Argh help!

O

old.ickle_201

Ive installed DaOc and registered but when it asks for cd-key i put in my cd-key then it autoupdates and it says "the mythic update client has been updated. Please close this message box and run the program again. So i run it again and it does the update all overagain? What do i do? help plz

W

WPKenny

I've never heard of that one before.

If you have the patience, let it run through once or twice more to double check it's not doing it bit by bit.

O

old.ickle_201

Ok Ive tried It about 30times and i have restarted my cmoputer about 5times, why is it always me with the defaulty one :p

W

WPKenny

Next thing to try is to un-install the game and re-install it to a DIFFERENT directory.

O

old.ickle_201

done that as well, :mad: :mad: i made sure it was going to the default just in case... but it still don't seem to undrstand THAT IVE ALREADY UPDATED IT!!! GRRR! lol, stupid thing....*kicks computer*

O

old.ickle_201

Just to update this thread the updater is updating the camelot.exe file to the same one. In other words it is d/l the .exe file over and over again. The same exe file? why has it done this Please help me!!!!!!

C

cleeve

check that u havent got silly permissions set on yer daoc dir

Are u on win2k? xp? 98 ?

=)

Revor

C

cleeve

U might have had a silly permission that was allowing the updater to download the file but not install it.

my advice is contact GOA direct on a right now ticket and see if they can help

Sounds strange

Revor

O

old.ickle_201

I have done that but i would really like to find out wats happening be4 3days time. Thanx for all ur help :clap:

Tis fecking annoying :upyours:

C

cleeve

try ticking the do complete file check option on the updater? see if that works

or UNTICK it and try again

Revor

C

Chameleon

I just bought it and it did this to me too. After the 4th go, or so, it worked. I'm on adsl, maybe if your on 56k/isdn then its timing out quicker? Don't know the answer, only that mine got there with a little patience ................ which is unlike me .......... but then this is one of those games where I thought I'd better actually READ the manual, so that killed some time ;)

btw, I still have absolutely no idea wtf I am doing, so if anyone has any help at all they could offer, I'd be very grateful.

S

SoWat

Cham, first and foremost, get a decent map! The one supplied is not very useful at all. Allied to this, display your compass (shift+c). The new Prima official guide is out (in the US) on April 22nd; grab that if you can.

Do a /send to any of the BW regulars. Some of us start new characters all the time, and so are likely to have something about your level. My latest is Heralia (Hunter), but I also have Sowata (skald) and Cadire (Healer). On Albion I have Gibard (Cleric). DO a /who <name> to see if I'm online and I'll come play ;)

Look at some good DAoC sites. There's some good links scattered about these forums. These give you a lot of info on game characters, quests, tasks.... you name it, it's there.

The one thing that baffled me was the language. You do get used to it, but initially when I heard people say "The mob conned purple to me, and it baf'd when I mezzed it", it sounded like a foreign language :)

C

Chameleon

Thanks for the help. I dunno how I managed without a decent map and the compass now :)
For info .......

I'm a Hibernian Lurikin Nightshade, named 'Zenich' :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom