are we all ghosts?

B

Balbor

wounder what RvR would be like if you couldn't walk though enemy players?

O

old.Lianuchta

Try Planetside to see what large scale battles are like with collision detection. It is all slightly more realistic (infantry hiding behind tanks, armored infantry guarding doors etc).

V

Validus

colission detection can be silly. what if 2 prats decide to block the door to a trainer or some important merchants?

E

Easy

Originally posted by Validus
what if 2 prats decide to block the door to a trainer or some important merchants?
Call a CSR or GM? :D

T

the_smurflord

I am a ghost.

WhhhooooooOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!

<rattle chains a bit>

R

Roo Stercogburn

If there's something wierd and it don't look good...

... its an Alb :D

B

Balbor

Originally posted by Validus
colission detection can be silly. what if 2 prats decide to block the door to a trainer or some important merchants?

i said enemy players, not own realm or mobs (dunno if its possible to code for that).

I mainly came up with the idea so that tank classes could protect form lines that would work in rvr battles for protecting archers and casters.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Collision detection has been on many people's wishlist for a very long time.

Have to agree it would be nice to see this on the frontiers, but its damned handy not to have to bother with it in PvE.

Relic raids and stuff would be a nightmare though :D

K

Kagato.

At least it would put a stop to lamers expoiting it to give people 'target not in view errors' by walking through them in one-on-one fights. Being able to do that is soooooo realistic :rolleyes:

You'd still get CS players doing the silly circle strafing but at least you wouldn't get anymore people walking through you in fights.

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by Tasans
I am a ghost. No seriously :)

Ghosts don't use PCs as far as I know. They go around doing what smurflord was doing.

M

Marcus75

old.Dillinja:

Of course they do...havnt you seen the movie "Ghost"? ;)

O

Oddorvard

They have collision detection in Planetside. It allows for more tactical use of tanks and heavily armored characters. However it can be very annoying when running through hallways or accessing equipment terminals. I think that might be fixed by removing collision detection on friendlies, but that might reduce the feeling of realism and might also be rather hard to implement.

Z

zedmeet

Would be feasable if they changed it so all AE spells affected friendlies as well as enemies.

Otherwise would make the walking box of tanks with a caster snug in the middle, the main tactic used in RVR.... /yawn

Magic is not real world, which is why this game is such a bitch to balance.

M

mestoph

To be honest, i think i am a ghost. I seem to be always the first to die in RvR. There can be 100 people stood around me and guess what, the SB hits me first. I wouldn't mind to much if i was an actual threat to them. But even with 65 fire, i can only do 300 max damage to most mids now adays.

S

sheepseyes

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
Ghosts don't use PCs as far as I know. They go around doing what smurflord was doing.

nah ghosts dont rattle chains mostly they sit quietly scareing the hell out of dogs or have converstation with each other which u can hear cos they dont realise there dead the odd time they get aggressive they may hit someone but thats because they are frightened themselves
be nice to any ghosts u meet cos u may become one one day

M

mid_Efour

we should get ghosty RA`s like...

BOO! = 14ra points 30 min timer

effect: say boo to enemy realm mate

but not aLL ghost are badies i like ghosts and cheese i like cats too. looooooolololo rattle rattle jewelry jewelry. i dont belive in ghosts either and have you seen Starcraft ghost from Blizzard? FPS game in Starcraft univerese uber! call the shot! imagine fighting a protoss dark templar would be well cool eh? huh?! yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!1

yeeehawwwww

S

sheepseyes

ghosts dont rattle chains ffs unless of cors there into bondage most chain rattleing is for tv where it sounds good but in ghost life they dont but they may rattle the odd cup thou

S

Sarnat

DAoC wasn't designed to have collision detection. It would create major exploits, for example. Just a bad idea IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom