Armsmen....

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
And even better news :D

Wether your all aware of it or not, the reason DR was changed to Frontal Opening is because in 1.83 mythic screwed it up and the style no longer worked. 1.84a is there way of fixing it as for some reason they were unable to change it back to how it was before.

Which obviously means 1.83 is bad news for us. Or was going to be, I asked GOA to see if they could do anything about it before the bug in 1.83 goes live and DR stops working.

Hurray for GOA having more sense then Mythic ;)
----------------------------------------------
Subject
A bug warning in advance

Discussion Thread
Response (TEST) 05/23/2006 05:29 PM
Hello again,

I've had time to test this style on our 1.83 test servers and it is indeed not functioning correctly. However many times I get styled, I will always fail when trying to ripost with Defenders Rage. As for the "why" it's broen, that's beyond my knowledge of the game as ingame everything looks normal (and it must be something to do with the code which I don't have access to).

However I did take a look on Pendragon at the 1.84 US version of the style and found out what they changed to fix it. I've tested the fix on our 1.83 servers and it works. Finally I spoke with Mythic and asked if we could apply the 1.84 fix to our 1.83 version and they said that was fine.

So in conclusion, thanks to your help, Armsmans on the Euro servers will have the 1.84 style in version 1.83. The only difference will be that the icon will still be the 1.83 one, not the 1.84 one. I'll make sure it's included in the release news items when the version is released so everyone is aware of this change.

Best regards,

Erivoss.

---------------------------------------

Rock on Armsmen !

warkrusher

Fledgling Freddie
Yay :> and tks Kagato hehe now lets just wait that the patch comes out and lay DR on casters :D

Corran

Part of the furniture
Eeben said:
dont we get patch 1.83 an 1.84 at same time?

Nope, at least it seems not.

GoA are trying to keep us closer up to date with Mythic servers, now they have only just started working on the patch for 1.84, in fact it been out for just 6 days, and that just the first part of the patch.

In general you looking at probably a minimum of 4 more parts which will take it a month minimum before they ready to patch the actual servers. From there you looking for them to wait to check that the patch is stable then they will get it ready for GoA to work on meaning be at least 2months probably from now before the EU translation is done.

Some assumptions here on time, but you get teh drift. GoA already testing the next patch getting it ready for us. Could mean we have it in as little as a week depending how far they got. They wont wait to release that which can only be a good thing.

Edit: Maybe i should speak to them about theurgist pets, as 1.83 i cant cast on phaseshift people but in 1.84 i can :( but can safely say not worth asking them not to implement that particular part of the patch :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom