Armsman spec question (purepole)

A

Aldoran

Hi i have a low lvl purepole armsman and i m wondering about my final specc,i m autotraining thrust to 40 and i ve been wondering if i should go 50 polearm 50thrust 29parry 7 shield 7xbow

or 50pole 45thrust and more parry and shield?

would it make my dmg balance lots more then with 50 50?

thx alot for your help :)

Y

yurka_polearm

well polearm dmg varies quite alot so from one point of view, you want your dmg to be high all the time, so the higher your 2nd spec is the better.

For your other spec points

Parry 29 - normal pure polearm spec is 50/50/28 (parry) the extra 1 point gives you .5% more chance of parring, so not a huge improvement.

Xbow - 7 - normal pure polearm spec gives u 6 to put in xbow, again not a huge difference.

Shield - 7 - i spent those points in 2 hd, which got mine to about 3, to get the first style, just to mess around with.

If you want your 50 polearm and want shield, go 50 pole, 39 thrust/slash, 42 shield. You have a couple of points lefts left.

Get Mastery of Parrying to say lvl 2, which will give you +12 worth of parrying spec points (MoP = 3% chance to parry / Normal parrying points = .5% chance) Then add your normal bonus parrying points and you will have 28ish points in parring, all through bonuses and RAs.

O

old.LandShark

How about 50pole, 24parry, 39slash and thrust? Autotrained slash and thrust to 48 ^^

A

adari

Originally posted by old.LandShark
How about 50pole, 24parry, 39slash and thrust? Autotrained slash and thrust to 48 ^^

hihi :x

A

Aldoran

hmm

think ill go with frostor his specc saw a screenie of him hitting a zerk for 800 so :p

alltough it is not purepole anymore ...

K

Kagato.

Personally I like 50 pole 50 thrust, 28 parry though with your autotrain you can get another level of parry, not a huge differance but every little helps.

And as said above, Mastery of parrying 2 gives you an extra 6% to parry. And with +11 from items and + RR you'll still end up with 40+ in parry +MoPX

Its not really worth dropping your thrust/slash for a little more parry as you'll only gain maybe 1 or 2 % more chance to parry and unless your dueling most of the time your going to be dishing out the damage, not taking it.

Y

yurka_polearm

50/50/28 atm some pics:

put the h*t*t*p:// infront of that- damn forums

home.t-online.de/home/320044100326/Helier/

S

stupidshady

I was thinking about the spec 50 pole, 34 slash, 42 shield and 20 parry.......dunno seems pretty good ?

S

stupidshady

yea, maybe true......but then again, 7 parry......is kinda vry low, no ?

Z

Zag Barr

If you go pure Polearm, then you will never use your onehand styles. Thats why I don't see any reason to spec dmg type all the way up to 50.

At level 50 you can easily get +11 SC'ed on your stuff. Specing 39 +11 should give you the same low dmg variance, further decreasing by rising RR.

Correct me if I am wrong. It's been a while back, since I specced an Armsman ;)

So my lvl 50 template would be:

50 (+11) Pole
39 (+11) dmg type (Slash/Thrust/Crush - whatever)
42 (+11) parry

or a little less parry and some shield

I know parry is/was screwed in RvR, that's why many 2-H people didnt bother spec in it. But supposedly it will be fixed in next patch.

A

Aldoran

wow

wow yurka you seem to hit pretty hard also,

stupid me u mentioned it was 50 50 28

think i might go that way :)

Y

yurka_polearm

anyone got prevent flight RA?

or know is its any good?

Y

Yuanyuan

i agree with frostor's spec, im 39 slash 50 pole 42 shield 6 parry. well for me i think 3x-4x parry is a waste compare to 42 shield - slam, why i need parry too much? i can use sword break bt- slam- pole back style. with item bonus, finaly u can get 58 shield.
btw, i don't think 50/50 gives much more dmg than 39/50, i tried that myself from RR1-RR6, u can try it urself anyway.

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by yurka_polearm
anyone got prevent flight RA?

or know is its any good?

I'd love that ability, but no way can I or many people at all afford 14 points for it. I've seen it in use and its quite effective, but 35% just isn't enough garuntee that its going to work those times when that bastard healer is trying to get away from you, or that SB who had a pot shot at you is sprinting away..

Its a nice idea but to little for the cost. Would be a nightmare though for the enemy if more tanks had it.

Z

Zag Barr

I never was a friend of the Hybrid spec. I don't think it pays of, to switch between shield and pole.

Let's say you start a fight with shield to slam and then switch to pole. Now you got to wait for your first pole swing, bacause your combat is already on a timer. You loose the main advantage of your slow weapon: The insta high hit in the beginning. Yes, the slow weapon still allows you to do higher damage, but only by wasting insane amounts of endurance (after you already wasted a good part of your endurance with the slam).

Why would you start a fight with slam anyways? To prevent the enemy to run? Well, it's way better to get a Paladin in group and have him run endurance chant in fight. You can just sprint behind the guy that runs and do insane amounts of damage with the Phalanx/Defenders Agaeis-Combo. If he turns to fight you, you stun him with Defender's Rage/ Defender's Revenge-Combo. IF you get prevent flight eventualy, even better. But there is no need for slam IMO, unless you want to protect casters. But then you are a defensive tank, and need the highest shield skills you can get to block for the one you protect.

I played both styles with my Armsman. Full pole and full shield. I liked both specs for different reasons. Hybrid (as the name says) is a jack of all trades, that doesn't allow you to use your skills to full advantage and leaves you a gimp IMO. If you go defense, your best style is Brutalize (so 50 shield). You also need it to give best blocks to the one you try to protect. If you go offense, you can use every little defense you get, and that would be high parry after next patch.

Y

yurka_polearm

does prevent flight fire off using phlanix?

D

Draylor

Prevent flight is a passive RA - 35% chance of it firing whenever you hit an opponent from behind.

But with a slow polearm 14 points makes it too expensive for the benefit. Leave it for mercs.

K

Kagato.

Are you sure it only has a chance to land when you hit ? im pretty sure I read somewhere that it just has a chance to trigger every tick the enemy is running away from you for.

S

stighelmer

I am a hybrid atm. 44/42/39slash/24. I'm satisfied but I am worried about my weaponskill with pole (and eager to try aegis), hence I'm thinking of 50/42/39/6.

However, I am starting to play with the idea of going 50/39/42parry (imo the most uber pure pole spec after patch).

The shield/sword is not that useful if you have a pally in grp and the fight is going as intended (pally breaking bt and/or protecting casters). But for those occasions when there is no pally around or when mids/hibs are after the casters and you are the closest tank - shifting to shield and stopping those Zerkers dead in their tracks with a nicely applied SLAM is rather nice :)

So my tip to you Aldoran is to go 50 pole whatever you do. Then if you like your shield and the idea of protecting casters from time to time then go hybrid and slash. If you blood thirsty - go 50/39/42.

Cheers

A

Aldoran

hmm

interesting point but if i m 50 50 28

i will get MAX dmg,dunno if thats the same with ur specc,can get parry cap with RA + RR anywayz,so will see :)

F

-frostor-

whatever u do
get 50 pole ;D
50/42/39 spec is uber compared to 44/44/42

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom