Armsman Help plz

Tinneth

One of Freddy's beloved
Hello folks ,
I have a few questions about armsmen,
a) at 50 which is btr dmg Pole or 2H,
b) if u spec in Crush and 2H deos ur crushing 2H do more dmg ?
well tahts about it, thnx in advance :m00:

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
pole looks cooler!

dont rly have a clue tho :<

i **think** pole does more dmg since everyone used 2 spec pole, but i guess it will also depend on the weapon your gona use and how much quick + haste you can get behind it. Like i said tho, im a bit clueless when it comes 2 heavy tanks >< wait for sycho or sumone 2 post 8)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Roadie said:
pole looks cooler!

dont rly have a clue tho :<

i **think** pole does more dmg since everyone used 2 spec pole, but i guess it will also depend on the weapon your gona use and how much quick + haste you can get behind it. Like i said tho, im a bit clueless when it comes 2 heavy tanks >< wait for sycho or sumone 2 post 8)

Polearms used to be good(according to Ozwaldo)

Now you can get nuked 3 times between each swing of it :(

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Erm no ^^ that's not true a guildie used to hit fairly quick with 228 quick and theurg haste aswell as high damage per hit.Best spec is hybrid spec either 50 pole 34 thrust 42 shield 20 parry or 50 2h 34 thrust 42 shield 20 parry in my view then you are set for rr5...

Two handed have the best growth rates in alb(ignoring cs styles) most are 0.88 damage which is quite a fair amount and they very easy to pull off, whatever you pick you should hit hard providing you cap quick.(aswell as toa bonuses+str)

Whatever you pick, go thrust and 50 spec in 2h/pole.(like the specs i said above)

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
I've tried both types extensively in PvE on two different armsmen (although I /delete the pole armsman after level 40, so never got to the end styles) and I found the two play very differently.

The 2h line is all about chains - which is more useful in pve where you have time and a "dumb" mob to allow you to get the full chains out. Whats especially good is the off parry chain which is rediculously low end usage. If you have high parry (I have approximately 45 parry + MoParry 2 give or take a point or two) and you only have one mob attacking you - you parry pretty much every attack against oranges - which means you can chain them all day long as the tireless feat that tanks get balances out exactly with the parry end usage style.
The end style in the 2h chain seems slightly odd - in that its worse than the 44 style. Both are second in chains off positional (the 50 chains of a behind positional, and the 44 chains off a side positional) - so the 50 is potentially easier to get off in rvr - but it only stuns for 7 seconds as opposed to the 9 seconds the 44 stuns for.

The pole line is less chainy - and has easier to get-off snare styles, which would be much more useful in rvr when those pesky casters/rogues try and do a runner on you. The styles seem to use a lot more endurance in general however (particularly the anytime style), and polearms <tend> to be slower than 2h weapons, so punching through pbt is more painful with a pole.

I havn't taken either into rvr (well I've briedly ventured out with the 2h armsman, got peppered with arrows and went back to using my s/s armsman) - but I believe pole would be better for group rvr, and 2h better for soloing (soloing without a shield or stealth? :eek6: lol)

To answer your question (2) - speccing crush and using a 2h crush weapon has the effect of reducing the minimum damage variance you do. Speccing 2h spec increases the maximum damage - although I gotta say the variance is still pretty wild even with 38+12 damage type.

gohan

FH is my second home
pole is better than 2 handed.
as long as u have 50 pole (spec) an 51 slash/chursh/thrust overall (40 +11 38 +13 ect) ur weapon skill and damage will be exactly the same as if u had 50 pole 50 slash with the extra spec points most people spec for slam i just weent stupidly high parry like 43 or so ...... choice is totaly urs but 2handed sux :<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom