Are They Taking The Piss

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
Ive had a rest from game for a while .. so after making my mind up to come back i though i would treat myself to catacombs. so i looked on the daoc webby.
I saw the sales part and clicked it i gave 2 options buy online key or retail pack. it said RRP £19.99 so i clicked retail box and it cam up with Catacombs £10 and the whole lot for £17. i thought nice one but i wanted it now cant wait for post so i clicked buy online they carge £29 (no cd / box) just for catacombs and £39.99 for the lot no cd/box

can anyone tell me why they would charge 3 times the amount for something u get that costs them less to make

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
cause if you want it instantly and are that eager you might pay it and they make $$$

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
It's daoc how can anyone be that eagar.. maybe if they did it right they would have more ppl playing instead of a dying game

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Frosty said:
It's daoc how can anyone be that eagar.. maybe if they did it right they would have more ppl playing instead of a dying game

Evidently you are that eager, considering you whine on FH about it.

Go back to WOW with the other kiddies; too many whiners in game already.

danmrman

Fledgling Freddie
tbh if your that eager to get the game and whine about it then dnt play it. and if u can wait 3-5 days for it then try www.play.com.

but dnt come on here and whine cause of prices

Lestat

Fledgling Freddie
easyacceskiddiegame lover... good thing to come home to wenn you dont have a life (wife/kids etc.).-. wow stinks

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yes the online charge is a pisstake regardless what anyone else has said in this thread, there is nothing wrong with turning a fair profit but the markup for immediate purchase goes way beyond fair.

Entran

Fledgling Freddie
how typical....

A guy comes up with a valid question.. why are they charging 3 x as much for no material product.. then he instantly gets people salgging him off saying noob.. go to wow... get a job..

cant you just answer his question without all the retarded unwarrented abuse ?

:wanker:

Brite

Banned
answer:

GOA werent previously allowed to sell the game and compete with there suppliers directly, now they can offer this but obviously they are only allowed to sell at RRP and not compete on prices with there suppliers, this is basically to say like they offer it if you really need it, and might be better off getting for like when its a new expansion day

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Brite said:
answer:

GOA werent previously allowed to sell the game and compete with there suppliers directly, now they can offer this but obviously they are only allowed to sell at RRP and not compete on prices with there suppliers, this is basically to say like they offer it if you really need it, and might be better off getting for like when its a new expansion day

Agreed - very good business practice for you company not to undercut it's distributors - but - this is only true when you have the must buy latest 'everyone wants one' product, this game is IMO still good but no longer the king, like many others b4 it they have continued to add more and more content, sadly all the so called improvements have not enhanced the overall game. New graphics updates are fine if they bring better quality without also increasing the number of polys/textures.

All other Online trading I see the purchase of an electronic version is always the cheaper option, requires no storage fees, no warehouse, no postage etc. To charge more for it is insane, adding tutorials and the like to get new players is negated by the fact that the first place the new player goes to find out about the game (GoA Site) looks as if they are trying to rip you off.

If the marketing ppl at GoA had any sense they would deal with the real issues - such as class balance and lots of annoying bugs in game that have been around since release. Personally getting real tired of entering a fight with another player and spending the whole pointless defeat reading 'Target not in view' still. As for some of the new classes, the only new arrival that does not totally own is the Heretic. Vamp, Bainshee and Warlock are just too much.
I am finding myself as a single account owner left with limited choices. Vamp or Tic (for melee) or Bain/Lock for caster. Without a second account and with all these ToA gizmo's anything else would be so frustrating I could not play. So far I feel DAoC has been lucky, nothing that has come along has quite been able to replace all the elements of the game that I still do love. This situation will change - when this game does end it wil come very quickly if Mythic/GoA do not address these issues.

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
thx for answers .. sorry for late reply but went away for a week..

and thx entran for defence .. but im used it the flames now days .. most muppets who have shallows lifes come and spoil.. i just let them play there games has no effect on me .. but if it makes them feel good .. let them be..

thx again be lucky

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom