Arrival of New Blood

M

membrain

I tip my hat to all you good Hibernians, hoping you will welcome me among your ranks.

I am a former Healer of Midgard (US server) and I have been away from the game for quite some time.

I have decided to play a Hibernian character on Prydwen. My main interest lies in exploring the RvR aspect of DaoC - something I was prevented from on the US server due to time difference (I live in Denmark).

I'd would appreciate some advice on which race and class to play - preferably a nice RvR combination.

My thanks I give to you, and I'll be seeing you in Hibernia.

D

daphatfriar

I'd stay away from stealth classes as they are living hell to level (well for me they have been hehe).

/y Ranger 42 lfg pls :)

I'm sure people are bored of hearing me say that I apologise for saying it so often. I apologise to also to GoS for much the same the thing as well lol.

L

lakih

Enchanter is the flavour of the month... Easy to solo with, easy to get grps with, very good in rvr... fun to play (had a lowbie chanter for ages).

Warden is quite good too... easy to solo with (might be low on dps with some spec), easy to get grps with (pbt), doing quite good in rvr... never played one myself but i enjoy playing with them alot.

Hib/prydwen lacks of good assasins so NS would be welcome... but as of any stealther they are almost impossible to get into grps (even tho the have one of the highest dps in the game) and you are bound to solo alot.

Druid is similiar to the healer in its role as mainhealer... but you will miss those lovley cc abilities you have as a healer...

Mentalist - often wanted in grps (if you tell the group what you can do :rolleyes: ) and it seems like we are running alittle low on them...

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by lakih

Druid is similiar to the healer in its role as mainhealer... but you will miss those lovley cc abilities you have as a healer...

You get a funky pet and DoT, though - well, if you spec nature affinity high.

aka BattleDruid (tm) ;)

L

lakih

The funky pet is quite funny... i like the cat best... i have a lvl 23 "Battle druid" and im enjoing it quite alot... altho i find my lvl 19 healer more fun atm :).

V

vai

Welcome to hibernia / pry ...hope you enjoy :)

Vai lvl 50 enchanter

J

Jonaldo

Find a character class you like the sound of and play it, don't let people tell you what to do or how to play the game, just enjoy it and try to have as much fun as you can.

S

Shike

welcome to Hibbieland \o/

I would suggest a warden if you want a char that is good at most things, they also have it very easy to lvl up since they are sought after in groups, and perform well in RvR.

If you are in for a tough time to lvl up, make a ranger, if you want an ever harder time, make a NS. Prepare to solo a lot.

Warden, Druid, Bard, Shieldtanks, PBae-casters are the ones that are fast to lvl up in hib now as I see it, since they have an easy time to find groups.

E

Eldunidal

Welcome Membrain ! :)

I played on US/Iseult/Albion before :)

Where are you from?

And another thing...

CORNELL PWNZ ALL OFF YOU!

[Download Warriors.mpg @ Camelotvault.com]

T

TheGap

From my experience.....

Wardens are much loved, but they kind of dull to play (masters of the AFK hit bubble, go watch footie). They stroke the enemy rather than hit them and unless you spec your weapon the soloing is a bit slow.

Chanters can lvl while sitting down! Have to solo reds for any excitement.

My battledruid gives me the most fun, once you get past the initial confusion of explaining that your buffs are crap as you have a nurture spec of 2! They get a pet so soloing is fun. They have some CC, healing, and wear scale. Work well in PvE and give many an enemy stealther a shock when that staff carrying, cloth wearing mage they just sttempted to PA is suddenly a Scale wearing, mace swinging, Dot casting, pet owning Druid who just insta healed themselves back to full HP. I reccomend rolling a fully nature specced druid just for BG1 as your pet can usually solo anyone it finds and will get more kills than you :) The most fun I've ever had in this game is seeing my pet bounding over a hill bringing me back some XP or RPs.

If you want attention then play a bard. The words "sorry grp full m8" will become alien to you and you'll laugh as speed past those poor tanks crawling around the realm casting envious glances at your disapearing heels. And AOE mezzing a group of Mobs or Enemys while you spam the laughs and calmly pick them off one by one is very satisfying.

Stealthers are a nightmare to lvl but all the frustration can be worked out on the battlefield as you pick off unsuspecting enemies and invisibly watch the carnage you have created.

But most of all welcome. Hib/Pryd is a land where the Leaf is of the finest quality and the welcome usually warm. If you get any griefers then just wait a while, someone will show you a kindness that will reafirm your faith in the Realm. Be it in the form of buffs, money or just advice, there's always someone to help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread