[VIDEO] Archmage vs DOK open beta 1v1

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Just a little clip of me (archmage) fighting Liffa from warders (dok) in the tier2 empire rvr zone. I was level 16 at the time and liffa 12, however all levels are adjusted to 18 when entering the zone.

As you can see the damage output of both classes have a hard time overcomming the healing, I guess using offensive morale abilities and trying to spike damage is the only way to win. I did have PvE tactics and morales selected at the time, although I doubt it would have made a huge difference.

At 00:35 ish I built up some AP and attempted to spike using my rank 1 morale (dot + heal) and my channelling dps spell (high ap cost) and got liffa down to almost 25%. Unfortunately his morale abilities also came up and I had to detaunt and heal :/

40mb , download instead of streaming (stream qual is terrible)

succi-liffa.wmv - FileFront.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://static2.filefront.com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=772437@@AMEPARAM@@static2.filefront.com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=772437

p.s this is only the 2nd day i've played this game, so im sure I made lots of mistakes :F WAAAAAGH!

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
The simple fact the game is not balanced for 1v1 combat, as other classes have skills that reduce healing.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
The simple fact the game is not balanced for 1v1 combat, as other classes have skills that reduce healing.

Archmage does also (50% healing debuff + dot), unfortunately they don't get it until lvl 20 ish (scatter the winds)

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I had a similar 1v1 versus a Warrior Priest as a shaman. An equally long fight which only ended because a Marauder wandered past and joined in.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
also the fact that you both are healers, so its not strange its a fight that will last forever

I sure hope it wont become like in WoW where they think every class should be able to kill every class (which of is impossible to balance)

its a mmorpg game, its ment to be played with others

killfest

Fledgling Freddie
also the fact that you both are healers, so its not strange its a fight that will last forever

I sure hope it wont become like in WoW where they think every class should be able to kill every class (which of is impossible to balance)

its a mmorpg game, its ment to be played with others

aye... being able to kill my mates hunter 2/3 times in 1v1 in wow with my priest was a little odd

sloand

Fledgling Freddie
The thing with fighting a dok is he needs to be in melee to keep his juice up to heal.

Standing toe to toe gives him more than enough to sustain himself, plus melee attacks that heal.
Just dot and run off :D
when hes out of juice he will try and run.

Its other shamans and the like that the fights just keep going on ad on.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm how did you get that "Ability is not ready" spam all the way at the top of your screen like that? mine just spams in the middle of my screen (very annoying hope they give you an option to remove it completely) or is that a new feature in the UI customize option as I couldnt get it up like that when I last checked it..

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Stop strafing already!!!! :m00:

Considering the game autofaces as soon as you use an ability I always find strafers amusing. You can see the WoW players a mile off ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom