arrg Minstrel ML's which one?

Seroquell

Fledgling Freddie
cos they both seem to suck ass really badly...

the only highlights are from what i can see:

grp breathing underwater / 30% extra encumb (nice for crafters i suppose/ or ram carriers)

Bodyguard is not very good on a non sheild speccing class (atleast inmho)
yey i can hit keep doors for the same dmg as a ram!! woot..../sarcasm off

anyone give a reason why they chose theres, cos i see a lot of minstrels specc'd quite differently, but tbh i really dont see a reason to take either, like i said other than the extra 30% encum/breathing underwater which is about all i like... /sigh why did we get a shit one?

Mawinax

Fledgling Freddie
I picked Sojourner.

Zephyr and shade looks rly usefull.
Group teleport and resistence to elemental somehow usefull.
Single teleport, underwater breathing and vendor has a limited use.
Trap skill - dunno - has to wait and see how these are used.

main reason not to pick warlord is that there are a lot of shared timers. Think it 2-5 and 6-7 that share them. However the ML10 extra AP/BOF is uber.

Mawina
Senior officer in Herfølge Boldklub

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Seroquell said:
Bodyguard is not very good on a non sheild speccing class (atleast inmho)
yey i can hit keep doors for the same dmg as a ram!! woot..../sarcasm off

anyone give a reason why they chose theres, cos i see a lot of minstrels specc'd quite differently, but tbh i really dont see a reason to take either, like i said other than the extra 30% encum/breathing underwater which is about all i like... /sigh why did we get a shit one?

you don't get Battlemaster as a minstrel.

You get Warlord: faster siege operation, 10% hp/end/mana shout etc.

Seroquell

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
you don't get Battlemaster as a minstrel.

You get Warlord: faster siege operation, 10% hp/end/mana shout etc.

yeah i knew what i meant =P but still it really seems to suck when pretty much all the good ones are on the same timer....bah... didnt see the shade one tbh..looks nice picking up hibbies/mids and planting em in aggro and stuff heh...nice to pick up healers and plonk em in a patch of aggro mobs....but still id rather have a choice of ANY other ML than these 2...almost seems a waste of time to bother tbh, the HP/END/POW just about makes it worth while, but then after that not much point... may just zerg upto that ML ability and leave it, not like ML for mincers are good enough to make any major difference... still probably go for Sojourner..the only thing worth while will be the water and tornado picking people up

bult

Loyal Freddie
minstrel MLs is pretty nice, be glad you aint a caster and get convoker/stormlord...

i would pick sojourner atleast if you group with your minstrel.

2 Unending Breath - group water breathing <- nice in pve
8 Forceful Zephyr - summons pet that drags enemy to GT
9 Phase Shift - Become immune to damage for 10 seconds, but cannot attack. Costs 50 fatigue

and also to some extent
10 Mass Gateway - teleport entire group back to caster's last bind point

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
well sojourner have a few things imo that is worth haveing...

2 Unending Breath - group water breathing <- PVE ONLY !!!
8 Forceful Zephyr - summons pet that drags enemy to GT <- only reason to pick it
9 Phase Shift - Become immune to damage for 10 seconds, but cannot attack. Costs 50 fatigue <- well suxx if u are solo tbh...
10 Mass Gateway - teleport entire group back to caster's last bind point <-- wohoo somewhere that the grp can go home ^^

Warlord have some really nice stuff imo !

1 Siege Master - reduce all siege timers (load/aim/fire) by 30% <- very usefull imo
2 Bolstering Battlecry - heal power, fatigue, and health by 10% of max <- Very nice ! short timer...
8 Defending Martyr - sacrifice health to heal allies <- Uber !!! gonna get changed to a shout( this 1 + IP is UBER!!! )
9 Leadership - raise levels of friends for dmg calcs <- nice tbh
10 unknown to me untill... yesterday when I found this !!!
http://vnboards.ign.com/Trials_of_Atlantis:_Master_Levels/b22591/65570800/?6
45 Second duration, 750 Radius PBAE shout, +25 ABS.

and I'm warlord btw :clap:

Seroquell

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:
well sojourner have a few things imo that is worth haveing...

2 Unending Breath - group water breathing <- PVE ONLY !!!
8 Forceful Zephyr - summons pet that drags enemy to GT <- only reason to pick it
9 Phase Shift - Become immune to damage for 10 seconds, but cannot attack. Costs 50 fatigue <- well suxx if u are solo tbh...
10 Mass Gateway - teleport entire group back to caster's last bind point <-- wohoo somewhere that the grp can go home ^^

Warlord have some really nice stuff imo !

1 Siege Master - reduce all siege timers (load/aim/fire) by 30% <- very usefull imo
2 Bolstering Battlecry - heal power, fatigue, and health by 10% of max <- Very nice ! short timer...
8 Defending Martyr - sacrifice health to heal allies <- Uber !!! gonna get changed to a shout( this 1 + IP is UBER!!! )
9 Leadership - raise levels of friends for dmg calcs <- nice tbh
10 unknown to me untill... yesterday when I found this !!!
http://vnboards.ign.com/Trials_of_Atlantis:_Master_Levels/b22591/65570800/?6

and I'm warlord btw :clap:

yeah thats all very well but the benefits of Warlord are negated by the fact theyre on the same timer...i mean ffs...u get 3-4 REALLY nice abilities and yey mythic puts em so u can only use one at a time on the same friggin timer!! go go nerfing mythic..ffs...if its THAT overpowering give them longer re-use timers then.. ruined a good ML tbh.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Stop whining. At least you don't have to choose between Stormlord and Convoker.

Light

Loyal Freddie
i still think warlords better - thats what i went for anyway unlike you other fotm's .. and it sounds better than sojourngheyer or whatever it is :D

bult

Loyal Freddie
forceful zephyr will be soooo nice to have vs pbae groups :eek:

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
forceful zephyr will be soooo nice to have in pbae groups :D

Our main minstrel (Sunwolf) is going for Sojourner just for the drag-to-gt... If its crap, a respec wont be 'that' hard (just very costly unless you win a stone)...

But in the end I just have to agree with Belomar...

At least you don't have to choose between Stormlord and Convoker.

Light

Loyal Freddie
with all the other jobs a minc should be doing in a grp I just can't see how he's gonna have time to piss about setting up the forceful zephyr as it can be a pain to setup from what i understand

suppose you'll find out whether thats true in due time ;)

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Light said:
with all the other jobs a minc should be doing in a grp I just can't see how he's gonna have time to piss about setting up the forceful zephyr as it can be a pain to setup from what i understand

suppose you'll find out whether thats true in due time ;)
/groundset 1000
press zephyr button.

almost like a dw infil!

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Don't forget the run technique for dragging someone who's beating on the doors of a keep you're defending into the waiting arms of your tanks inside the courtyard...

Light

Loyal Freddie
not convinced :p

although it must bitch when somone uses it on u :D

Ethiraseth

Fledgling Freddie
think they both kinda suck, did ML 1 and decided it isnt worth doing 50 hours of raids for like one nice ability, so abandonded ML's totally. Too much trouble for too less imo. Warlord looks nice but putting 5 abilities on same timer :puke:

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Ethiraseth said:
think they both kinda suck, did ML 1 and decided it isnt worth doing 50 hours of raids for like one nice ability, so abandonded ML's totally. Too much trouble for too less imo. Warlord looks nice but putting 5 abilities on same timer :puke:

ffs....

the things u will be useing will be : 1(passive), 2, 8, 9(offensive) and 10(defensive) anyways (maybe the pet run away thing aswell if it ain't bugged in RvR)

that is 2 and the pet thing that is on same timer.... and 9 and 10.... rest is crap anyways..

in sonjojojoororroor the only usefull thing is the drag to GT.....1 thing... 1 timer... Yea... wow... then I would rather have 5 thgings on 3 timers tbh...

Ethiraseth

Fledgling Freddie
could be, but not going to spend insane amounts of time getting them. and would need a ML respec anyway since i went sojourner.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I do MLs for fun (and they are fun!) and the access to high-ML dungeons with uber drops (hello, Aerus City!), not for the crappy ML paths I get to choose between.

NoBrains

Fledgling Freddie
Warlord I think :)

Convoker is not that bad when u're in apk and open 3guard + self bt u get 4hit free!
oops forgot that's just a savage 1button click

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom