Arrow-merchant-request

C

Cowled

I'm a lvl 50 scout on excalibur, and duh, im an archer with "arrows".. it's actually just some stick with feathers on.

When i port to emain, or just manage to get into DF, before closing, i ANOY me... when i forget to buy arrows (or run out).

No arrow-merchants around.

Really anoying when your class doesn't really work without, so .. more merchants! :)

/Cowled

O

old.chesnor

Always makes me chuckle how archers can forget arrows. I mean DERRRR!

Wizard1 : OK mate, you are main tank ok ?
Armsman : Sorry, can't do that, I forget my sword innit!!!

Look familiar?? No, of course not...

I always suspected people who rolled archers were muppets. You have just confirmed my suspicion. kthxbye.

O

old.Normengast

Originally posted by old.chesnor
Always makes me chuckle how archers can forget arrows. I mean DERRRR!

Wizard1 : OK mate, you are main tank ok ?
Armsman : Sorry, can't do that, I forget my sword innit!!!

Look familiar?? No, of course not...

I always suspected people who rolled archers were muppets. You have just confirmed my suspicion. kthxbye.

That would be the first armsman I know that tosses swords to his opponents instead of slicin' them...

T

Tesla Monkor

Problem with arrows is that you run out and NOT NOTICE IT. That is, until you try to shoot that alb/mid/hib that is charging you. Oops. Out of arrows. (It's happened to me twice so far.. x_X)

An armsman never runs out of sword, does he? So your comparison is pretty stupid. ;P

Archers are the only class that need to continually buy ammo to be able to fight. No other class is as dependent on merchants than we are. (No, assassins do not count. They can still do damage without poisons.) ;)

An arrow-merchant in the PK is not too much to ask. :)

M

Murcalumis

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
An armsman never runs out of sword, does he? So your comparison is pretty stupid. ;P

Archers are the only class that need to continually buy ammo to be able to fight. No other class is as dependent on merchants than we are. (No, assassins do not count. They can still do damage without poisons.) ;)

- An Armsman's sword can break, hence him not having a weapon to fight with. 'No sword! It's broken!'

- What's that spear of yours for then? You can't do damage with that? Hmm?

I know I'm being pedantic, but... pah. I'm in that sort of mood.

S

starblade

Agree with Cowled ....

Maybe not on forgetting them .... but damn, these things are heavy. I dont know how it is at higher levels since I only have one at lvl 24 but for a 'reasonable' amount of arrows ... there is no more room for loot.

Also happens very regularly that you're playing PvE or are in BG and having fun and then .... out of arrows. Always such a long run back to the merchants or the nearest lathe.

S

shani

Originally posted by Murcalumis

- An Armsman's sword can break, hence him not having a weapon to fight with. 'No sword! It's broken!'

- What's that spear of yours for then? You can't do damage with that? Hmm?

I know I'm being pedantic, but... pah. I'm in that sort of mood.

Agrees with Vincible :) When you run out of arrows just get your sword out and have a slice at em

I

Icecreamsheep

Agreed with this comment.

The number of times ill be hunting irewoods outside of cain, and the closest arrow merchant is in Mag Mell :(, or your hunting in upplands and have got to try and get all the way across midgard, port back to ligen, get more arrows, port back to midgard, then get back to upplands alive :|.

I cant wait for the patch where the arrows become lighter and you are able to stack them in bundles of 100. I think its one of the 1.54 patches where that happens (ie rangers finally get some loving!).

All that we are asking for is an arrow merchant on the "other side" of the ports, ie in midgard and in albion. And maybe one in cain so that we dont have to run off for almost 30 mins just to get some more arrows!. Oh yeah, and one in DF would be very nice. At the moment arrow users have to leave DF to get more arrows, which is damn annoying when you have just lost access to DF. So please, some more loving for us arrow users.

And before anyone points out that we can have the piercing / blades / CD weapons if your specced in bow then you pretty much have to nerf your melee weapons :(. Therefore, without arrows Rangers at least are almost useless if they are bow specced :(.

Sheepy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom