Help Argos

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Anybody here ever worked for Argos?

I have a job interview tomorrow for Christmas staff, just need some tips/pointers for the interview :)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
its barely an interview. they made me feel like shit when i went for one. i turned up in a suit as you do for an interview "oh have you just finished work?"

"no why?"

"oh right never mind"

so my tip would be not to wear a suit from that experience.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Oh, I was going to get my suit out, but I guess ill go in black jeans, black shirt and my suit jacket!

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
that sounds over dressed.
go naked except a pair of undies covered in poo stains.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Make sure to have a confused/rabbit in the head lights look on your face too, it seems to be a prerequisite.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Oh for the love of god do not go in jeans to an interview. Trousers, shirt and tie as a minimum. Retail or otherwise.

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Any interview I go for or have been for I've worn a suit and I have been for a fair few interviews. You stand out, look smart and it also shows you give a shit.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
went to one of theirs a few years ago... isnt even an interview... will be about 20-25 peeps, u get given group tasks etc... usual american style bullshit way of doing things.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Group sessions are a favourite of retailers, lets them screen lots of candidates at once, and shows how a candidate interacts with others.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
My interview for Argos at christmas was a group one, we did some basic roleplaying and watched some videos.

Just be yourself mate, it's a relatively straight forward job, if you come across ok after you get the job they will train you up on the tills and customer service department. In comparison to being a stocky at dixons Argos was unbelieveable there turnover in the Metro Centre store was absolutely sick and I really was so busy to think about anything other than getting the job done..

I really enjoyed my 5 months at Argos tbh, loads of youngs birds around up for a good time, I actually got kept on but left to be a holiday rep :( Scoring with three birds as we all stood talking was a highlight I won't ever forget!

Thadius

Part of the furniture
What would recommend for this group interview clotheswise then?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I thought about working for them but I was put off by the unhygienic company underwear and restrictive dance policies

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I went in dress pants, with a white shirt with cuff links and a black tie. Nothing wrong with looking good at an interview at all, and one thing for sure is you aint not going to get a job for being well dressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom