armsman re-spec

J

joe4761

Hi i have a lvl 20 armsman trained in slash ,sword and shield and am thinking of re-specing in polearms anyone got any advice on the best way to go thanks

D

Duryn

Polearm isnt a great choice for pve, sword and board till 40 if i were you :). Might not do so much damage but sword/board is better for grouping and soloing.

A

Arnor

do something cool, and train sheild to 41, then sword/crush, its the secret combination of uberness (tm)

K

Kagato.

Or you could ignore Arnor who just wants your rps and spec pure pole and thrust/slash for the ultimate damage or go with the hybrid spec.

Polers go through a rough patch through the mid 30ies though so there is some merit in waiting till 4 to respec but if your not enjoying your spec then by all means change to something that interests you more.

H

heath

I was originally a 2handed slash armsman...then i respecced to polearm..the damage i did was okay but nothing special. So i then respecced again to sword/shield and parry....now i find that just by putting points into those i block/parry a lot more than i used to. Which in turn keeps me alive longer. Out of all 3 that i have tried i like the sword and board the best..but that is just my opinion. I agree with Kagato, in the end the choice is up to you as different people enjoy different styles. Good luck with whatever you choose though.

G

gunner440

Originally posted by heath
I was originally a 2handed slash armsman...then i respecced to polearm..
??????????????????????????????????????????????

J

Jiggs

gunz is the BOMB

[16:04] <Ial^coffe> gun lets solo inquisitors?
[16:04] <Ial^coffe> I bring asha
[16:04] <Ial^coffe> we dont baf in 2
[16:05] <gunzzzz> can we?
[16:05] <gunzzzz> my spec is shit inpve
[16:06] * [CF]chipper has quit IRC
[16:06] <Ial^coffe> in duel too
[16:06] <Ial^coffe> wtf you are good for gun?:)
[16:06] <Ial^coffe> bait for outlaw?
[16:06] <gunzzzz> distraction :Z
[16:06] <gunzzzz> ya

F

Falcore

hehe, im hybrid spec, was origionally, board and blade, i find it fun cuz u can slam whip out pole and do some serious damage especially against hibs in scale :), however going hybrid means i do not too good in duels, cuz im slightly worse in pole and 1handed, but its not too big a difference and it gives me a lot of rvr versatility, all 3 specs r cool, just depends what u like really...oh, and i respecced from board and blade because, putting 50 into slash the damage i did really wasnt worth all those spec points, and diamond slash sucks...oh and something else to note, now, no matter how u spec, warriors do most one handed damage in game, when they only havto spec 1 line, which is a damn silly really i think :/ (tho they did need some loving)...

G

g0ldenbone

I was sword and board as well till 40. Then respecced to the 44 slash 42 shield 44 pole spec..

Its certainly been a lot more fun, thats for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom