Arrrrgh the BBC is at it again...

C

cadiva

BBC plugs EverQuest yet again

This has got to be about the 5th or 6th story I've seen on bloody EverQuest on the damn BBC technology section of their online news web site.

I think it's about time I had a word with the peeps I know who work for the Beeb and find out who the closet EQ fan is and start asking them when they're gonna plug every other MMORPG that's out there as regularly ;)

T

Teh Krypt

While your at it tell them to put tennis on bbc 3 and up.

and give normal simpsons, neighburs ect back

B

Belsameth

Everquest is one of the biggest and widest known ones..
I'm sure it would mean a lot less to their readers if they mentioned stuff like Legend of Miir

H

Hargh

Lol at that article. Like people play female characters to explore what it's like to swap genders !!!

There are few female trolls and ogres they say - I wonder why?

F

Flimgoblin

heh saw an advert for Abbey National masquerading as an info piece on web usability on the bbc...

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
While your at it tell them to put tennis on bbc 3 and up.

and give normal simpsons, neighburs ect back

Put Neighbours on channel 176 imo and give more tennis on major channels.

M

mirieth

The Simpsons > Tim Henman getting pwned imo!

Z

Zill

To spammers: I think you'll find the topic of this thread is about the game Everquest, and not tennis or neighbours. :rolleyes:

C

cadiva

Originally posted by Belsameth
Everquest is one of the biggest and widest known ones..
I'm sure it would mean a lot less to their readers if they mentioned stuff like Legend of Miir

We're talking the average internet user who uses the BBC web site for their online news, you think someone's 45-year-old mother-in-law in West Hampstead will have a clue what EverQuest is? Me thinks not :rolleyes:

It's yet another pointless advertisement for EQ via a so-called 'news' story and I would love to know how much Verant/Sony have paid their PR people to keep feeding info to the little bugger that keeps writing these!

Believe me, I've been a journalist for over 14 years, that story is bollox and wouldn't rate more than two paragraphs in any newspaper worth it's salt even if they were struggling for anything to put on their once a month technology page and I'm damn sure it wouldn't have got further than the newsdesk wastebin if there wasn't someone on the BBC online team who plays EQ ;)

M

mirieth

Originally posted by Zill
To spammers: I think you'll find the topic of this thread is about the game Everquest, and not tennis or neighbours. :rolleyes:

It's also about the BBC and that's what people who were going slightly off the topic were talking about?

Here, let me help you with that stick...

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by mirieth
The Simpsons > Tim Henman getting pwned imo!

The simpsons needed to die approximately 8 to 10 series ago, imo.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Nothing, I repeat, NOTHING is better than watching that humourless gimp, Henman, getting his ass kicked. :D

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
Nothing, I repeat, NOTHING is better than watching that humourless gimp, Henman, getting his ass kicked. :D

yeah there is, wachting belgian farmer dauthers pwn everybody else :)

C

cadiva

Originally posted by Sissyfoo

Hehe, even being a Brit I have to agree with this, he is the most miserable git I've ever seen. Can't believe how much support the crowd give him when he never seems to be even the slightest bit encouraged/lifted/appreciative of it.

Although Greg Redwotsisface made me laugh yesterday with his amusing outburst at the poor old umpire.

T

The Kingpin

Originally posted by old.LandShark

Never! long live homer and his funny antics.

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by old.LandShark

You need to die imo for saying such things.

M

Munkey-

Conclusive proof that Rusedski is canadian if i may say so. Now if it was Henman he would've said quietly "damn the blighter, he jolly well put me off". But not so from the canadian. The british flag was half-way up the mast before that game but now its been ripped asunder and replaced with the maple leaf.

Couldnt be more canadian than if he sprouted antlers from his head

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by The Kingpin
Never! long live homer and his funny antics.

Sadly enough, Homer isn't even funny anymore. Landshark is right, but about 2 series ago instead.

T

The Kingpin

Bull shit, the Simpsons gets better and better.

More funny and better quality, look at a episode 6 years ago, and how crap it was, so how great they are now.

O

old.LandShark

I just find it verging on the criminal that Futurama gets cancelled, Invader Zim gets cancelled and the Simpsons chugs on into it's... what... 14th series?
Repeat but with Farscape and Star Trek :p

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

And Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiirefly! Wah! When I figure out how to give myself super human powers (without killing myself in the process) I am gonna kick the snot out of the TV executives. Bar stewards.

Its bad enough that they cancel good, original shows but to keep making episodes of programs like...Fear Factor and America's Dumbest Criminals?! WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY ON?! :eek:

"Hey guys, you know what everyone loves to watch? Young americans eating maggoty cheese and swimming in a bath full of pig rectums and tapeworms. Cha-CHING!"

~sniff~

I hate them so much. :(

F

Flimgoblin

I only ever watch that because the TV is on for the simpsons and I forget to change channels (until I hear people throwing up maggots and going "ewww uhh that's so horrible" in a voice that just screams "I'm a stupid moron that's been inflicted on you via the medium of TV")

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom