Are there any wandering Mobs in DF?

D

danskmacabre

What I mean is, I've noticed, all the Mobs so far in DF pretty much stay in the same place (unless they get pulled)..

I think it would spice things up a bit to have some that actually wander about looking for chars to attack, like guards and stuff...

Coze even tho I like camping a spot, it seems a bit like a cheat to camp, kill, wait for respawn, kill , wait etc...

Having a Monster suddenly wandering around would make ppl a little more nervous..

G

Gran

There is, they are called Middies and Hibbies and usually BaF :p .

Sorry couldn't resist

D

Damon_D

Yes watch out for the most feared " train " it comes suddenly and can be quit deadly

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by Gran
There is, they are called Middies and Hibbies and usually BaF :p .
The term is BaH, BaA or BaZ.

BaF = Bring a friend, standard mob tactic
BaA = Pygmy Goblin Tangler, bring everyone within range
BaH (Bring a Horde) and BaZ (Bring a Zerling Hatchery) are terms specifically found in DF. ;)

:p

-G

F

Flimgoblin

Think the tangler is just linked to half the goblins...

always the same number of goblins that come with a tangler pull...

course you can pull a pygmy and it bafs the tangler who BAFoTs

(brings a friend or ten)

Great fun though :)

(can you tell I've only started doing tanglers? :))

O

old.Revz

Get a scout to crit shot the tangler, you should get a different number of goblins then :)

G

Gef

There is also BtWFC .. standard Scout pull at the tanglers to 'Bring the Whole F***ing Camp' with a crit ;)

Edit: doh Revs beat me to it ;)

B

Belsameth

the "Calls for help" swarm...always fun

also. LOL@BaZ

T

Tesla Monkor

Actually, there is at least one 'wandering mob'. A mob called 'Director Kobin' (Or something like that). It roams around in the central area of DF. It cons yellow to 50, but it's not. It's red. (I discovered that when trying to solo it. Gee. A yellow! I can handle that. (And got my ass kicked. :)

Y

Yussef

Autoed tanglers, no big deal, stil have to wait for a pop, pretty pointless.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
Actually, there is at least one 'wandering mob'. A mob called 'Director Kobin' (Or something like that). It roams around in the central area of DF. It cons yellow to 50, but it's not. It's red. (I discovered that when trying to solo it. Gee. A yellow! I can handle that. (And got my ass kicked. :)

Tis a yellow with magic weapons and fully buffed by one of the clerical daemon princes :)

or something :)

M

Myshra

to pull the entire island or trees at tanglers, simply ask your 41 fre wiz in the group to throw his new spec bolt at the tangler, same effect as the crit shot :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom