Armsman hybrid question

Thadius

Part of the furniture
What would be better? A full spec polearmsman or a hybring polearms/shield dude?

Toying with the idea of makeing 'dave into a poledancing type njubbe.

What would be a decent hybrid spec? 42 shield, 50 pole rest slash and parry?

danmrman

Fledgling Freddie
Afink - 42 shiled (using small shield for Quick hitting of next style)
50 Pole / 2h
Either 30 crush/slash/thrust
rest Parry :)

The Smaller shield the quciker your next hit (ie Behind style)

Hybrid specs Rock!

/Curtsey

echome

Fledgling Freddie
If I did get the wyrd spec testing right - tested for sb's though - but should be the same going for us armsmen.
Hit 51 slash, crush or thrust - That could be 36slash at rr5(+15). And then go full pole or two-handed - This should give you max dmg using the least spec points.
42shield for slam and what ever is left parry. ;)

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
small shield is a good idea, i use it too.. quicker next hit & less endurance while slamming also.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
My armsman would of been 50 pole, 42 shield, 34 thrust, 20 parry if i still played.I just prefer using slow delay weapons and having that behind snare style is nice aswell as anytime snare.

When you slam and then use 2h/pole you get no delay on next hit or well next to no delay.I personally wouldn't spec slash since thrust is pure str based on pole.

shorti

Fledgling Freddie
what sycho said and yes small shield ... atleast thats how i used to be when i played shorti :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Sycho said:
My armsman would of been 50 pole, 42 shield, 34 thrust, 20 parry if i still played.I just prefer using slow delay weapons and having that behind snare style is nice aswell as anytime snare.

When you slam and then use 2h/pole you get no delay on next hit or well next to no delay.I personally wouldn't spec slash since thrust is pure str based on pole.

Sometimes you'll have to fight in 1h/shield mode and then you'll need dex in the template too. And getting 101str/con, 80'ish quickness AND dexterity for 1h mode is not possible.

Or am I missing here something? Otherwise I'd go Thrust too.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
Sometimes you'll have to fight in 1h/shield mode and then you'll need dex in the template too. And getting 101str/con, 80'ish quickness AND dexterity for 1h mode is not possible.

Or am I missing here something? Otherwise I'd go Thrust too.

Look for my template, glodoc is using it, i posted one here a month or two ago.Was thrust and had just what you said when using s/s.(except that high con)

mirieth!

Banned
everyone said my thrust hybrid armsman was gimped back when i used to play it (just after SI was released kind of time). oh how times change :m00:

shorti

Fledgling Freddie
mirieth :p i think that the prob wasnt you being hybrid but the fact that u were an armsman :p all armsmen are gimped no matter how u spec em :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom