are you a peadophobe?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
ive pasted the article in the spoiler box cos the length would interupt the flow of the thread -

Britain is turning into a nation of 'paedophobes'

By Marie Woolf, Political Editor

Published: 22 October 2006

Britain is becoming a nation in fear of its teenagers, with a growing number of people refusing to go out after dark because they feel intimidated by young people hanging around on the streets.

A survey of adults throughout Europe found that people in Britain are more afraid of teenagers than in any other country. A rise in what scientists call "paedophobia" - an unreasonable fear of children - has led to more than a million adults considering moving house. Adults are also less likely to stop teenagers committing acts of vandalism than in other countries because they fear being attacked.

According to research by IPPR, a think tank, only just over a third of Britons would ask young people to stop spray-painting a building in their street, or to stop being rowdy outside.

The report, Freedom's Orphans: Raising Youth in a Changing World, found widespread fear of verbal abuse, physical attack and reprisals. It also found that lack of adult supervision was leading to a growth in youth crime and violence.

The findings coincide with a rise in the use of Asbos to control hooliganism, vandalism and disruptive behaviour among young people. The Asbos have been deployed against children as young as 10 and have included prohibitions on loitering on street corners, and even curfews.

Some new housing developments have gated communities to keep youths out. The Government has also ordered parents who fail to keep their children under control to attend parenting classes, which includes instructions on how to get their children to go to bed.

Mr Blair's Strategy Unit has been examining ways of stopping young people being dragged into criminality by their peers. They found that those who loiter on the streets tend to move on to car-jacking and robbery unless they are diverted into other activities.

this was in the independant

i would lean towards that i probably am. but i dont put that down to the kids, i put it down to the way the government treats such things. ASBO? big fucking deal. a child who is enough of a scrote to get one wouldnt care about it.

the problem with such kids is they are clever enough to know they can do what the fuck they want. if i was attacked by a couple 14 yr olds, i couldnt defend my self. id be arrested my self no doubt because they are young. but it would be acceptable for them to whack me with what ever they like because nothing would happen to them.

its another lean towards the criminal having more rights than the victim.

lets get discussing, bitches.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I'm a paedophobe, but in the other way.

I'm scared of kids :p Most women my age when handed a baby to hold cuddle it and coo over it. When I'm handed a baby I just hold it at arms length and look helpless :(

Of course, I'm hoping all this will vanish when I have my own kids otherwise it could be a bit awkward :p

Edit: </em puts thread back on track> And yes, I think most people are scared of the "youth gone wild", I know I am and with good reason. I've never been happy slapped, but I've been spat on, and had some chavvy 12 year old roar in my face at a distance of about 6 inches while waiting for a bus. In that situation I knew something was going to happen so I kind of braced myself to ignore it. I think they were a little surprised that I didn't flinch, but I'm glad they didn't happy slap me, as I would have gone into my hamster frenzy and done more damage to myself and surrounding vehicles than to them.

Ooh, edit no. 2:

On the BBC website's "Have Your Say" posts they had the same subject of how afraid of our youth we are.

One guy had a perfect example - he came across an elderly lady who was being mugged by two teenagers. He hit one of the teenagers who was currently beating up the old lady, then called the police. It ended up with the elderly lady terrified of going out alone, the kids got off scot free, and the guy who tried to help ended up with a criminal record and is on one of the registers for people who abuse young children for hitting the teenager who was 14.

Hands up who wants to emigrate?

tris-

peadophobe is a fear of kids.

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
nah i dont fear kids.. actually writing a test on this ABSO thing, anyone that can give me some more information about it? as all i got was an appendix. Tho if it was me that got attacked by 2 14 y o kids, i would felt sorry for them, not that they attacked me and i smacked them back.. but actually for being so bloody lame to get up with blind violence

tris-

Naetha said:
It ended up with the elderly lady terrified of going out alone, the kids got off scot free, and the guy who tried to help ended up with a criminal record and is on one of the registers for people who abuse young children for hitting the teenager who was 14.

thats one of the most appauling things ive ever read.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
lol i read the post as "are you a peodphile"

i was cracking up thought it was going to be a survey

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
if i had beated up a 14 old kid that wacked an old lady and i got it on my criminal record.. i would be proud..

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Sharaft said:
if i had beated up a 14 old kid that wacked an old lady and i got it on my criminal record.. i would be proud..

Yup, and I'd've done exactly the same thing myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom