Are forum visits are lacking now?

R

RSO:Gray

it comes to my attention that Barrysworld forums haven't been Buzzing as they did a few months ago be it this is the off season or the P2P kicked in i dont know but the JK2 league and jk2 forums have slowed to a Crawl :( i post a topic and get a reply ages later if any.
kind of dull if you ask me some of the topics posted here are Important most of the time and i only seem to get replys from the admins who use the forum to leave msgs for outher admins :)

any one has any idea when BW are setting up the subscriber clan forums yet?

people who like free stuff make me :puke: tbh
i will pay for a service and i think its a good price to pay also

any one know how to store MS outlook address files to a doc that can be installed on outher MS outlook programs like after a Format or so on

S

S3-FluKe

Yeah, just the off-season I think, besides they weren't really that busy anyway, most admins a couple of clan leaders and a few people passing through.

As for the clan forums, you've got php enabled webspace right?

Try installing your own: www.phpbb.com their forum code is nearly as good a Vbulletin but cheaper, free infact :) and you can edit it you know a bit of php, even if you dont its easy to change the look.

F

FragFodder

Yeah they've been pretty quiet recently but hopefully should pickup when Season 2 kicks off and the Duels Days get underway. Also dont forget that the CTF league will start its first season after TFFA Season 2.

Xeno whats the word on =ANO= are you guys playing this season or not? I've already done the fixtures so it would be a bummer if you drop out but at the end of the day we cant force peeps to play.

Lemme know m8

FF

R

RSO:Gray

thanks for the advice Xenoeye but i know nothing about PHP
i tryed it once but it seems to be some long thing to do :(
and i was looking forward to having a BW forum for its Greeness and knowing my fourm will be linked with the rest of the BW communty

F

FragFodder

They're in the process of getting them sorted but thats all I know :(

FF

S

S3-FluKe

FF: I know you've got fixtures sorted out and it'd be a shame to shut the JK2 divison down just after starting, prob really is that me and Jac are more into UT2003 right now but Im gonna see what I can do to keep it going, Im willing to play a few games and Im looking at getting some new players in to fill out the JK2 squad more.

Got an =ANO= praccy tonight, if all goes well I'll be able to see some of the new applicants and check out how the season 2 config plays.

Gray: Yeah, phpBB is pretty simple if you know how the database is set up, if you dont it doesn't work well though, being linked into BW sounds like a good feature though.

On the same note, Im giving up and paying up on the p2p thing, good deal for BW, better than BY's credits thing and Jolts 5 quid a go for bookables, least its one payment.
I might find some use for the webspace too :)

F

FragFodder

Xeno I've sent an email to BW asking for the server config to be updated but I've not had any responce (granted I only sent it on Friday night, I think). I'm gonna have to write an Rcon script when I get in tonight just incase they aren't sorted before tommorows prelim between CW and [JCC]. We'd also like to invite =ANO= in for a prelim next week if you guys are up for it.

If the config hasn't been updated you need to rcon these cvars in the server:

g_friendlyfire 1
g_friendlysaber 1
g_maxforcerank 1
g_saberdamagescale 1

Sorry about this but as I say, I've not heard from BW and I dont know if the Servers have been updated yet.

FragFodder

F

FragFodder

I take it back

Got an email from Nathan (he looks after the BW servers) when I got home today telling me the updates have been made. Nice one m8 :)

FF

S

S3-FluKe

Originally posted by R.S.O:Gray
people who like free stuff make me :puke: tbh
i will pay for a service and i think its a good price to pay also

Not when you've already got cracking hosting and your own domain email :/

Im not paying for desserted pubs tbh, the bookables are about all that I would pay for.

Any real info on the p2p league plans?

F

FragFodder

You know what I do m8

The BW head peeps are talking about it and they're leaning towards making the league p2p in the not too distant future.

However I cant see it working unless they charge team memberships or something rather than individual logins. Then there're issues like, will people pay to play without prizes? will the admins (Match, League and Head admins alike) be getting wages, is all our hard work being done for free so a company can profit? It raises interesting issues. These are all questions that have been bounced about between head admins since we found out.

I'll let everyone know everything when I do

Thats about it :-/

FF

S

S3-FluKe

Same conclusions m8, same questions with no answers so far...

F

FragFodder

Also thinking about it....

The BWJK2L uses force powers which isn't used by many clans, in that respect the clans in BW could be classed as Jedi rather than Swordsman. In my opinion the trully good JK2 player should be able to use them but that's another issue.

Anyway, in the interest of getting more clans signed up because of the p2p thing we may have to drop force powers down to Push, Pull and Jump, just to get enough clans to sign up. On the other hand there're loads of other leagues out there which are free so i think the p2p scheme will cripple us!!

On the bright side though.. If a clan signs up and pays to play in a league at least they'll show for matches. We'll have to see what happens.

FF

Users who are viewing this thread