Armour Procs

T

[TP]Darksbane

what type and where do i wanna be putting my procs. for Paladin.
atm im using DoT proc on sword and a reactive Fire proc on sheild.
dunno what to use on other parts any clues )

G

Glottis_Xanadu

It is a shame only Caer Sidi mobs are claimed to drop the healing proc's, otherwise I would get those on my armor :)
There are several parts which get hit the most, not sure in what order, but chest, arms, and legs or head I think.
I think reactive procs are nice, like dot's to screw over an archer (not really a problem as Pally, who notices archers? Think those are better for mages). DoT's seem to do the most damage in total, but you might wanna do some DD's, like spirit (seems few people have those capped).
So no real answer from me :p
Regards, Glottis

B

bracken_woodman

Reactive ablatives are worth having.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
It is a shame only Caer Sidi mobs are claimed to drop the healing proc's, otherwise I would get those on my armor :)

How is it a shame? It would be completely stupid to have these drop commonly. They are rare for a reason!

D

Draylor

Well what do you want to do when your hit - take as little damage as possible, or hit back?

The DD reactive procs will only do around 60 dmg after resists, which in the vast majority of cases are going to make no difference to at all. Im sure theyll look nice in duels, but in real RvR they're best left to non-tank classes imo.

I went for ablative procs on all armour parts - and dont regret it at all.

P

Pin

And short of being very lucky and getting a heal tincture dropping. Put ablatives on at least chest and legs.

A

**Aligro**

out of 4 raids... 1 healing tincture has dropped.. i need three for my set :p

A

**Aligro**

WOOT I JUST REALISED..

I LOVE YOU TILDA

:wub:

E

Exinferis

i want special rank to :(

tilda pleeeeeeaaaaaaassssseeeeee change my rank to ubah dotter!

B

Belomar

Bah! You can't be the uber DoTter, there can only be one, bwahahahaha!

<cue heavy breathing>

"So, we meet again, Exinferis. The circle is complete. Last time I met you I was but the learner, but now I am the master!"

<ignites lightsaber>

E

Exinferis

Originally posted by Belomar
Bah! You can't be the uber DoTter, there can only be one, bwahahahaha!

<cue heavy breathing>

"So, we meet again, Exinferis. The circle is complete. Last time I met you I was but the learner, but now I am the master!"

<ignites lightsaber>

go away cookiecutter, or i will slap you with my ubah damageshield! :p

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Exinferis
go away cookiecutter, or i will slap you with my ubah damageshield! :p
Bwwww! I'm shaking, I'm shaking! I'll just lifetap you for a little less damage variance, shall I? ;) Anyway, you can be Ubah Dotter if I get to be Dr Dot.

S

stupidshady

I have all my plate armor parts reactive procs on it, and I must say I'm VRY pleased about it, and if they DO proc in a duell, it can rly save your life

O

old.Ramas

reactive Fire proc on sheild

Currently reactive procs working on shields is officially a bug. And Mythic's stance is that they do not work.

So be aware that by putting one on your shield you run the risk that it will suddenly stop working in a future patch.

Also note that they only fire in RvR (where you block the least) and that some people have reported them not working at all.

EDIT:

Also note that all mids will cap heat resistance for the purposes of reducing hib stun. And most hibs will cap heat resistance for combating the percieved ubiquity of fire wizards.

So pick spirit dds.

T

Tilda

well, imo ablatives are the way to go
its basically 100 extra HP's per proc, its very nice.
I have a full set of ablatives with noting on my stayy i dont think.
imo its well worth getting.
the proble with DoT/ DD reactives etc is they can break a root if something gets CC'ed

Tilda

O

old.LandShark

I do hope that healing tincture got lotto'd fairly and not just conveniently overlooked.

R

ReaLX

Originally posted by Tilda
I have a full set of ablatives with noting on my stayy i dont think.
imo its well worth getting.
the proble with DoT/ DD reactives etc is they can break a root if something gets CC'ed

Tilda

It's probably just me being a noob, but what's a ablative proc? :p

O

old.Ramas

Ablatives buffer you against melee damage.

So a 100 point ablative absorbs melee damage at some % rate (usually ~50%) until 100 points have been absorbed, than the ablative falls and you take damage normally.

T

[TP]Darksbane

think im ganna use ablative for torso and legs,reactive DoTs for helm,arms and gloves, and might put some charges onto the Feet - reccomend any charges???

P

Pin

Originally posted by darksbane1
think im ganna use ablative for torso and legs,reactive DoTs for helm,arms and gloves, and might put some charges onto the Feet - reccomend any charges???

I would recommend a Haste charge (or maybe a damage add after they are fixed)... But don't be using a Jambiya with haste ;)

O

old.Ramas

I can never quite take seriously the idea of charges on boots.

What are they - Wizard of Oz ruby slippers?

How do you fire them? Wave your foot at someone?

Somehow it lacks dramtic flair.

"Muahahahaha! Now I will defeat you with my energy spitting shoes of uberness!!"

------------------------

Glove charges yes.

Staff charges absolutely.

Even shield charges.

But this is not streetfighter. So dragon-kicking fireball-spitting flip-flops of asskicking? Pffft.

------------------------

PS. If you were thinking of replying to this with a discussion of chance to hit (and therefore to proc) on each armour piece:

I KNOW

But that doesn't make it cool.

D

doneagle

vest = 40% chance to hit
legs = 25%
head=15%
arms=10%
hands=5%
feet=5%

my setup :
1. vest + hands + feet = ablative = 50% chance to hit with a 10% chance to proc

2. legs = dot = 25% to be hit with 10% chance to proc

3. head + arms= DD spirit = 35% to be hit with 10% to proc

P

Pin

(btw, my charges are going on my xbow - 0 chance to hit, 0 chance to be hit :p )

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by Pin
(btw, my charges are going on my xbow - 0 chance to hit, 0 chance to be hit :p )

Bugger, now why didn't I think of that.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Tilda

It is not 100 hp extra. Common misconception. Since it absorbs a part of the swing (percentage) it is NOT like having 100 hp extra. There is a (small, but not neglible) chance 100hp extra would have saved you, but the ablative won't.

Still, it's the best thing a caster can put on his armour, all bits help to last a microsecond longer :) If you got the money ablatives are the way to go for a caster (or the healprocs, which are very expensive if any available)

K

Kagato.

Was thinking of ablatives on all of my armour too, then a charge on something else, but it seems no one knows exactly how they work lol.

So it procs, and absorbs a % of the next blow up to 100 points or not?

Which is surely good for any class not just casters?

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by Kagato.
Was thinking of ablatives on all of my armour too, then a charge on something else, but it seems no one knows exactly how they work lol.

So it procs, and absorbs a % of the next blow up to 100 points or not?

Which is surely good for any class not just casters?

A charge you get added to an item, you then put quickbar the items icon, and "use" it default is hold E+left mouse click the icon, you then get the effect for the duration specified. visit recharger when ur out, think most charges at lvl 47 give 10 charges max.
don't know about alb as clerics already have the spec AF buff, but for my SC set i put a +75AF buff on a spare shield to switch over and use it at buff intervals, the charge lasts 10mins and takes my AF from like 647-740 or so, is very very useful as its a fire and forget kind of thing that knocks about 30-70 dmg per swing off a styled zerker hit :>

A

**Aligro**

Originally posted by old.LandShark
I do hope that healing tincture got lotto'd fairly and not just conveniently overlooked.

hmm well... i know of one tinture that did not get lottoe'd.
that was outlaws raid whether it was the healing tincture i can't remember.. it may have been.. jiggs has a healing proc i think, dunno if its the same or not...

oh and heres a tip.... for shields put a haste proc on it.. so that when you slam and it procs.. 0 chance of resist and you get to swing faster at the guy who is stunned

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom