Army waiting at Aribards Retreat

P

[PS]Venom

Army waiting at Aribards Retreat -Caer Witrin is now ours again.

As I write this Herne from Crack Suicide Squad has an army of mercenaries under his control waiting at aribards retreat.

We need anyone available as we intend to assault caer witrin shortly.

Meeting point is Aribards retreat.

F

Flimgoblin

take screenies!

Me wanna see army (since it'll be gone before I get home no doubt)

P

[PS]Venom

We now have Caer Witrin back, due to us using ditry tricks on the mega tough keep commander.

We pulled him back to the Aribards Retreat Pier bindstone and proceeded to /release him to death.

I would like to thank all who attended, we got him in the end.

Good job. :)

I'll sort some screenies out soon. (I was playing my minstrel alt :) )

P

[PS]Venom

Here's a few screens I took -

Got them working again :)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

And this is the story of the raid!

Having logged my minstrel alt, for speed, myself and Shinytoughchick decided to go looking in camelot for some NPCs to talk to - having read the prydwen boards they mentioned an NPC called Gareth who had something to do with mercenaries.

He wouldn't talk to me unfortunatly, but however when trying keywords he responded to shinytoughchick. It appears Gareth was trying to recruit Snow's band of mercenaries to help retake Caer Witrin, but she wouldn't deal with him unless he paid her a LOT of money. Apparantly the two have them have had runins in the past. Gareth appears to be a bit of a ladies man, figure it out ;)

Shiny talked to him about mercenaries - it appears because he was trying to hire some, he talked to her, being a merc. Gareth asked Shiny to help him persuade Snow, to tell her that we needed her help.

Shiny tried several keywords - unfortunatly she hit on the wrong one, which was geersha. Snow then decided not to talk to her ever again as she thought attacking the geershas was a bad idea.

We then contacted the guild, and Herne, another mercenary (By this point we had realised only mercenaries could perform this part of the event) came to our aid, and managed not to piss Snow off. We mislead her, told her we needed her aid in killing bandits in avalon marsh.

Snow agreed, and as far as I understand, told Herne to speak to a mercenary called Feather in Aribards retreat.

With Herne in tow we moved off to avalon marsh to speak to Feather there, who when herne broached the subject with her, she gave him a pendant to control a mercenary army with. Sure enough, they soon arrived at aribards retreat.

It was at this point we started contacting the realm.

A force amassed, and we slowly advanced the mercenaries, which although not entirely 100% unbugged, we managed to start an assault on Witrin. (After having to send them all over the place to get them to attack)

As we brought them to the bridge, a gaurd caught our attention - congratulating us on bringing the mercenaries to help witrin. This was a GOA staff member as far as I believe :)

The AI was a little bugged as after our forces slaughtered the geershas outside Caer Witrin, the mercenaries stood outside and didn't do much, which meant our forces had to brave the might of the keep commander ourselves.

After suffering heavy losses, we began to pull back, and managed to lure the enemy commander out of the keep. As he slaughtered us, he attacked me, and we all fell back to the bindstone as I managed to make him follow me there.

We then proceeded to /release kick the absolute crap out of him.

After he died, which was a battle royale, we moved back to witrin and with the aid of Lord Fiandre, we managed to kill the remaining forces.

Witrin is ours again. Long live albion!

I

Infernus

Oh great noe eveyonr gets to see my typos and general weird saying's. U did this on purpose didn't u hein :p

P

[PS]Venom

Yup, of course I did. ;)

Hell, I did check to see if there was anything too bad on the chatlog before I uploaded them ;)

Z

Zargar

Congrats to all who participated and to Herne and his bodyguards for controlling the mercenaries really well. It was no easy task but, I took a few sneak peaks, you did great and Albion showed extremely good teamwork.

Well done.

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Zargar
Congrats to all who participated and to Herne and his bodyguards for controlling the mercenaries really well. It was no easy task but, I took a few sneak peaks, you did great and Albion showed extremely good teamwork.

Well done.

Thanks, I take it you were the gaurd ;) Sorry for following you around like a lost puppy at one point but it was rather cool having you pop in like that ;)

H

Herne

Thanks all

Thanks Zargar,

Sorry I didn't stop and chat a little longer to lorric, as you popped I'd just ordered the blades army to move out and was searching for stragglers.

The merc army is cool if a little bugged. They worked extremely well and were fun to control. Could you pm me?

Thanks to all for an amazing raid, Good job.

Special Thanks to CSS,

Shiny and Hienrich in particular, without their help the army may have just sat there.

I have parked the mercs at witrin for the moment, to aid the defenders. Sister Marthe and Loki (sp?) the stablemaster are both there, so again a healer and stablemaster are present at Witrin.

If we need to move the army contact CSS, we will move them to intercept geersha raids as long as they last. Be warned for the moment they have limited waypoints, so no excursions to emain for them! ( :( )

Herne thehunter (lvl 48 Mercenary)
General of Crack suicide Squad,
Current commandant of the Blades Mercenary unit

P

[PS]Venom

Yeah, as far as I understand they can go between Arbards Retreat, the road near the Stable, the X roads near the bridge, Avalon side of witrin Bridge, Witrin, and Cornwall station.

It's still quite fun seeing them running around. :)

A

Albus

Grats

Nice one guys. Wish i had been on to see it.

Keep up the good work CSS you might get your Christmas bonus yet:)

B

BrassMonkey

What? Christmas Bonus! Gimme! I want ummmm more money for crafting......ummm monkeys...ummm cookies....and ummm a pingu nightlight!

Anyway can all the stealthers meet please, we need to find a way to sneak up on Herne and steal his 'big' hat.

M

Miffo

wow nice one guys for figuring out we had to get the army of mercenarys to help us ;)

Wish i could of been there with my merc :(

W

wildiearly

gratz herne hien and shy on sorting it all out
but what was the lvl of that boss ?? anyone know
i think i died every 10 secs lol
oh and thanks to fangrim for beliving my pm (after a fashion :) )
in getting his guild and friends to come along and play

S

statix

Grats and well done to CSS for figuring it out and getting command of the Merc Army.

For all those who havent seen it , I suggest you take a look , its really fun to see Shiny controling them and sending them up to CWS or down to the bridge

Her own personel army ;)

/cheer CSS

F

Flimgoblin

Lord Fiandre : Good Lorric. We may get problems with Snow when she finds out what the mercenaries were used for, I do not want Herne sacrificed, is that clear ?

erp! :)

M

Miffo

ouch - Herne watch ur back u might get attacked by snow or something :)

P

[PS]Venom

If he does get attacked, he's stuffed, Snow and her chums are red/purple to level50 ;)

S

'Shy

Now that would be a funny sight - Herne being chased through the streets of Camelot by 3 odd looking very purple dudes..

S

stupidshady

ya then we can place bets on how long he will outrun em :)

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by stupidshady
ya then we can place bets on how long he will outrun em :)

Not very long. The Mute, one of Snow's cronies, appears to be a powerful mage of some sort. He's almsot certainly got ranged attacks.

And then there's Rock the giant. :uhoh:

H

Herne

I'll Get me coat

Right time to respec those rsps to tireless, longwind and some kind of magical resist....

Er.......I mean I'll fight them honourably, now wheres the kick in the nabs button

Seriously, should be interresting to find out what happens next. Just remember shiny and hienie your involved too.... muahaha

P

[PS]Venom

Re: I'll Get me coat

Originally posted by doombane
Seriously, should be interresting to find out what happens next. Just remember shiny and hienie your involved too.... muahaha

Yeah, but next patch I can sprint longer than you can. Muahaha.

Mind you see earlier comment about The Mute...

:eek:

Oh well. I'll jsut have to get ready to go bombing through camelot, I'll go seek sanctuary in the church ;)

H

Herne

Sprint?

Maybe not Hienie, I think Mercs get the light tank endurance patch soon, maybe next patch. Not sure. No we can't regen endurance but its something like we use less and can chase mids and hibs down in Rvr for virtually no endurance use.

Probably on a timer though.

Well we will see.

Herne thehunter (lvl 49 merc)
<Crack Suicide Squad>

P

[PS]Venom

Re: Sprint?

Originally posted by doombane
Maybe not Hienie, I think Mercs get the light tank endurance patch soon, maybe next patch. Not sure. No we can't regen endurance but its something like we use less and can chase mids and hibs down in Rvr for virtually no endurance use.

Probably on a timer though.

Well we will see.

Herne thehunter (lvl 49 merc)
<Crack Suicide Squad>

I dunno what mercs get, I haven't ever really had to look into it. Isn't it something like flurry? Apparantly it does pretty good in RvR. :)

But hell, what do I know, I'm just a gimp ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom