Armsmen : Read this and weep

O

old.Ashgen

More “retired” tags?

It would seem there will be a few more “retired” tags appearing along side Armsmen sigs.

Ashgen was my first character, and in a nice group can be quite fun to play. I find more and more however that I am just the meat to take the agro and die, while the caster classes stand back and reap the realm points.

But … if all the Albion tanks leave the game, where would that leave the rest of the classes who need us to function?

Mind you it’s the same with my Cleric. If there are no tanks who are capable/willing to protect me when I play my Cleric, I die quick as I am number one target.

It looks like I chose two great characters to play!

Oh well .. it’s only a game afterall.

Regards

Ash

:mad:

P

Powahhh

sums
mythic knows shit about balance and customer support....
i want to see their faces when swg comes out....what will gonna do? i want to really see

:clap: mythic :clap:

:puke::puke::puke:

T

Tranquil-

And now some moderator has deleted the thread. ;)

K

Kagato.

The threads gone, did anyone copy/paste it anywhere?

fess up, whats mythic screwed up now?

P

Pin

Arms TL quit due to Mythic not giving a shit about the TL program.

R

Repent Reloaded

lmao, things r building up for SWG, I bet mythic r wetting their little panties!

S

stupidshady

idd, seems to be that pin....well he maybe didnt do something, but still if thats his reason its depressing :-(

K

Kagato.

Good one Mythic, give us all incentive to keep playing our hard levelled characters, already the cannon fodder of rvr, just as we're starting to drool over WoW.

S

stupidshady

well, I'm selling my acc thats for sure, if I find a buyer I'm so out of here

A

arrakeen

Mabey play your therugist? or is that allso a "gimp" ?

S

stupidshady

nope, my theur is fun, but if thats the only class I'm gonna play I'm gonna get bored......and no I'm not gonna lvl another lvl 50, forget it

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by Kagato.
The threads gone, did anyone copy/paste it anywhere?

fess up, whats mythic screwed up now?

It was a thread by the former armsman team leader, Schirf. He basically said that he had quit because mythic had told him they weren't intending making any improvements to the armsman class(despite all that he'd put in his TL report), and that just because the class hadn't been altered since release wasn't a reason to make alterations. He believed a number of things needed altering (i.e. what he'd put in his report) and so, given the mythic position, he quit. Basically folks we're gonna get sweet fa for our class in the forseeable future.

Edit: He's posted again - here:
http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=50044235&replies=4

And this is , I think, the key section:

"Mythic employees have expressed a position that they will not make changes to a class simply because it has been neglected. They also said that they do not want to address player morale issues caused by intangible imbalance or stagnation, even if that means the Armsman class never changes. "

B

B3rt4old

I found this on a us forum some where i cant remember now maybe worth a idea :) thought id post it again 4 u

"One thing I know the Mercs did, was rename their last name to BlackStar. It went something along the lines of Mythic having stars for certain points.

Red Star - Ideas that were interesting, and would be brought up, and discussed.

Blue Star - Definitely going in the next patch. The original problem had been reviewed, and agreed that it was broken and needed fixed.

Black Star - Ain't never gonna happen. Never. Don't put your money on it, don't wish upon a falling star, you won't see it, ever.

Many a merc's changed their last name to BlackStar across all the servers. And then announcements for 1.62 came out. Granted, this was before they only boosted DT, Bleed dmg, and Flank, but still, I believe it opened some eyes. If you're all interested in doing this (instead of canceling your account), post somewhere on the fighter board about doing this. Our brothers in arms (mercs) did, and it seemed to work out. Just an idea though. "

S

stupidshady

might be a nice / vry good idea......but what are the EU peeps gonna do if the mythic only looks at the US peeps.......just a tought, but the ideas nice

P

Pin

I think all Arms should change their lastnames to BrownStar

K

k0ugar

Originally posted by arrakeen
Mabey play your therugist? or is that allso a "gimp" ?

urm what char isnt gimped? mythic are going to shit themselves fact.. probs shitting rather large reinforced steel concrete breeze blocks... they are so going to lose alot of playes to swg..notto mention world of warcraft.. and planetside..mythic baby ur days are numbered

H

hercules-df

/me thinks things would be different if armsmen were in hib, Over a year from release they prolly would have 4 pets to back them up, all hitting twice as hard as mercs, and a few insta dd/mezz.

C

_-Coim-_

well, there goes the days of my armsman...time to respec ma wiz to ice :D and get 50 with that...

K

Kagato.

So basically Armsman have been given a big FU by Mythic.

In return, following the lastname proposition maybe we should return the gesture with FUMythic surnames.

S

stupidshady

I can dig that to, and while we at it, why not FUgoa to........

H

Hit ^_^

The message/s you requested could not be found or have been removed by a moderator.

giv /respec paladin.

B

baphomet

I haven't played my Armsman for ages anyway.
I just didn't find it that interesting.

But then I like playing my Rejuv cleric, and a lot of people find rejuv clerics boring.

Y

Yuanyuan

who cares TL, fecking TL, why i need that, i rock. Any way, if there is really a armsman TL, make armsman so uber etc, will u all go to kill mids, hibs?

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by B3rt4old
Many a merc's changed their last name to BlackStar across all the servers. And then announcements for 1.62 came out. Granted, this was before they only boosted DT, Bleed dmg, and Flank, but still, I believe it opened some eyes. If you're all interested in doing this (instead of canceling your account), post somewhere on the fighter board about doing this. Our brothers in arms (mercs) did, and it seemed to work out. Just an idea though.

The blackstar thing was a nice touch but didn't change a thing - stuff takes time to code - Sanya said it's about 3 months for game balance issues to get put in...

They only started the blackstar thing about 2 weeks before 1.62

That said it might put the point across :)

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=50044235&replies=69 is his reposted version (without stuff from the private boards which isn't allowed to be posted - he's reworded it)

He's quitting because he feels they don't need the TLs, Mythic have their own stats and tests and make up their own minds.

Armsmen might still get something (hope so - dual spec is so crap)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom