Question Are you going back to Alta Vista?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
My first search engine, I think those fucking targetted ads are the worst, i was looking for a present for the wife and up pops a whole bunch of similar items while she's surfing the next day! FFS.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Job said:
My first search engine, I think those fucking targetted ads are the worst, i was looking for a present for the wife and up pops a whole bunch of similar items while she's surfing the next day! FFS.

Firefox and chrome have "no follow" plugins now.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Custom Hosts File + AdBlock for Chrome + Google Analytics Opt-Out Add-On + Keep MORE Opt-Outs = browsing free of advertising

I don't get any ads whatsoever, web pages, boxes over Youtube vids, adverts before the vid plays on Youtube... none of them.
I really notice it when I use Youtube on my phone because there are ads EVERYWHERE. The pigging thing is that the ads are using up my data allowance. I'm seriously considering voiding my warranty and rooting my phone... that's how much of an issue it is for me.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
We went to the bank to get my wife a card on my business account, the girl starts asking every fucking question under the sun, do you own your house, how long is left on the mortgage, how much do you pay a month for your phone.
I'm sat their open mouthed as she starts answering, so I butt in.
'Listen love we just want a card , that's private information and this is bordering on data mining.
Two bad looks, the rest of the meeting was pretty stoney.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom