Armour resistances

E

Elric IA

Ok, the Camelot Seer states that in 1.52 scale armour is resistant to crush damage (http://www.camelot-seer.com/handler.cfm?app=&method=weaponEffectiveness). Having chatted to a hero, warden and druid today about what melee resists they have on their epic armour, I have the following question.

Is an armour's resistance an invisible melee resist that does not show up on your resists screen and then any other melee resists you have stack on top of that?

Champ epic armour has 20% crush resist and with items I have got to boost my slash resist, which seem to come with added crush resistance, I now have 26% capped crush resist. However, other class's scale does not have that level of crush resist on it. So will my effective crush resistance (Scale's natural resistance plus my items) really make a hammer wielder fear me?

The same question can apply to any type of armour and whether resistance, vunerability or neutrality are 'invisible' melee resists (positive or negative) which your character's items then add to to give your overall melee resistance.

Please discuss any comments would be appreciated.

Y

yadleen

Scale resistance to Crush is not shown in the resists window so yes it is like an invisible resistance. You having 26% crush resist adds to this and hence those who chose to wield such a weapon should fear you :D

Same principle applies to other armours.

Users who are viewing this thread