Armsman spec Rvsr

T

toffie

I my self am a armsman Shield/slash en in rvsr i really aint do a damn good , in group it is ok but still i am there only to take some blows die and whine for a rezz in emain for a long long time :p

Now i was thiking why do Slash it only adds damage on Cloth , studded and it does minus damage on al chain scaled etc
while the midds whit there 2h Crush smack the living shit outa my plate so i am thinking to go Thrust /Crush pole shield for slam

Now what is the damage of thrust and crush pole dicided by ? cause i got about 155 dex and 195 strengt and 80 quicknes
And thrust beter for chain right?and crush for plate

Post here if you got any to say that wil help =)

K

Kagato.

ALL polearms, no matter what type of damage they do are based entirely on your strength.

And the armour tables will be changed in 1.52 I think so the best damage vs certain armour types will change slightly to even them out.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Check the Camelot Herald for specs on bonuses to what type of armor, some chances in the upcoming patch, meaning that crush will be less beneficial for Albions. Basically, none of the 3 has a clear benefit then anymore.
As an armsman you get autotrained in thrust and slash so you should chose between these two. You want to damage cloth wearers, as in rvr you want to take out casters first, then the rest. But then again, with my two handed slash, I don't care much about the hit bonuses, 300 plus 10 or minus 30, don't matter so much really.
Regards, Glottis

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Check the Camelot Herald for specs on bonuses to what type of armor, some chances in the upcoming patch, meaning that crush will be less beneficial for Albions. Basically, none of the 3 has a clear benefit then anymore.
As an armsman you get autotrained in thrust and slash so you should chose between these two. You want to damage cloth wearers, as in rvr you want to take out casters first, then the rest. But then again, with my two handed slash, I don't care much about the hit bonuses, 300 plus 10 or minus 30, don't matter so much really.
Regards, Glottis

True for offensive armsmen, but this guy said he is shield / slash. Therefore he may well take a defensive role as a caster's bodyguard in rvr, using guard, intercept, slam + stick on the caster. It comes down to personal preference, but if you are planning on a more defensive role, then I can offer you my template which is 50 slash, 45 shield and 36 parry ( with the few remaining points in xbow). The reason for going 45/36 shield/parry , as opposed to the more commonly used 42/39 is that you will basically get the same chance of block/parry, but will get slightly less chance of missing on the slam ( which is the important bit if defending a caster) as your shield rating is higher. Not alot in it, and as I say, comes down to personal preference.

K

K0nah

After the next patch thrust is the best choice for an alb, either bonus or neutral dmg to most common enemy armour types.

edit: if u can live with the shitty one-hand styles :eek:

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Ok, then thrust it is indeed :)
Regards, Glottis

I

Insurrextion

click create new character, select a saracen rogue and visit an infiltrator trainer at lvl 5 ^^

G

gunner440

as an armsman imo you should either go slash or crush, thrust aint really worth it unless you choose polearm which is thrust dmg but str based.
armsmen get dex every 3 lvls which isn't enough if you plan on going thrust shield or 2h thrust which is 75%str and 25%dex based i think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom