and the other... urm... well.... guess ill find out :)

Only minor issue so far, is I wont win anything on the raids, the parser doesnt appear to pick up the "You pick a random number between x and y: z" messages, I guess i can remember my own roll and manualy add my mod - but could easily pop a line in the mod sheet with "You" to indicate my character.

Ixoth you slacker :twak: ;
'strRL = holds the name of the raidleader
'strIn = the read-in string
replace(strIn, "You pick", strRL & " picks")

won't get easier

:D

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Ovron said:
Ixoth you slacker :twak: ;
'strRL = holds the name of the raidleader
'strIn = the read-in string
replace(strIn, "You pick", strRL & " picks")

won't get easier

:D

Hi Ovvie, hehe txs for the tip :cheers:

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Tears said:

Well there are two areas in the dialog, because not all raids have mods. If you don't have a raid where is mod involved, then go ahead and press the >> button, clear the grid by pressing "Clear the grid" (incase u have there something as content). Then once you've defined the chat.log path to the top left in the dialog, go ahead and press the "Check winners" button. IF in the chat.log are "pick a random" texts then the grid to the bottom left will be populated IF the lottoing was done with the random /xxx (where /xxx states the max lotto number and it is equal to the highest roll text box value in the dialog).

So to recap, if you don't get any rows to the bottom left grid, then:
a) you didn't have chat logging on
b) you didn't remember to close the logging
c) the value of highest roll text field in the dialog didn't match the random /xxx value in the game (the utility explicitly compares this value from the chat log)

If you run a raid with mods, then please fill the mod list grid to the right first by first providing valid path to the chat log (follow instructions above), and then hit the button to get the grid populated. After that use the methods posted above, to get the grid to the left populated (the chat log is again been parsed of the "picks random" strings, but those are compared to the player names to the mod list. If player has a mod, then the mod is added to his rolling, if not then the player with his rolling value is added to the grid to the bottom left).

After all those are done, you can click on grid's columns, to get it sorted either by player name or by roll value.

Hope that cleared a bit of the program's functionality. :fluffle:

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
What I mean, is when you load up the app theres a nice dialogue box to ask for the Chat file, so you set your chat.log

Then go Tools -> Lotto Parser

And your asked for the chat file again ?

Did some more testing, got my other account to /random 1000 - they got 78 :) set the parser to say highest roll should be 100, and my other account showed as the highest roll, so no way to see if people rolled a higher number than was asked ? unless they get over the maximum and its obvious then.

But its still a great app :) cant wait to use it after some raids - really hate all that sifting through lotto

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Ohh and still cant figure out the mod list thing - damn it cant be this complex :) im just stupid.

Have a file saved from excel with name (tab) mod (cr)
Load the mod list... no names appear

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
Ohh and still cant figure out the mod list thing - damn it cant be this complex :) im just stupid.

Have a file saved from excel with name (tab) mod (cr)
Load the mod list... no names appear

Ok i was stupid mod format should be mod (tab) name.

Working now :)

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Tears said:
Ok i was stupid mod format should be mod (tab) name.

Working now :)

Good that you got it working for u :)

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Who have downloaded 1.07 today, please redownload it again. The clip board functionality of the program (that is to import mod list from clip board to the mod list grid), had a bug. Hopefully its working now on everyone's computers. Please test, and lemme know, txs.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
V1.08 is available for grabs. The mod list clip board import seemed to be a biatch to implement, so here is another try. This should now work better.

Remember always to uninstall previous version of the utility before installing new one.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
V1.09 is now available, added support for <modvalue><tab><tab>playername<crlf> format in mod list import.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
More use from this - and more feedback :)

Can we set a default in options for the max roll, i normaly use 1000 so have to change this every time

Can we have an option to disable the "confirm kill log file" popup box

And finaly, when you click CHECK FOR WINNERS, could it also automaticaly sort the results ?

Just after ways to save click time during raids, but its a truely fantastic tool :worthy: :worthy:

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Tears said:
More use from this - and more feedback :)

Can we set a default in options for the max roll, i normaly use 1000 so have to change this every time

Can we have an option to disable the "confirm kill log file" popup box

And finaly, when you click CHECK FOR WINNERS, could it also automaticaly sort the results ?

Just after ways to save click time during raids, but its a truely fantastic tool :worthy: :worthy:

Thanks for the feedback. :cheers:

It should save the max roll value to the ini file thou (located in the program's directory). Funny, I'll have to check on that.

I'll add those features to the next release.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Ixoth said:
Thanks for the feedback. :cheers:

It should save the max roll value to the ini file thou (located in the program's directory). Funny, I'll have to check on that.

I'll add those features to the next release.

Ok it does, sorry my box is a little more locked down than normal :) saving the max roll now and working as intended.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
V1.0.10 is now available,

+added to the Options dialog, chat log delete confirmation overrides.
!now program automatically sorts the order of players in the grid.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Ixoth said:
V1.0.10 is now available,

+added to the Options dialog, chat log delete confirmation overrides.
!now program automatically sorts the order of players in the grid.

MAGIC !!!!

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Tears said:
MAGIC !!!!

Txs :)

Oh, version 1.0.11 now available:
+Modified the user interface (to better I hope).

Comments please of the new interface thanks ;) also report any bugs and possible feedback.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Ahh now that is better, can go right to the lotto parser :)

Running a few raids back on hib/excal this week so will let you know how things go :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Some long term enhancements/ideas

The person running the lotto is still not parsed

Automaticaly show cheaters, anyone that rolls more than once is highlighted in red

Automaticaly show bad rolls, anyone rolling anything other than the "max roll" is highlighted yellow

Automaticaly show winners, anyone that had the top roll before is highlighted in green (list of winners resets when application is shut down, or a "reset winners" box clicked)

And maybe a better mod parser (one day... a long long way away) could import from TAB or COMMA delimited file (or excel) and the user selects which columns to use for mod & name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom